Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

This country is a ****ing joke we’re too soft

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

nuac wrote: »
    Who and by what authority were RTÉ instructed to take down this interview?

Bailey and Sean O Rourke interview is still available on RTE.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21560707

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

nuac wrote: »
    Who and by what authority were RTinstructed to take down this interview?

Not gonna happen, FG are technologically illiterate, but not that technologically illiterate.

They know the cat is well and firmly out of the bag, and that interview will have been downloaded and uploaded/stored hundreds of thousands of times by now.

Would be an exercise in futility asking Montrose to pull it.

The internet never forgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Any evidence of a request to take the interview down?

Not that it would achieve anything as others have said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Another FG rep (well, now former FG) on his way to court.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2019/0602/1053075-frank-mcbrearty-quits/

PTSD from bullying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Interview from SOR is still available
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_seanorourke.xml

...will still be there until Dee gets her licence fee hike
    It's up on YouTube as well. It ain't going away.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

PTSD from bullying.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cf417e754624953492a0e7f&rid=giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

PTSD from bullying.
    All those offers and Fine Gael still Couldn’t ‘ Swing ' this fella :eek:

And there was me thinking that Fine Gael were the Oldest Swingers in Town .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's an actual insult to actual real sufferers of that....

Oh dear lord jebus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Donegal County Councillor Frank McBrearty, who resigned from Fine Gael after less than two months in the party, has said he will sue Fine Gael for post-traumatic stress disorder.

What a drip.
    Hard to understand how Fine Gael were not the Party for him . I suppose , perhaps he thinks falling off a Fine Gael Seat could be lucrative .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

PTSD from bullying.

Ah he isn’t really Fine Gael. He only joined in April.

Before that he was an Independent and before that he was in the Labour Party

Flakey behavior tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,975 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

PTSD from bullying.

Nah. He is the witness that saw Bailey fall off the swing. Hasnt stopped laughing. Does terrible things to a man.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The Nation could sue the Gubberment for PTSD at this rate. That diagnosis has to be made by a Psychiatrist/Psychologist and fundamentally consists of recurring and profoundly disabling memories of a trauma suffered which affect everyday life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

"I have to talk to the independents and the other groupings, Fine Gael included....If I am excluded from power-sharing I will make the council unworkable."

This shows the measure of the man.

No doubt he claims in his electioneering that he wants to 'represent his people' but in reality he's just power hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Another delicate FG flower!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Snowflakes seem to be coming more common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

You know it's bad when even wheeliebin says similar. :pac:

Yep.

Never afraid to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

But the claim was only dropped because it was clearly found, in advance if the case, to be fraudulent.

Just to be clear, her claim has not and will not be found to be fraudulent.

I defend personal injury claims for my employer and in my experience, Bailey's case comes absolutely nowhere near the bar for fraud.

People are forgetting that she did indeed fall. Not sure whose fault the fall was but she did fall. Only a court can decide definitively on liability. She could have been injured in that fall. She has medical reports stating that she was injured.

Now lets look at her race 3 weeks after the fall. She would possibly argue that she was injured and sore for 3 weeks and then felt good enough to run. She would then possibly claim that after the race her pain returned and that she hadn't recovered as much as she thought. The inaccuracy in the Affidavit could easily be explained in court as a lapse of memory or a typing mistake. I see these things being corrected regularly in court.

We have people sueing us after being absent for only 1 week so even if Bailey had recovered after 3 weeks, she could still sue for that period.

I'm no fan of Bailey over this claim but to be fair, it's a stretch to accuse her of fraud.

PTSD from bullying.

Well, are we allowed even mention the massive elephant in that particular room?

Bye George: Lee quits party and politics after being 'frozen out' by Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Get FF back in power lads. This country is run by a bunch of teachers, we need pro business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Get FF back in power lads. This country is run by a bunch of teachers, we need pro business.

They don't seem to want an election, which seems weird.

It's good that it's fairly stable and all... are they waiting to see how Brexit plays out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Representatives of small businesses have appeared before the Oireachtas Finance Committee recently to highlight the difficulties in securing public liability insurance.

Two children's play centres in Dublin and Carlow closed their doors citing a 300% rise in their public liability insurance costs, and they had no swings on their premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

givyjoe wrote:
    whataboutery.
    That word right there proves my point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    They don't seem to want an election, which seems weird.

It's good that it's fairly stable and all... are they waiting to see how Brexit plays out?

Sure FG are making massive mistakes on a monthly basis, FF just need to sit back and watch their rehabilitation complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Sure FG are making massive mistakes on a monthly basis, FF just need to sit back and watch their rehabilitation complete.

There's a bit of a panic that they've lost the younger vote.

Would it be possible for them to play the weed card in the guise of helping rural agriculture?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

BattleCorp wrote: »
    But the claim was only dropped because it was clearly found, in advance if the case, to be fraudulent.

I defend personal injury claims for my employer and in my experience, Bailey's case comes absolutely nowhere near the bar for fraud.

People are forgetting that she did indeed fall. Not sure whose fault the fall was but she did fall. Only a court can decide definitively on liability. She could have been injured in that fall. She has medical reports stating that she was injured.

Now lets look at her race 3 weeks after the fall. She would possibly argue that she was injured and sore for 3 weeks and then felt good enough to run. She would then possibly claim that after the race her pain returned and that she hadn't recovered as much as she thought. The inaccuracy in the Affidavit could easily be explained in court as a lapse of memory or a typing mistake. I see these things being corrected regularly in court.

We have people sueing us after being absent for only 1 week so even if Bailey had recovered after 3 weeks, she could still sue for that period.

I'm no fan of Bailey over this claim but to be fair, it's a stretch to accuse her of fraud.
    If that is the standard of claim that is now seen as reasonable within the courts, well the country is fecked. Nobody will be able to insure any premises soon.
    Something needs to change to force judges to use the traditional idea of the business being negligent before making a judgement against them.
    People are falling in shops by tripping on their own laces and getting pay outs.
    It's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's so ****ing brazen of her to send back the €600 cheque enclosed in a letter to the Dean Hotel saying that that is not going to cover her medical expenses, based on her own medical opinion.....From what I read it her that sent the letter and not her solicitors, is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

This would be the same FF whose leader is ...... you've guessed it ...... a teacher! Vive la change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

She's an avid runner. She ran a time within 8 secs of her previous year. She would of had to have been training for that time well in advance of the race.

Takes weeks to train for that time as per her previous years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

She clearly said she was only looking for her medical expenses for the three weeks following the accident.
    €7000 is unexplainable unless she was hospitalised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement