Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

People are suddenly shocked to discover dynastical incestuous nature of Irish politics?

Is this Waterford whispers all of a sudden?

Not forgiving it but this has always been the case and exactly why people are livid about Baileys fraudulent claim and FGs inaction over it.

This is effing why

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Just to note-
    They have another witness in the Graham Dwyer case who was only briefly mentioned and never went on the stand. That person would more than likely be requested to give evidence if he ever goes on trial again for that crime.
    That person knew everything.

Someone who works in a State legal office? (Apologies if straying from MB.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

In 'The Sunday Business Post' ('independent journalism on Sunday') the Minister for Housing's brother writes in defence of the Minister's Fine Gael party colleague and second cousin, the chair of the Housing Committee

twitter.com

The FG crowd can shut the fuck up about the Healy Raes forever more.

Jaysus no wonder we have a housing crisis if these entitled gob****es are in charge. They control the message and do not give a fiddlers about anyone except themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have you a reference for that.
    No, a judge who shall remain nameless told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The problem with personal injury claims here is that the bar is set too high for employers and business owners.

Like it or not, Bailey had grounds to sue once she fell off the swing. Would she have won, I don't know. I have my doubts. By the way, you don't have to be guaranteed a win to put in a claim. I've seen people do the dumbest sh1t and still put in a claim even though they caused the accident. And unfortunately they still usually end up winning.

For those of you who are saying that Bailey should be done for fraud, while I agree with your sentiments, it's clear that you aren't familiar with PI claims and how easy it is to succeed with them. There's zero chance Bailey will be charged with fraud.

Just to echo Eagle Eye, I'm surprised the hotel gave their files to a third party. Unless Bailey gave permission, that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just mean if they were there for all we know they went home and knew nothing of the claim until it came out.

Seems strange to start blaming people who might have been there without any facts.

What are you waffling about?
    I replied to one poster and asked a question. Nobody blaming anyone.

I asked if there had been any information released while I was away, that specified if others were there and if it also mentioned who they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

eagle eye wrote: »

Voldemort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

_blaaz wrote: »
    No but a member of an organisation (like say a politocal party) represents the whole organisation and refect upon it and vice versa?

Why you wish to equate FG to a family is perhaps a circle for you to square

Ah look I have said she needs to go full stop.

One person doesn’t represent a political party.

We disagree no point going around in circles.
    But it's not just one member with a questionable claim is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

judgejules.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

In 'The Sunday Business Post' ('independent journalism on Sunday') the Minister for Housing's brother writes in defence of the Minister's Fine Gael party colleague and second cousin, the chair of the Housing Committee

twitter.com

The FG crowd can shut the fuck up about the Healy Raes forever more.
    Fine Gael are a right bunch of Yahoos .:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd say they have their mitts on the video of her taking the hopper when she was after having a skinful of prosecco (with Josepha in-shot also liquored to the gills), they'll wait until the Senior Counsel 'review' clears her, then drop it on them Enola Gay style.

We can only hope .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

From the brother of Eoghan Murphy. They just keep on digging. Now that is a very ill advised article. Almost as bad as Maria Bailey going on SOR however I would say HQ or at least Eoghan Murphy was aware of this article being published.

I can only think that they have lost all touch with reality.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

From the brother of Eoghan Murphy. They just keep on digging. Now that is a very ill advised article. Almost as bad as Maria Bailey going on SOR however I would say HQ or at least Eoghan Murphy was aware of this article being published.

Did the Irish Elite ever have a touch of normal people reality ?

They are now trying to clear one of their own who has been caught knickers down doing an Insurance Fraud :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Is he making a play (no pun intended) for a Seanad seat on the cultural panel? He sure as shi*e won't be cracking Hollywood with his fare. Colin specializes in making undercooked plays and TV about how shoite FF are (Haughey / Gregory - The Bailout - The Guarantee); fair enough, easy pickings, FF are indeed an insipid corrupt mess. Will he be picking up his quill any time soon to write an unflattering treatment of his brother and pals however?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Judge from Wanderly Wagon more like

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The problem with personal injury claims here is that the bar is set too high for employers and business owners.

Like it or not, Bailey had grounds to sue once she fell off the swing. Would she have won, I don't know. I have my doubts. By the way, you don't have to be guaranteed a win to put in a claim. I've seen people do the dumbest sh1t and still put in a claim even though they caused the accident. And unfortunately they still usually end up winning.

For those of you who are saying that Bailey should be done for fraud, while I agree with your sentiments, it's clear that you aren't familiar with PI claims and how easy it is to succeed with them. There's zero chance Bailey will be charged with fraud.

Just to echo Eagle Eye, I'm surprised the hotel gave their files to a third party. Unless Bailey gave permission, that is.

Eh no she hadn't grounds. She manufactured a situation where she was guaranteed to fall off the swing, little different to those who manufacture car crashes and then look for a payout.

If she received a payout, there was nothing to stop anyone claiming something similar with every swing in the country.

FG'ers are just making it worse the longer they try to defend her. If she and they had put their hands up at the start and admitted it was a bogus claim it would all be forgotten about by now. The more they try to defend her bogus claim the worse it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Edgware wrote:
    Judge from Wanderly Wagon more like
    It's been said by a district Court judge in open court recently I've been just informed.

It's been said by a district Court judge in open court recently I've been just informed.

So public knowledge?

Link please

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Eh no she hadn't grounds. She manufactured a situation where she was guaranteed to fall off the swing, little different to those who manufacture car crashes and then look for a payout.

If she received a payout, there was nothing to stop anyone claiming something similar with every swing in the country.

FG'ers are just making it worse the longer they try to defend her. If she and they had put their hands up at the start and admitted it was a bogus claim it would all be forgotten about by now. The more they try to defend her bogus claim the worse it gets.
    I think that partially caused the problem...

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I think that partially caused the problem...
    Perhaps thats why Fine Gael are afraid to "hold up their hands " up to having an Attempter of Insurance Fraud in their Ranks .

Now they are doing their best to clear the Attempter of Insurance Fraud .

What a Rotten Elite the Irish Elite are . They ain’t going to let one of their own go down .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Even if you take the most benign view, accept that she genuinely thinks someone should pay her because she fell of a swing or got legal advice that she should take a case against the hotel, it still leaves Leo showing that he is happy to have someone on his team that is too thick to know that you need to hold on when you are on a swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Being a complete gobsh1te and falling off a swing isn't the same as manufacturing a car crash to get a payout. They are not remotely similar. Are you trying to suggest she fell off the swing on purpose to get compensation? If that's what you are saying, then they would be similar but I don't think that's the case here.

Was Bailey the cause of her own misfortune? I suspect she was but I can't say for certain. But being the cause of your own misfortune often doesn't always result in having an unsuccessful personal injury claim. I've seen it in work here. A worker can do 99 things wrong that causes their accident but if the company does 1 thing wrong, more than likely the worker will win their case.

Did Bailey fall? Yes she did. So she is entitled to look for compensation the same as any other citizen. There is no law that says she can't look for compensation given those circumstances. There is absolutely no guarantee that she'd win though. Yes, there are fraud laws if someone is acting the boll1x, but it's my honest belief that this doesn't come close to reaching the threshold for fraud. Personally I think it's a scummy thing to claim for injury if she was the author of her own misfortune.

This is lost on a lot of people but there is no law that says people can't look for compensation even if they are the author of their own misfortune. That said, she's looking for handy money at the hotel's expense and I hope she has no luck for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

It's events like this that make me sit back shake my head and wonder if things will ever change on our little island.

At the end of the day FG talk a good game but that's all it is, talk.

Be it housing, health, rent, justice, insurance rates and fraud etc.. they are left wanting at every turn and tbh the media here have let them off the hook with soft ball questions and a real lack of follow up.

It's no longer good enough to be blaming FF for everything. FG have been in power since what 2011 and have failed to address these issues. Is it FF's fault that Bailey isn't out on her arse as an example of how seriously FG are taking insurance fraud? No it falls squarely at the feet of our incompetent leader who is incapable of anything if it doesn't involve spin.

Will Leo Push Bailey ?

Has Leo got a back bone ?

Did Leo ever do a days pushing in his life ?

Maria Bailey: We purchased a drink each at the bar which we didn't consume. We went up in the lift, we saw the swings, nobody was drunk

That word consume always bothered me. Like who talks like that? And why always the 'we' - how does she know her friend did not take a few sips?
    And would you really buy a full bottle of beer and then take a lift and then jump on a swing without taking one mouthful? Very doubtful.

blinding wrote: »
    Will Leo Push Bailey ?

Ah here, the poor girls not ready to get back on a swing yet, still facing nightmares at the thoughts of the fcuking things.

How much Longer are Fianna Fail going to Supervise Fine Gael on the Swing ?

Holding their hands is one thing but holding their hands on the swing is another thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

blinding wrote: »
    How much Longer are Fianna Fail going to Supervise Fine Gael on the Swing ?

Holding their hands is one thing but holding their hands on the swing is another thing !

No, the person on the swing needs to be holding the ropes. if they're holding somebody elses hand there will be another accident.

• Advertisement

No, the person on the swing needs to be holding the ropes. if they're holding somebody elses hand there will be another accident.

Who can hold the beer bottle and wine bottle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement