Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I read a few pages back to see if it was mentioned, but can't see it.

Indo has a story of a woman dropping a claim against supermacs after she found a tack in her chips. Said she was suffering from PTSD ffs! And couldn't eat in restaurants after the ordeal!!

Yet they got cctv of her stuffing her face at a carvery which showed her affidavit was lies.

The more of these the better.

The timing of these stories by the indo on fraudulent insurance claims on businesses isn't coincidental.

They're keeping this story in people's minds, make no bones about it.

What's the bets they've been handed similar CCTV footage by the Dean as the one in the article showing the staged fall in Supermacs?

Supermacs CCTV, and the indo publishing same? GDRP bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

tigger123 wrote: »
    The Children's hospital was a massive story, and still is. People are extremely angry about it.

A sitting TD trying to shake down a business with a suspicious injury claim, then getting caught doing it, then making a public spectacle of themselves on the RTE 1 will always be newsworthy. Doesn't matter what party it is, or what the circumstances are.

Poetry.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

If we had GDPR a few years ago would have graham Dwyer got away with murdering his wife?

They nailed him on it using his phone signal from the local towers to confirm he was there despite his claims otherwise

A private phone company handed over his details and location.

Surely that’s against gdpr?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If we had GDPR a few years ago would have graham Dwyer got away with murdering his wife?

They nailed him on it using his phone signal from the local towers to confirm he was there despite his claims otherwise

Evidence was presented that the data was needed. At the time I think it was contingent upon a senior Garda request with no oversight.
    That has changed since then.

No Telco just hands over the data in an instance like this.
    Nor is the data itself stored in such a way that allows immediately personal identification.
    Metadata is stored in such a way that it only becomes "identifiable" when a specific search paramater is used and then all the metadata becomes searchable.

The metadata is held on a rolling 2 year term, and the use of the data with appropriate tools and authorisation allows for quick location of missing people, mapping of suspects and their movements and a myriad other uses for law enforcement and person location safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not sure if GDPR in those type of cases can be used when issued with a warrant.

I was away in Italy for some of the weekend, and this case was mentioned over there (a lot).
    Did it come out that other TD's/Councillors were with her?
    Last I heard was that it was possible that Josepha Madigan was with her, but now hearing a few names. Was it reported, or were any eye witnesses saying there were others there?

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Evidence was presented that the data was needed. At the time I think it was contingent upon a senior Garda request with no oversight.
    That has changed since then.

No Telco just hands over the data in an instance like this.
    Nor is the data itself stored in such a way that allows immediately personal identification.
    Metadata is stored in such a way that it only becomes "identifiable" when a specific search paramater is used and then all the metadata becomes searchable.

The metadata is held on a rolling 2 year term, and the use of the data with appropriate tools and authorisation allows for quick location of missing people, mapping of suspects and their movements and a myriad other uses for law enforcement and person location safety.

Cool thanks.

It’s just waiting to be challenged though in such a case I’d say, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Suckit wrote: »

I was away in Italy for some of the weekend, and this case was mentioned over there (a lot).
    Last I heard was that it was possible that Josepha Madigan was with her, but now hearing a few names. Was it reported, or were any eye witnesses saying there were others there?

Does it matter?

Cool thanks.

It’s just waiting to be challenged though in such a case I’d say, no?

Graham Dwyer has a challenge that will lead to a redrafting of the act governing it AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Does it matter?
    Does it matter that there may have been a few TD's with her when she fell off the swing?

Yes, I would imagine it would matter. For quite a few reasons.
    But if you mean just to me (which I can only imagine you do), then yes. It would help me form an opinion of those too.

Graham Dwyer has a challenge that will lead to a redrafting of the act governing it AFAIK.

Oh really?
    Surely he’d need serious money to engage in that kind of legal challenge.
    That’s interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭corminators

Just to note-
    They have another witness in the Graham Dwyer case who was only briefly mentioned and never went on the stand. That person would more than likely be requested to give evidence if he ever goes on trial again for that crime.
    That person knew everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Graham Dwyer didn't murder his wife!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

eagle eye wrote: »
    GDPR is so serious now that even a District Court judge cannot request the previous criminal history of a convicted offender. It can be given to the judge by another party but not be sought by the judge.

I don't know where the legislative basis is for that. There may be other reasons or legislation as to why previous convictions cannot be considered but Data Protection is certainly not to blame here the ODPC is not the competent supervisory authority for judges anyway.

Oh really?
    Surely he’d need serious money to engage in that kind of legal challenge.
    That’s interesting.

Not at all, costs on a point of law type case are borne by the state.
    Dwyer in any case has already been granted free legal aid.

Not at all, costs on a point of law type case are borne by the state.
    Dwyer in any case has already been granted free legal aid.

Tellingly, he designed the building on the street the gaiety is on. Opposite Stephens green Center. Home to H&M
    It’s all sharp angles with a massive pointless dagger shape sticking out over the main entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Does it matter?

It matters a great deal and could well finish this incompetent Government once and for all.

You very well know it.

Does it matter that there may have been a few TD's with her when she fell off the swing?

Yes, I would imagine it would matter. For quite a few reasons.
    But if you mean just to me (which I can only imagine you do), then yes. It would help me form an opinion of those too.

I just mean if they were there for all we know they went home and knew nothing of the claim until it came out.

Seems strange to start blaming people who might have been there without any facts.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It matters a great deal and could well finish this incompetent Government once and for all.

You very well know it.

How?

Makes no sense.

They might not of seen it, were aware of it or seen it and thought I’m out of here.

Clutching at straws.

Bailey is the one who deserves criticism right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Is she not a member of the government party and her actions reflect on them?

_blaaz wrote: »
    Is she not a member of the government party and her actions reflect on them?

So if one person in a family is a murderer or paedophile for example it reflects on the whole family???

Bit of perspective.

Mind you I have seen some vile comments about Michael Noonan today at his sisters funeral.

Seems there is no boundaries online anymore.

• Advertisement

So if one person in a family is a murderer or paedophile for example it reflects on the whole family???

No but a member of an organisation (like say a politocal party) represents the whole organisation and refect upon it and vice versa?

Why you wish to equate FG to a family is perhaps a circle for you to square

Bit of perspective.

Mind you I have seen some vile comments about Michael Noonan today at his sisters funeral.

Seems there is no boundaries online anymore.

You’re forgetting or ignoring her fathers really scandalous behaviour down the years?

Right so

_blaaz wrote: »
    No but a member of an organisation (like say a politocal party) represents the whole organisation and refect upon it and vice versa?

Why you wish to equate FG to a family is perhaps a circle for you to square

Ah look I have said she needs to go full stop.

One person doesn’t represent a political party.

We disagree no point going around in circles.

One person doesn’t represent a political party.

We disagree no point going around in circles.

Meh looks to me FG support her...FF kicked out bertie ahearn ffs

When you find yourself being compared disfavourably to FF....perhaps its time to question wisdom of supporting them,while she remains in the ranks

Shes a weak link and people rightly question outlook and ambition of a party what allows her in the ranks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

How?

Makes no sense.

They might not of seen it, were aware of it or seen it and thought I’m out of here.

Clutching at straws.

Every minute that passes and Varadkar fails to remove her it reflects badly on FG.

I hope he continues with his weak "leadership" all the way until the next election when he'll be kicked out on his arse himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know where the legislative basis is for that. There may be other reasons or legislation as to why previous convictions cannot be considered but Data Protection is certainly not to blame here the ODPC is not the competent supervisory authority for judges anyway.
    It's very recent as in the last couple of weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

The timing of these fraudulent insurance claims on businesses isn't coincidental.

They're keeping this story in people's minds, make no bones about it.

What's the bets they've been handed similar CCTV footage by the Dean as the one in the article showing the staged fall in Supermacs?

Supermacs CCTV, and the indo publishing same? GDRP bollocks.

MB: I had one beer in my hand and I was reaching for my friend's bottle of wine as she was taking her camera out of her jacket, I was then on the floor and I was mortified, I jumped up because I was mortified.

Somebody was or was not paying attention to the camera
    I hope nobody else gets clickbaited into this web because this is only the canape course and the full menu was years in the making and its not going away.
    For some in FG this episode must have come as an awful shock

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's very recent as in the last couple of weeks.

Have you a reference for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

In 'The Sunday Business Post' ('independent journalism on Sunday') the Minister for Housing's brother writes in defence of the Minister's Fine Gael party colleague and second cousin, the chair of the Housing Committee

twitter.com

The FG crowd can shut the fuck up about the Healy Raes forever more.

• Advertisement

The FG crowd can shut the fuck up about the Healy Raes forever more.

An actual debasement of moral authority!
    Any hope of holding the moral high ground when decrying the nepotism and cronyism of the other parties has now deserted FG!

Nevermind he's the brother of a sitting Minister...
    Is he not also her fúcking cousin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement