Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So the whole 'ran 10k 3 weeks after accident but swore an affidavit staking she couldn't run at for 3 months ' is made up, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Drop everything folks- it’s the media’s fault.
    Maria didn’t do anything wrong- it’s the blasted media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

eagle eye wrote: »
    No chance half the stuff that has been reported is true because no solicitor would be having it.

Remind us. Who was her legal rep who instructed her that she had a good case?

How do you know how she felt about things after the accident. Did she have concussion, do you know?

So is Maria Walsh but nobody is giving out about her.

It was never proven to be fraudulent. There has been stories written that suggest it bit you have to be gullible enough to believe everything that's written and in my opinion that is a mistake by you and anybody else who just swallows everything said.

What about medical costs, taxpayers being screwed out of money. See Sion Harris. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find people involved with Simon Harris in some way who have benefitted greatly from the billions spent on the children's hospital debacle.

She got destroyed in social media and like everybody else these days she ran away scared.

You surmise from all that you've read that it was dubious.
    I'm not easily fooled and I've a lit of experience dealing with solicitors and courts. No chance half the stuff that has been reported is true because no solicitor would be having it.

It was fraudulent- she lied, consistently, on her affidavit.
    It’s not the media’s fault- it’s her own- she’s a chancer and has been caught out badly.
    Her role, and what she is paid for, is to be a public representative- she has attempted to lie her way to a large payout and has been caught.

She, and you, need to stop blaming everyone else for this issue as only Maria bailey is responsible for what has happened here and sometimes you just have to take the ridicule.

And about Simon Harris- please avoid whataboutery unless you actually have something to back it up.
    Even then avoid whataboutery and just dead with the topic at hand

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

pablo128 wrote: »
    Remind us. Who was her legal rep who instructed her that she had a good case?

Nobody knows. All we know is the name of the firm which represented her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Drop everything folks- it’s the media’s fault.
    Maria didn’t do anything wrong- it’s the blasted media

Or she did but so are others so why should she be singled out? Damn media doing their job for once. The weakest argument has to be other people have done wrong why aren’t they being talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

“You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything†It’s that attitude coupled with lies, fraud and a hideously low level of self awareness that has her in this situation
    How do you know how she felt about things after the accident. Did she have concussion, do you know?
    salmocab wrote:
    Only because she was caught fibbing. She is dishonest.
    So is Maria Walsh but nobody is giving out about her.
    But the claim was only dropped because it was clearly found, in advance if the case, to be fraudulent.
    It was never proven to be fraudulent. There has been stories written that suggest it bit you have to be gullible enough to believe everything that's written and in my opinion that is a mistake by you and anybody else who just swallows everything said.
    odyssey06 wrote:
    You'd have to be living under a bridge not to realise this is important in the context of her being a member of a government doing nothing in the face of spurious & exaggerated claims and rising insurance costs.
    What about medical costs, taxpayers being screwed out of money. See Sion Harris. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find people involved with Simon Harris in some way who have benefitted greatly from the billions spent on the children's hospital debacle.
    Mrsmum wrote:
    If she felt she had a valid claim, she should have been able to defend her position better than the pure gibberish she spoke on the SOR radio programme. Gibberish that had her own colleagues shaking their heads in dismay at how dreadful a portrait she painted of herself. That was her chance to explain her claim and she blew it by evading questions on her own responsibility as regards the accident and whinging like some sort of spoiled princess that questions were actually being asked about it.
    She got destroyed in social media and like everybody else these days she ran away scared.
    K.Flyer wrote:
    She dropped her claim because she was exposed to be making a dubious insurance claim as a result of her own ineptitude. This in turn gives rise to question her integrity as a sitting T.D. and to question if, especially after hearing the radio interview, she is fit to retain that position as a government representative.
    I'm not easily fooled and I've a lit of experience dealing with solicitors and courts. No chance half the stuff that has been reported is true because no solicitor would be having it.

It has to be said, in most cases government bots make some effort to come across as having a reasoned argument but this nonsense takes the biscuit.
    She successfully got an out of court bundle from Aerlingus. She chanced her arm this time thinking she could get a new second bundle and there wouldn't be a word about it. Things went public, the 10k proved she was in fact fit and lied about the crux of the whole case. That's attempted insurance fraud in anyones book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Mrsmum wrote: »
    If she felt she had a valid claim, she should have been able to defend her position better than the pure gibberish she spoke on the SOR radio programme. Gibberish that had her own colleagues shaking their heads in dismay at how dreadful a portrait she painted of herself. That was her chance to explain her claim and she blew it by evading questions on her own responsibility as regards the accident and whinging like some sort of spoiled princess that questions were actually being asked about it.

Purely conjecture on my behalf; but I think she formed a cunning plan over the weekend before the interview. Thought to herself, 'I know, SOR is the guy to help me with this one. We've met before and sure we're all pals and part of the set'

She vastly overestimated her acquaintance with Sean and basically she put her head in the lions mouth expecting a lick on the forehead and while he didn't take her head off, he did give her a good nip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The way is see it is this..
    If she had a fully unambiguous legitimate claim to an injury as a result of negligence on behalf of the hotel, she would not have backed down and withdrawn the claim, nobody would.
    If the information that has been "leaked" about her was not factually correct she has had plenty of opportunity to refute it.
    Instead, on the radio, she admitted that she fell off the swing because she was "...holding a drink in one hand while reaching to take her friend's drink with her other hand while her friend was getting her phone from her bag"
    Then she tried to blame the hotel for her own incompetence.
    Go listen to the interview, she did herself no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was fraudulent- she lied, consistently, on her affidavit. It’s not the media’s fault- it’s her own- she’s a chancer and has been caught out badly. Her role, and what she is paid for, is to be a public representative- she has attempted to lie her way to a large payout and has been caught.
    Has she been charged with fraud?
    She, and you, need to stop blaming everyone else for this issue as only Maria bailey is responsible for what has happened here and sometimes you just have to take the ridicule.
    Social media is infested with stupid people.
    I mentioned Simon Harris, surely you are looking for him to be fired and remived from the FG party as well? What about Maria Walsh and her lies?
    And about Simon Harris- please avoid whataboutery unless you actually have something to back it up. Even then avoid whataboutery and just dead with the topic at hand
    I'm comparing things. One person files a claim then drops it due to media pressure.
    The other guy wastes billions of taxpayers money. Which is worse? I know as far as I'm concerned it's no.2.
    I'm also bringing up Maria Walsh, recently elected despite lying her tooth and getting caught on it but I see you or anybody else demanding her resignation it expulsion from the FG party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Has she been charged with fraud?

Social media is infested with stupid people.
    I mentioned Simon Harris, surely you are looking for him to be fired and remived from the FG party as well? What about Maria Walsh and her lies?

I'm comparing things. One person files a claim then drops it due to media pressure.
    The other guy wastes billions of taxpayers money. Which is worse? I know as far as I'm concerned it's no.2.
    I'm also bringing up Maria Walsh, recently elected despite lying her tooth and getting caught on it but I see you or anybody else demanding her resignation it expulsion from the FG party.

She should be charged with attempted fraud at least.

You keep bringing up Simon Harris. He is incompetent at best, but there's no hard evidence he willingly deceived anyone. I think it's fair to say he got deceived himself, unless there's some proof to say otherwise.

Maria had the neck to fire off a letter demanding cash before being refused and initiating legal proceedings based on a big lie. And got caught lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anyways I'm done with this nonsense. Imo she should not face any further consequences over this.

I think you should all find something important to whinge and moan about like the billions wasted on the children's hospital or the fact that a soccer world cup is going to be held in Qatar despite outrageous human rights abuse.

Or that a man who planned, calculated and calmly murdered his wife and tried to make it look like a suicide is being given temporary release for family visits despite his dead wife's family being deeply upset by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

FG must be pretty happy.

Housing, Healthcare, Environmental issues are all something which have been in the news recently but what is getting people most worked up is an idiot trying to scam the system.

I expect she will be expelled (suspended from the party) and that they will try to use that as evidence they are tough on fraudulent claims. They could come out of this with kudos yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Anyways I'm done with this nonsense. Imo she should not face any further consequences over this.

I think you should all find something important to whinge and moan about like the billions wasted on the children's hospital or the fact that a soccer world cup is going to be held in Qatar despite outrageous human rights abuse.

Or that a man who planned, calculated and calmly murdered his wife and tried to make it look like a suicide is being given temporary release for family visits despite his dead wife's family being deeply upset by it.

Hi Maria 💘💘💘💘💗

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Comparing a personal injury claim to the building of a hospital is some stretch.

Did Harris have forsight that it would run over cost to the extent that it has/will? Highly doubtful.

Maria Bailey, knew how injured she was, she knew the hotel were up for paying medical expenses, she sought to gain more from this small admission of guilt and went looking hard to profit greatly from this.

In the SOR interview, she even tells SOR that she had sought advice with regards when the public would know about the case.. why would someone who has absolute belief in their case/the injury they suffered have a thought about that? Can't remember the word she used but it was basically that she could prepare herself/her defense for when the public got wind of this shame that she would hopefully be near the end of the case or past it, she could ride happily into the sun set with her I'll gotten gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

For Christ sake she's a chancer. Her father's a chancer. I'm glad to see her fall off her perch.
    Just because worse has happened in the world doesn't mean she should get away with it

For all the businesses trying to get by this is the first victory

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Draw a line in the sand with it, eh?

The look over here is strong with this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I wonder will the internal review actually be finished in 2 weeks or will they push it out to take advantage of Dail holidays. The fall is not very complicated event so 1 hour of questioning should suffice there. Maybe Maria Bailey will do a re-enactment with a couple of Heineken Zeros. Perhaps he will also ask how she spent so much money on medical expenses whilst also attending concerts and 10k events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭spurshero

Draw a line in the sand with it, eh?

The look over here is strong with this one.

I think eagle eye is Maria Bailey !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Did anyone posting here vote for Fine Gael?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

spurshero wrote: »

Dunno if Maria's alias is eagle eye, it's more likely to be bird brain.

spurshero wrote: »

She has certainly fallen off her perch!

Oxter wrote: »

Many times in the past. Come from a strong FG family. Preferences in recent Local/Euro elections.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Oxter wrote: »

No, I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Wtf has any of this go to do with Maria Bailey's disgraceful attempt to squeeze money out of the dean? Honestly, your performance here is worse than herself on SOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

are me meant to feel sorry for MB because usually politicians get away scott free with their shenanigans but this one time a politician got stung rapid?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,062 ✭✭✭✭zell12

are me meant to feel sorry for MB because usually politicians get away scott free with their shenanigans and this one time a politician got stung rapid?
    No.
    It's because
    HUMANITY HAS BEEN CROSSED

:pac: :pac:

The best thing to come out of this is that Dubs can no longer slag off us culchies for voting in people like Lowry, the Healy Rae, etc.

They have voted in someone who didn't have the ability to pull off what can only be described as the low hanging fruit of scams in Ireland- insurance fraud. Literally anyone seems to be able to put forward a coherent story and push a claim for this but not MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The best thing to come out of this is that Dubs can no longer slag off us culchies for voting in people like Lowry, the Healy Rae, etc.

They have voted in someone who didn't have the ability to pull off what can only be described as the low hanging fruit of scams in Ireland- insurance fraud. Literally anyone seems to be able to put forward a coherent story and push a claim for this but not MB.

Yes that’s the best thing alright, way better than catching the fraud by an elected official.
    We’ll have you know we’ve voted in terrible politicians here long before MB and will continue to do so long after she has disappeared into the ether.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Yes that’s the best thing alright, way better than catching the fraud by an elected official.
    We’ll have you know we’ve voted in terrible politicians here long before MB and will continue to do so long after she has disappeared into the ether.

It was a joke.
    Bit early for the blood pressure to be close to boiling.

I have as strong a position as most on this - as evidenced from previous posts but might aswell inject a bit of humour into this thread now as its been fairly well covered.

It's up to FG to remove her from the ticket and if they dont then its up to the peoplr of DL/RD to vote her out - if neither happen then it's a worrying development.

She will probably hang on until the next election as they dont want to have a by-election less than 12 months out from a GE but whether shes gets on the ticket is another state of affairs.

My prediction is they'll pull her from the ticket, put her in the Seanad and see can she rebuild her rep by attaching herself to literally every cause possible over her Seanad term- similar to aodhán ó ríordáin of labour, who has just tried to attach himself to every cause to mask the fact he is a failed TD.

For some reason people have short memories and fail to see how disingenuous some politicians are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement