Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That has always been the problem of FG, people tolerate for only so long and hey ho back comes FF.
    My grandfather disliked FF but always said " at least FF would leave a few pennies in your pocket, FG would take your last penny and laugh at you".

Yeah that worked out well ten years ago.

Short memories.

And hey ho FG will come back in after people tolerate FF for so long.

Has always been that way your grandfather was hardly a beacon of genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

RustyNut wrote: »
    Who was doing his td work then?

The matter was comprehensively covered by the Irish media at the time, so, challenging though it undoubtedly is for many users, Google remains your friend.
    So leo was sponging off the state, taking a handsome salary and doing effall for it. Himself, Maria, Allen and all the other FG strokes are probably slapping each other on the back congratulating each other on their ability to get free money and feck who loses out. They make FF look like alter boys.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Why that's the boorish behaviour of a Yaley!
    What lie? :):)
    Leo completed his medical qualifications while a TD paid by the tax payer.
    You claimed I lied. You then changed tack and tried to dismiss it as old news. If you are just making claims to chance your arm, you're in the right thread ;)

In fairness, A TD can be out of a job within 30 days notice. Would it not be irresponsible of him not to have finished his training? The Taxpayer funded the rest of his training in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Has always been that way your grandfather was hardly a beacon of genius.

Don't get personal Wheelie, not a route that has a good outcome. Deal with my posts by all means but don't cast aspirations on my family particularly when you neither know me or them.

Don't get personal Wheelie, not a route that has a good outcome. Deal with my posts by all means but don't cast aspirations on my family particularly when you neither know me or them.

Ah would you stop FFS I meant was hardly a genius for suggesting FG get voted out and Ff get voted in.

It’s always been like that.

There is nothing personal about that.

• Advertisement

Ah would you stop FFS I meant was hardly a genius for suggesting FG get voted out and Ff get voted in.

He's been dead since '97. So he has no knowledge of the last 10 years . As I said leave out the personal comments would suit you better. Defend your party by all means, but have some respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

Next thing FG will let us know is that they plan to buy the glass bottle site and put 1000 pupil school on it at a cost of God knows maybe 40+ million.
    Ah sure we built the road stuff no longer wipes memory's.
    What was that review swingy thinghy little kerfuffle all about again?
    Nothing to remember here, move on.

He's been dead since '97. So he has no knowledge of the last 10 years . As I said leave out the personal comments would suit you better. Defend your party by all means, but have some respect.

You brought him into the conversation.

You’re constantly on boards personally abusing government members behind a keyboard.

You basically have threatened me.

I didn’t personally abuse anyone, if you took it that way that’s your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

In fairness, A TD can be out of a job within 30 days notice. Would it not be irresponsible of him not to have finished his training? The Taxpayer funded the rest of his training in college.

Finish your training and then become a TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That would be an ecumenical matter.
    The point is he was a sitting paid TD, while completing his medical qualification. Maybe we could discuss the costs of such a back up plan on the tax payers coin at another juncture...
    Well for him all the same. While the working poor get abuse from FG spivs on not bettering themselves. Be nice to have a (well paying) job that allows you go to college at the same time. Sure it's all swings and roundabouts ;)

• Advertisement

You brought him into the conversation.

Actually I quoted something he said.
    You’re constantly on boards personally abusing government members behind a keyboard.
    By all means report any abuse I'm guilty of.
    You basically have threatened me.
    Really, care to elaborate?
    I didn’t personally abuse anyone, if you took it that way that’s your problem.

You made reference to the intelligence of someone related to me whom you don't know. Says more about you.
    Anyway I'm done with this, you have shown yourself up but not worthy of me recieving a mod action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Just imagine all the real damage could do as a Show Pony Phoney Doctor !

Thank fook he is Taoiseach !

Medical Insurance would have gone through the roof if that clown was allowed to meddle in medicine !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The floor being the obvious answer.

Wrong, the obvious answer is bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/td-alan-farrell-claimed-880-worth-of-car-repairs-after-minor-collision-but-later-dropped-case-38183291.html
    The indo is pushing it now, Farrell must be cursing Maria now. Maria is spreading the muck far and wide. Its like a ****e bomb explosion everyone in FG is getting a little turd on them.
    The driver of the Hertz vehicle had been inching forward and panicked when a spider fell on to her arm.
    :D
    Humanity is doomed!
    I wonder if she would have panicked as much about the spider in front, if she had realised there was a snake behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Your comment hit a nerve with the FG shill. We'll done. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,397 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nice try
    Nice try at what? We've now found out about Exxon getting their drilling rights off the Kerry coast which slipped quietly through when this was big news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nice try at what? We've now found out about Exxon getting their drilling rights off the Kerry coast which slipped quietly through when this was big news.

At trying to shut down the story by claiming nobody is interested.
    We are complex beings. We can have a thread on that and others too. Trump is in Ireland, nearly missed it because I was thinking about Bailey....

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Your comment hit a nerve with the FG shill. We'll done. :-)

Haha you think I’m bothered by that?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From the above article

Just watched the clip of Alan Farrell on last nights Prime Time, he is fine with putting in a massive claim for whip lash but when confronted about it by the reporter he is completely silent. What a neck on him

https://twitter.com/tvcritics/status/1136035442803929088
    https://twitter.com/tvcritics/status/1136035442803929088

Lol, didn't see prime time last night, but this gave me quite a chortle.

This sleveen was preaching about insurance claims before his was exposed, spoke to offer support for Bailey publicly, but when his own soft BS claim got pointed out to him on S.M - the plonker hid behind veiled threats of defamation legislation.

Then the cat had well and truly got the hold of his tongue when cornered by reporters on camera, walked along trying to display the "couldn't give a fcuk walk" while inside probably petrified.

These gombeens have no skin on their faces, no shame at all, they will literally say and do anything to get voted into power, because that's all that matters to them, power...... And money,....... and the handier they can obtain it the better.

Fcuking Gougers party.

Not really surprising, but it is amazing to see how they prioritise their party over the good of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Suckit wrote: »
    Not really surprising, but it is amazing to see how they prioritise their party over the good of the country.

FF were just as bad or worse than FG ever were. I guess FG probably felt even more insulated over the last 8 years knowing that (a) there was no credible opposition and (b) FF were a toxic brand and unlikely to be wagging corruption fingers.

FG were clever enough to throw Labour under the bus at the last election by associating them with the wasteful superquango that is Irish Water

They're all as bad. But instead of looking back at FF, we really should be looking at getting the rot out of the government for the future. Starting with the ones we can see in front of us, and then wait for the others to surface.

At least Farrell was trying to look like he was doing something about it.. :rolleyes:
    http://www.northcountyleader.ie/2016/06/07/farrell-up-in-arms-over-rising-insurance-costs/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This Farrell chap actually had the neck to go to court with an Engineer who presented photos of damage to his car. When the other driver presented photos of no visible damage, the Engineer backtracked saying Farrell had told him some damage was from a later accident.
    The judge commenting that the Engineer was therefore showing photos of damage that was nothing to do with the case.

At that point the whole thing should have been thrown out.

As a car fan myself, I wouldn't have had issue with him.claiming for a full bumper repair if there was even a hint of a mark as that would be his entitlement and the figures submitted for that T 150 materials and 600 labour were probably acceptable for main dealer rates and for repair to a newish Audi. But his claim wasn't about that. It was a pure shakedown of the insurance company. Exaggerated damage, injuries, the whole lot. He makes me sick. He must have thought he hit the jackpot being bumped by a hire car as in a lot of cases, any claim won't be costing the driver and so they would be unlikely to challenge or even be in the country come court date.

Suckit wrote:
    At least Farrell was trying to look like he was doing something about it..

Was this before or after he had the serious 5 mph car crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,397 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

At trying to shut down the story by claiming nobody is interested. We are complex beings. We can have a thread on that and others too. Trump is in Ireland, nearly missed it because I was thinking about Bailey....
    I posted the question of why the media were being so nasty about it and social media so up in arms.
    The ordinary man on the street thought about it, maybe discussed it once and in many cases laughed about how crooked politicians are.
    Exxon getting drilling rights is a very big deal but nobody noticed it because the media were all over this rubbish. They'll drop it now and move on.

Was this before or after he had the serious 5 mph car crash?

7th June 2016
    Many locals will have noticed a sharp rise in their insurance costs, particularly for motor insurance and local TD, Alan Farrell (FG), has called for the Government to establish an investigation into the insurance industry.
    He is citing the increase in insurance costs, particularly in the motor industry, as warranting such an investigation.
    Indo
    The TD alleged he suffered neck and shoulder issues that affected him for up to 18 months following the accident in Drumcondra, Dublin, on April 9, 2015. The Public Accounts Committee member sued for €15,000.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Exxon getting drilling rights is a very big deal but nobody noticed it because the media were all over this rubbish. They'll drop it now and move on.
    Exxon was being mentioned since the start of May. Not sure why it was being kept so quiet, maybe there will be a bigger backlash now.

Green news mentioned it a lot, but they're probably considered not reliable or something else by a lot of people, so go ignored a lot.
    https://greennews.ie/new-oil-licence-slap-in-face/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

What exactly is the problem with this oil drilling licence?
    If you object to oil and gas, stop buying it. Full stop.
    Don't object to Irish produced fossil fuels, while guzzling foreign produced fossil fuels.

If there's an issue, its more to do with foreign companies coming in here, extracting our oil and gas, and then selling it back to us.
    The oil companies can thank Ray Burke for that sweetheart deal, but that's old news at this stage.
    Royalties were abolished and the State relinquished any stake in an eventual oil or gas find.

recedite wrote: »
    What exactly is the problem with this oil drilling licence?
    If you object to oil and gas, stop buying it. Full stop.
    Don't object to Irish produced fossil fuels, while guzzling foreign produced fossil fuels.

If there's an issue, its more to do with foreign companies coming in here, extracting our oil and gas, and then selling it back to us.
    The oil companies can thank Ray Burke for that sweetheart deal, but that's old news at this stage.
    Just another lame excuse to blame the gubberment on everything wrong in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

RustyNut wrote: »
    Finish your training and then become a TD.

Couldn't disagree with this more.

How come every Industry in the world acknowledges that constant training, learning and CPD is the only way to keep employees on-point and let them increase their value, but we for some reason should think that a h.dip from Drumcondra in the 90's makes a good public representative ?

The issue we have is that its a god-damned dog and pony show where we trot out our yes-men, baby kissers and hand shakers for a charisma contest instead of having candidates with a track record and experience in a relative department.

How much better would the country run if a party could get their finger out of their ar$e and actually come up with some candidates that genuinely have the talent and knowledge to form a cabinet that makes sense.......
    instead its the old good dog, throw him a bone, give him minister for environment approach :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement