Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭spurshero

eagle eye wrote: »
    There is no case, it's been dropped. Is that plain enough English for you?

Dropped cause she knew she wasn’t getting a soft 60 grand and to try and save what’s left her of her career . Is that plain enough English for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Normal people on the street who don't spend their whole day with their heads stuck in a phone have moved on from this long ago.
    I suppose I'm one of these normal peolpe(don't use twitter etc) , I still find this storyline hard to believe, she has a real bad dose of "Walter mitty syndrome" or to the younger crowd she's full of s*it, I hope this won't be brushed away, peolpe are pissed off with fg carry on and poor auld athlete bailey is the person with the target on her back (all down to her own doing), it's about time something is done with all these fraudulent insurance claims, to many small businesses closing over high policies, house insurance(if ya can afford it) car insurance, private health insurance(if ya can afford it) and so on, I'm at breaking point trying to pay all the insurances mortgage food on the table and all the other bills coming in .... when is enough enough .... rant over

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

• Registered Users Posts: 38,393 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

blinding wrote:
    Just because a case was dropped does not mean Insurance Fraud was not attempted ?
    Under what act don't you charge someone with attempted insurance fraud? How do you prove intent when the claim was dropped?

spurshero wrote:
    Dropped cause she knew she wasn’t getting a soft 60 grand and to try and save what’s left her of her career . Is that plain enough English for you
    Dropped because of damning press and social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭spurshero

blinding wrote: »
    Just because a case was dropped does not mean Insurance Fraud was not attempted ?

Insurance fraud was attempted . She thought there be a cheque written from dean and this would never come public . Bottle beer in one hand bottle wine in other ., she gambled and lost and will pay ultimate price if she’s brave enough to go in next election . Probaly step aside citing family reasons or some other nonsense as she will know she’s finished .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Is there any possibility of bringing a case against her, like the one against Boris Johnson. Or is the dpp the only body that can act.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Under what act don't you charge someone with attempted insurance fraud? How do you prove intent when the claim was dropped?
    Insurance Fraud may have been attempted up until the case was dropped .

If the Police intercept someone on the way to murder someone they charge them with attempted murder . The offender does not get away with saying ; I changed my mind !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Under what act do you charge someone for not pursuing a claim?

Lying on a sworn affidavit is not a crime??!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Dropped because of damning press and social media.

You mean her own social media posts that proved she was lieing

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

The insurance situation has been bad for years. Wasn't a European body doing a raid recently on the insurance federation?
    For anti competitive practices ?
    Amazing we have pretty lame referendums on divorce and other non urgent matters but we can't sort out insurance costs?
    I'm not saying the divorce issue didn't have to be sorted but it surely wasn't as urgent as the sprilling cost of insurance

As soon as the case of s dropped it's in the bin or shredder as far as I'm aware.
    I can't even remember a person being charged with perjury in this country. That's actually going into a court, taking the oath and telling lies. It's happened many times but I have never heard of anyone being charged over it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

As to Bailey leave her be and sort the real issue out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The cas has been dropped, there is no insurance fraud.

Undoubtedly you'd apply the same logic to someone who was interrupted during a mugging/armed robbery or a serious sexual assault?

"What's the problem here guard? Why you making a big deal about it, sure I didn't bleedin actually rape/rob/mug your wan":confused:

She got caught out, she admitted her greatest worry all along was when it would be made public, and she was told that she was assured it wouldn't, unless it went before a judge, ie - they (legal eagles) were hoping the insurance would pay out before hand.
    The public are not up in arms. The media are pushing it because the stupid on social media have bitten on this.
    Normal people on the street who don't spend their whole day with their heads stuck in a phone have moved on from this long ago.

FFS - you're showing unmistakable symptoms of hard of understanding, or blind ignorance. Possibly both.

smurgen wrote:
    You mean her own social media posts that proved she was lieing
    No the many, many stupid people on social media who follow the leader because they are incapable of thinking for themselves, the ones that use words like whataboutery because some idiot they think has brains used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

blinding wrote:
    Was Fraud Attempted ? Was the Case withdrawn because it was clear that Fraud was Attempted ?
    Under what act do you charge someone for not pursuing a claim?

Conspiracy to defraud.

As soon as the case of s dropped it's in the bin or shredder as far as I'm aware.
    I can't even remember a person being charged with perjury in this country. That's actually going into a court, taking the oath and telling lies. It's happened many times but I have never heard of anyone being charged over it.
    Politicians wouldn’t like that sort of thing catching on !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

People have moved on. That what a rolling news cycle, and an outrage culture do. Well done to a few of the lads here for doing their best to keep it front and centre though - huge sacrifices to their own families and friends as a result of being glued to the phone for the past fortnight. FG well and truly influence their lives in ways they cannot admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

There is no case, it's been dropped. Is that plain enough English for you?
    Typical FG spin. She attempted fraud got caught and back tracked. This should be treated as attempted fraud.

Conspiracy to defraud.
    Under what act? Where are you s the intent when the claim has been dropped by her?
    All she has to say is she considered it under advice but decided then not to pursue. Judge has no option but to strike it out.

• Advertisement

rafatoni wrote: »
    Typical FG spin. She attempted fraud got caught and back tracked. This should be treated as attempted fraud.
    It was attempted Fraud . I don’t think she will be bringing anyone to court that says it was !

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

blinding wrote:
    It was attempted Fraud . I don’t think she will be bringing anyone to court that says it was !

Which is a criminal offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Side tangent here but someone was telling me that school insurance covers children's accidents anywhere so if a child fell off his bike on a Saturday and because of his own messing broke a tooth, the school insurance would pay for that. Is that right and if so why ?

It's not the school insurance, as in the policy the BoM would pay to cover the building, liability etc, but a separate policy, which is not mandatory, but all schools encourage parents to use, which costs parents less than €10 /child, and gives 24/7 accident cover, I have only ever heard of it been used to cover medical expenses.

rafatoni wrote:
    FG spin. Will you ever cop on, I despise Fine Gael. I've been harping on about Maria Walsh and her lies. If you go back and check my posts during Obama's visit you'll see where I felt embarrassed because Enda Kenny who had used the N word in a joke in 2002 was up there as our nation's leader and I'd be certain that Obama would be aware he used that word.
    Find one time in all my posts where I gave them credit for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Conspiracy to defraud.

Under what act?

Section 3 Criminal Justice Act 2011, unless I am mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

People have moved on. That what a rolling news cycle, and an outrage culture do. Well done to a few of the lads here for doing their best to keep it front and centre though - huge sacrifices to their own families and friends as a result of being glued to the phone for the past fortnight. FG well and truly influence their lives in ways they cannot admit.

A poster who openly admits to being a paid FG shill, and committing electoral fraud to their benefit - rides in like a white knight on his majestic steed to defend them......

Go back to your shyte thread flash, your depriving losty with toilet talk and thanks button clicking.
    :D

It's telling you haven't addressed the Bailey controversy directly on a single occasion, FG badge of honour stitched in place. In their place are episodic attempts at deflection, including this one. Much to your chagrin, you alone can't stem the tide of antipathy towards a compulsive liar who is trying to extort the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A poster who openly admits to being a paid FG shill, and committing electoral fraud to their benefit - rides in like a white knight on his majestic steed to defend them......

Go back to your shyte thread flash, your depriving losty with toilet talk and thanks button clicking.
    :D

You've posted twice as often as any other poster on this thread - and most of them were responding to a lad who was winding you up like a pocketwatch! :D
    You were the same in the various water threads at the time - you couldn't see that you were the one getting played, and your obsession with FG was starting to look slightly unhinged. Listen, lad, put away the phone for the day, and go for a drive or a walk or something. It's a lovely day out there, and it's starting to look like you need a break from all this - there's a fair bit of anger in your posts behind all those smilies and stuff. It's only politics - you certainly can't change it while typing into a 2 inch keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

blinding wrote:

She purposely lied on an affidavit, a sworn legal document. Did a 10k run 3 weeks after the incident and said she couldn't run for 3 months.

Is that clear enough to you? What about standards in public office?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Well they should be charged with it. You probably see nothing wrong with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement