Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,568 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I love this hole story, she has been basically destroyed as utter high class trailer thrash and the Dean Hotel has been given media attention worth hundreds of thousands as a result, love it.

I love this hole story, she has been basically destroyed as utter high class trailer thrash and the Dean Hotel has been given media attention worth hundreds of thousands as a result, love it.

'High class' is being rather generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Peatys wrote: »
    She's an avid runner. She ran a time within 8 secs of her previous year. She would of had to have been training for that time well in advance of the race.

Takes weeks to train for that time as per her previous years time.

I love the way she described herself as an 'athlete' on the SOR show. Running hobbyists take themselves awfully seriously - a marker of one who is painfully middle class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I lost touch with this thread because of the Bank Holiday but when I haven't seen a mention in the news I'm assuming she got away with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

12412903555_19c94bb080_o.jpg

And in the irony of most ironies stories today, we have this in the Independent:
    An Arts organisation called on Culture Minister Josepha Madigan to "spearhead" a campaign on insurance reform amid fears that spiralling premiums had led to a "crisis" for street performers and other artists.

The correspondence shows how concern over rising insurance is affecting organisations that fall into Ms Madigan's area of responsibility.
    And just in case anybody just popping into this thread after a month's holidays in Mars:
    Madigans Solicitors, which is owned by her brother and which Ms Madigan left in June 2017, represented Ms Bailey in the case she took against the Dean hotel after she fell off a swing in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

'High class' is being rather generous.
    High up the League of Trailer Thrash ....don’t Ya Know !;)

Kivaro wrote: »
    12412903555_19c94bb080_o.jpg

And in the irony of most ironies stories today, we have this in the Independent:
    An Arts organisation called on Culture Minister Josepha Madigan to "spearhead" a campaign on insurance reform amid fears that spiralling premiums had led to a "crisis" for street performers and other artists.

The correspondence shows how concern over rising insurance is affecting organisations that fall into Ms Madigan's area of responsibility.
    And just in case anybody just popping into this thread after a month's holidays in Mars:
    Madigans Solicitors, which is owned by her brother and which Ms Madigan left in June 2017, represented Ms Bailey in the case she took against the Dean hotel after she fell off a swing in 2015.
    Bump ! Don’t Sue !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,262 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yurt! wrote: »
    I love the way she described herself as an 'athlete' on the SOR show. Running hobbyists take themselves awfully seriously - a marker of one who is painfully middle class.

LoL, a mammy who runs a bit thinks she's Olympics material!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Nobody needs to be a world class athlete to be an athlete.

Anybody who trains regularly and participates in competition is worthy of calling themselves an athlete.

Its not that that makes her a knob. It's her victim attitude, sense of entitlement and refusal to accept she did a stupid thing and made it worse by doing another whole series of stupid things and got caught out.

Anybody who trains regularly and participates in competition is worthy of calling themselves an athlete.

Its not that that makes her a knob. It's her victim attitude, sense of entitlement and refusal to accept she did a stupid thing and made it worse by doing another whole series of stupid things and got caught out.
    Knob on Swing...Comes a cropper !

• Advertisement

I train and compete in a sport (as a hobbyist) to keep my weight down - if I attempted to declare myself as an athlete, my mates would give me an unmerciful ribbing.

Yummy-mummies from South Dublin doing the Samsung Night Run because Sorcha from HR is doing it too can call themselves athletes, but I'm free to call 'notions' on them. Lulu Lemon do well out of such notions mind you, so I guess it keeps the economy ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This would be the same FF whose leader is ...... you've guessed it ...... a teacher! Vive la change!

For one whole year. He’s no more a teacher than Cowen was a solicitor. These people are politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I lost touch with this thread because of the Bank Holiday but when I haven't seen a mention in the news I'm assuming she got away with it?

I've just glanced the Indo and seen two articles. One from Pat McDonagh slamming the claims culture and another from Art gallery groups lobbying culture Minister Josepha Madigan to tackle insurance on their behalf.

It's not going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mickdw wrote: »
    If that is the standard of claim that is now seen as reasonable within the courts, well the country is fecked. Nobody will be able to insure any premises soon.
    Something needs to change to force judges to use the traditional idea of the business being negligent before making a judgement against them.
    People are falling in shops by tripping on their own laces and getting pay outs.
    It's nuts.

Courts DO have to make a finding of negligence against a business. The "traditional idea" as you say, IS what is used. What makes you think it isn't?

Can you give me one example of where someone trips on their own laces and successfully sues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I've just glanced the Indo and seen two articles. One from Pat McDonagh slamming the claims culture and another from Art gallery groups lobbying culture Minister Josepha Madigan to tackle insurance on their behalf.

It's not going away.

But she still has a job, so she's snaked her way out of it (I'm assuming her meeting with the brass happened midweek).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

everlast75 wrote: »
    Courts DO have to make a finding of negligence against a business. The "traditional idea" as you say, IS what is used. What makes you think it isn't?

Can you give me one example of where someone trips on their own laces and successfully sues?

I'm sure if you tripped on your shoelace near a pothole you're good for 20k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ChikiChiki wrote: »

It's not going away.

But she still has a job, so she's snaked her way out of it (I'm assuming her meeting with the brass happened midweek).

Maybe so but can see this doing crippling damage to Fine Gael. The business community and public are livid. Leos inaction speaks volumes about him as a leader.

She should be up on charges for Insurance Fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Independent working non stop on this story

I can’t remember the last time a paper was this determined

I suppose you could say John Delaney but even that wasn’t getting so much archive digging

mikemac2 wrote: »

I suppose you could say John Delaney but even that wasn’t getting so much archive digging
    Leo must not have prostrated himself enough for someone !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm sure if you tripped on your shoelace near a pothole you're good for 20k

Are we at the stage now that we have to invent cases to argue that Bailey was bang out of order, or that the Courts are too pro-Plaintiff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Side tangent here but someone was telling me that school insurance covers children's accidents anywhere so if a child fell off his bike on a Saturday and because of his own messing broke a tooth, the school insurance would pay for that. Is that right and if so why ?

I'd say they have their mitts on the video of her taking the hopper when she was after having a skinful of prosecco (with Josepha in-shot also liquored to the gills), they'll wait until the Senior Counsel 'review' clears her, then drop it on them Enola Gay style.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

DOB lost a case so he is out for revenge against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I know of a case where a persons own child dropped a bowling ball on their foot a payout was made to them noting the place could do to prevent that.

Kid falls over himself in a soft play area breaks an arm again nothing the centre and kids parents despite not being there come up with a completely different set of events insurance company puts a reserve of nearly 50k on said claim.

This is the reality of the situation people are lashing in claims where the business isn’t even at fault and they are being paid off. Bailey’s claim follows the same line.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,391 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ChikiChiki wrote:
    She should be up on charges for Insurance Fraud.
    The cas has been dropped, there is no insurance fraud.
    ChikiChiki wrote:
    Maybe so but can see this doing crippling damage to Fine Gael. The business community and public are livid. Leos inaction speaks volumes about him as a leader.
    The public are not up in arms. The media are pushing it because the stupid on social media have bitten on this.
    Normal people on the street who don't spend their whole day with their heads stuck in a phone have moved on from this long ago.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The cas has been dropped, there is no insurance fraud.

The public are not up in arms. The media are pushing it because the stupid on social media have bitten on this.
    Normal people on the street who don't spend their whole day with their heads stuck in a phone have moved on from this long ago.
    Has this case been investigated for Insurance Fraud ? Or attempted Insurance Fraud ?

It certainly seems like a case that the Gardai / Insurance Fraud Investigators should be inquiring into .

There has been very questionable behaviour by the “ Claimant “

The Public need to know that a case like this is being investigated .

“ Standards and all That ! "

blinding wrote:
    The Public need to know that a case like this is being investigated .
    There is no case, it's been dropped. Is that plain enough English for you?

There is no case, it's been dropped. Is that plain enough English for you?
    Was Fraud Attempted ? Was the Case withdrawn because it was clear that Fraud was Attempted ?

Is the Government serious about Insurance Fraud or is Show Pony Leo just producing more Rocking Horse Sh!t;)

blinding wrote:
    Was Fraud Attempted ? Was the Case withdrawn because it was clear that Fraud was Attempted ?
    Under what act do you charge someone for not pursuing a claim?

• Advertisement

Under what act do you charge someone for not pursuing a claim?
    Just because a case was dropped does not mean Insurance Fraud was not attempted ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement