Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Toilets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I’d like to see public toilets in Dublin. My husband, myself and the kids have to bring baby wipes with us when up in the city. It’s humiliating having to number 2s up lanes or behind cars

I am sorry but I am a bit shocked by this.

Could you not to use a toilet in a hotel or fast food restaurant ? Any time I am stuck I use Supermacs, MacDonalds, Burger King etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I am sorry but I am a bit shocked by this.

Could you not to use a toilet in a hotel or fast food restaurant ? Any time I am stuck I use Supermacs, MacDonalds, Burger King etc.

I think it's tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Gael23 wrote: »
    This is a big issue.
    I suffer from a medical condition which on occasions necessitates an immediate visit to the toilet.
    I kind of know places where I can get in but there aren't many. I can recall one time where I tried 4 places before someone allowed me in, luckily that time wasn't so urgent but it could easily have been.

I know this really isn’t the issue at discussion, but can’t you get something like “need to go” cards? I mean, they’re incredibly intrusive and outright insulting but they seem like a necessity. Maybe they’re just a thing in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

cgcsb wrote: »

I actually wasn’t but in hindsight I will say it was tongue in cheek as reads a lot worse than the actual situations that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mr.S wrote: »
    . Eg if you walk into McDonalds on Grafton Street, and walk up to the toilets without buying anything, no one stops you :confused:
    and if they do

ChRdEMGWwAEXv5G.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

cgcsb wrote: »

I prefer baby wipes myself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Have these sort of public jacks in the Netherlands/Belgium. Urinals so not much use for the ladies but handy for the lads.

566812.jpg
    What if said lad needs to empty his bowels?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

Gael23 wrote: »
    What if said lad needs to empty his bowels?

Well I'd say these would be in addition to other, proper public toilets rather than just this type on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Well I'd say these would be in addition to other, proper public toilets rather than just this type on its own.

Most of these were installed at a time where it was considered “unladylike” to carry out basic bodily functions so I can’t see them making a comeback anytime soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Have these sort of public jacks in the Netherlands/Belgium. Urinals so not much use for the ladies but handy for the lads.

566812.jpg

Being a very regular visitor to Amsterdam (travel there a couple of times every year) these pissoirs are getting a bit thin on the ground...there used to be loads of them back in the 1990s but now only about 15 or so remain.

Amsterdam does have very clean and well kept public loos with an attendant where you usually pay 50 cent for the use of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement