Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours Conservatory

• 21-05-2019 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

What are the guidelines for building a conservatory?

My neighbours builder came and asked me would I mind. He kinda of caught me on the hop. I don't know much about this sort of thing.

Does he need planning permission?

It will be right be side my property as we have attached houses. He said it will have a peaked roof. Any advised appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

It's not really the builders job to inform you of an intented non planning required build.
    It's your neighbours duty of good will to inform you of said build and to answer any questions you might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d say the builder got wind that the neighbor hadn’t said anything and did the right thing of giving op a heads up.

That said, if it’s under the permitted size is there anything op can do ?

Is it causing you any trouble op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

The builder may be the person to answer these questions but its up to your neighbour to resolve them.
    Check the proposed material storage and waste disposal agreements, is it the builders job to look after this or the neighbours.
    Check who owns the fence/wall between your properties.
    Check where they are going to dig the foundations that it sits on as they shoud ideally leave a person size space between the finished build and your 'shared' fence (for future maintance).
    If it has a peaked roof make sure the guttering is to be installed and is not going to overhang your property.
    How will the build ground works impact your external guttering, drains and waste pipes.
    Does the back of the property contain any exit points eg extractor fans, soil pipes etc that would have to be reconfigured in a way that will impact your property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Check who owns the fence/wall between your properties.

Is there anyway you can check this online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PCros wrote: »
    Is there anyway you can check this online?

www.landdirect.ie

It will show the title, but not enough detail to pin point. If your in a typical urban setting, 99.9% of the time, the fence is split down the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Ok thanks.

Am I correct in saying that I have to purchase the folio to see the detail?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PCros wrote: »
    Ok thanks.

Am I correct in saying that I have to purchase the folio to see the detail?

Yes

Advertisement