Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

eagle eye wrote: »
    She might have a case now. I'm sure the hotel sought legal advice about handing over data to a third party before doing it but if they didn't.....

I think the hotel and management would have a stronger case for defamation against maria bailey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote:
    I said I'm sure they did take legal advice but if they didn't she might have a case. How do you s that deluded? Or is this just a general statement because I'm not rowing in with the rest? I've been accused of being Maria Bailey, of being a Fine Gael supporter and of defending Maria Bailey in this thread. All I've said is this is very minor in comparison to other things like the billions wasted on the children's hospital. I've talked about Maria Walsh telling lies and nobody caring about it. The hypocrisy is amazing.

You really think that the hotel owners would not have taken legal advice about handing over data that maybe covered by GDPR? I don't give a toss about M Walsh this thread is not about her or the children's hospital or any other whataboutery you wish to try to introduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

tigger123 wrote:
    It's a Senior Counsel conducting the 'review'. I'm sure he wouldn't be asking for a copy of the CCTV footage if he thought it would have consequences down the line.
    People seem to think that because of GDPR no cant do anything anymore. It's the new Health and Safety.
    It's ok to ask for it, the responsibility is all on the holder of the data. Senior counsel obviously knows this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm enjoying the stupidity and hypocrisy of it all. It's just funny.

What about 911

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Where's the hypocrisy?

• Advertisement

You really think that the hotel owners would not have taken legal advice about handing over data that maybe covered by GDPR? I don't give a toss about M Walsh this thread is not about her or the children's hospital or any other whataboutery you wish to try to introduce.
    1. Read the first line of what you quoted and it answers the question you asked.
    2. I'm entitled to compare lies.
    3. If you don't know what a word means(whataboutery) then don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Not actually having a case didn't seem to prevent her putting in a claim in the first place.

eagle eye wrote:
    1. Read the first line of what you quoted and it answers the question you asked. 2. I'm entitled to compare lies. 3. If you don't know what a word means(whataboutery) then don't use it.

I have read it and it seems bizarre that you would think the hotel would not seek advice and act under it considering how willing to sue Bailey is.
    No I read some of your posts nothing but whataboutery and deflection. If you feel so strong about Walsh why not start your own thread.
    Also for a lad saying he was out , you're still here. ;-)

tigger123 wrote:
    Where's the hypocrisy?
    There is no uproar over Maria Walsh, another Fine Gael member, telling bare-faced lies but there is about Maria Bailey.
    If you care about money and spiralling costs then why aren't people looking for the removal of the minister for health after the children's hospital fiasco. That's going to cost everybody money. So people giving out about the claims culture in this country and rising insurance costs are not complaining about rising costs over mis-spent billions by the government. Sound hypocritical to me.

I have read it and it seems bizarre that you would think the hotel would not seek advice and act under it considering how willing to sue Bailey is. No I read some of your posts nothing but whataboutery and deflection. If you feel so strong about Walsh why not start your own thread. Also for a lad saying he was out , you're still here. ;-)
    The start of the post you quoted is 'I said I'm sure they did take legal advice'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

But what about the whataboutery?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

tigger123 wrote:
    Where's the hypocrisy?
    There is no uproar over Maria Walsh, another Fine Gael member, telling bare-faced lies but there is about Maria Bailey.
    If you care about money and spiralling costs then why aren't people looking for the removal of the minister for health after the children's hospital fiasco. That's going to cost everybody money. So people giving out about the claims culture in this country and rising insurance costs are not complaining about rising costs over mis-spent billions by the government. Sound hypocritical to me.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057939296

You also said if they didn't take advice, as I said I'm surprised you would even think they would act without advice considering Bailey's pervious willingness to go legal for a spurious matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

You have been encouraged to start another thread about Maria Walsh and the children's hospital, but yet you are still here banging that drum.

You know you can be critical of one while being critical of the others too? Do you see anyone on this thread defending Maria Walsh or the children's hospital or any other smokescreens you wish to introduce?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I seriously doubt you're enjoying any of this to be honest. Your incessant whinging about the continuance of the thread makes it fairly obvious you're not enjoying any of it. You said you were 'out' how many pages back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Did the Irish Times go out of their way to pick that photo :confused:

It’s not a bad photo, it’s perfectly fine but there are any number of professional looking photos out there of Maria Bailey smiling and looking smart

Seems a little unusual is all,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Anyways I'm done with this nonsense. Imo she should not face any further consequences over this.

I think you should all find something important to whinge and moan about like the billions wasted on the children's hospital or the fact that a soccer world cup is going to be held in Qatar despite outrageous human rights abuse.

Or that a man who planned, calculated and calmly murdered his wife and tried to make it look like a suicide is being given temporary release for family visits despite his dead wife's family being deeply upset by it.

:D

The world cup in Qatar was another bit of whataboutery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Did the Irish Times go out of their way to pick that photo :confused:
    It’s not a bad photo, it’s perfectly fine but there are any number of professional looking photos out there of Maria Bailey smiling and looking smart
    Seems a little unusual is all,

The media often use shifty looking photos of people that are being accused of being shifty. Definitely not the first time.

I wouldn't shift her with yours. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I wouldn't shift her with yours. :D

What are you doing with mine? I was sure it was there earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bailey goes to show, what we all know, that there's chancers everywhere. What upsets the Fine Gael brethren is they like to look down on everyone else and don't like the fact getting publicity that they've chancers and fraudsters in their mix. I suppose they can always stand by their record in office...oh, wait....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

More footage of that night

https://i.imgur.com/TohC1XC.mp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

inforfun wrote: »

Fair dues to her for running a 10k race a couple of weeks after that horrific fall!

I've been misjudging poor Maria, she's a real hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I said I'm sure they did take legal advice but if they didn't she might have a case.
    How do you s that deluded?
    Or is this just a general statement because I'm not rowing in with the rest?
    I've been accused of being Maria Bailey, of being a Fine Gael supporter and of defending Maria Bailey in this thread.
    All I've said is this is very minor in comparison to other things like the billions wasted on the children's hospital.
    I've talked about Maria Walsh telling lies and nobody caring about it. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Yeah Maria Walsh claiming to remember Mary Robinson's election is clearly one of the burning issues of today's world. Up there with possible war between America and Iran I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Children's hospital was a massive story, and still is. People are extremely angry about it.

A sitting TD trying to shake down a business with a suspicious injury claim, then getting caught doing it, then making a public spectacle of themselves on the RTE 1 will always be newsworthy. Doesn't matter what party it is, or what the circumstances are.

tigger123 wrote: »

The Children's hospital was a massive story, and still is. People are extremely angry about it.

Of course "people" are - and the "people" who are probably most annoyed about it are the FG TDs and Ministers who have to carry the political can for the insanely low cost estimates that they were given by the so-called 'experts' on the project team.

But it's just plain silly to think that the hospital would have cost less if another party had been in charge of the project. Even the opposition parties know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

tigger123 wrote: »

Of course "people" are - and the "people" who are probably most annoyed about it are the FG TDs and Ministers who have to carry the political can for the insanely low cost estimates that they were given by the so-called 'experts' on the project team.

But it's just plain silly to think that the hospital would have cost less if another party had been in charge of the project. Even the opposition parties know that.

This is unbelievable. Defending the indefensible. ****ing clowns are running the asylum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

inforfun wrote: »

Thats why you need supervision for ...Children

Adults are supposed to supervise themselves . No longer sure if Fine Gael TDs are up to the job .

Why do the pick such Loo-Lahs for these outlier seats .

Do they need to keep up their quota of Loo-Lahs .

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    This is unbelievable. Defending the indefensible. ****ing clowns are running the asylum.

As I wrote above, anyone who thinks that another party in government would have been able to deliver the same hospital to the same spec in the same timeframe on the same site for a lower price is completely deluded.

Things cost what they cost. And no amount of spin, blather, finger pointing or miscellaneous white noise can change that.

(Unless Mick Wallace's company had built it without paying VAT, of course!)

Now - back to Maria Bailey .....................

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »

As I wrote above, anyone who thinks that another party in government would have been able to deliver the same hospital to the same spec in the same timeframe on the same site for a lower price is completely deluded.

Things cost what they cost. And no amount of spin, blather, finger pointing or miscellaneous white noise can change that.

(Unless Mick Wallace's company had built it without paying VAT, of course!)

Now - back to Maria Bailey .....................
    That's what the FG spin machine want people to think anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement