Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 B8 problems

• 20-05-2019 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 2008 Audi a4 b8 that I got cheap as electric problems.
    Comfort module was burnt out as filled up with water so replaced that
    No warnings on dash

Problems now is
    1. No inside roof lights
    2. Very dim instrument lights like I turned wheel down
    3. No main beam lights have dips and all the rest.

Fault code in central electrics is

02095 - Component Protection Active

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/02095

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

You cant just take a module from another car and put it in, it has to be either brand new from Audi or you need to have the component protection disabled by Audi (It requires a live feed to the factory in Germany to do)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Passataudi

rex-x wrote: »
    You cant just take a module from another car and put it in, it has to be either brand new from Audi or you need to have the component protection disabled by Audi (It requires a live feed to the factory in Germany to do)

So basically Audi makes money

Passataudi wrote: »
    So basically Audi makes money

Yep, and you may find them unwilling to unlock a second hand part, experiences vary

rex-x wrote: »
    Yep, and you may find them unwilling to unlock a second hand part, experiences vary

Thanks. I will just live with it for the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

If you were Audi, you'd probably do the same.

It's not so much a money making exercise so much as a J519 has to be coded to match the accessories and spec a particular model has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Can i ask, was it the EXACT same part number on the comfort ecu??

I only ask as I had an A6 with water ingress and long story short I could get ECUs with similar part numbers, the last letter different for example. Took me 3 attempts to find the exact same part number and everything ran fine. It was an earlier model tho.

If you were Audi, you'd probably do the same.

It's not so much a money making exercise so much as a J519 has to be coded to match the accessories and spec a particular model has.

To be fair it is kind of a money making exercise, the spec is just coded to the module as with all vag stuff but the component protection is designed to stop the use of second hand parts, under the guise of "less attractive for theives"
    Can i ask, was it the EXACT same part number on the comfort ecu??

I only ask as I had an A6 with water ingress and long story short I could get ECUs with similar part numbers, the last letter different for example. Took me 3 attempts to find the exact same part number and everything ran fine. It was an earlier model tho.

Older models didn't have component protection

Just an update. Rang 3 or 4 Audi dealers and none of them would do it only to sell me a module. Found someone to do it anyway but don't want post here. Pm me

Passataudi wrote: »
    Just an update. Rang 3 or 4 Audi dealers and none of them would do it only to sell me a module. Found someone to do it anyway but don't want post here. Pm me

There are a couple of people starting to have limited success with this thankfully outside the dealer network

Hi does anyone know where coolant temp sensor is located? Its 2008 b8 2.0tdi CAGA

• Advertisement
Advertisement