Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Was he on unpaid leave on these days B.W.? Did he take a sabbatical from the Dail?
    All I'm saying is, he was a sitting taxpayer paid TD when he completed his qualification.
    You've pointed out no lie/lies. You are mistaking abuse for boredom. You roll in to any thread slights FG in any way and shovel the same 'unbiased' crapola.

You seem to be obsessed with anyone who criticises the government of the day. I mean I could see a random punter passing occasional comment but you seem like you've skin in the game to me B.W.

No skin in the game at all - just a taxpayer who prefers what the incumbents offer to any of the alternatives. Don’t paint them to be perfect - just prefer any comments, positive or negative, to be grounded in fact.

Your incapability to recognise that “going to college” was nothing but a lie shows exactly how much honesty you are capable of anyway.capable of SFA except personalised abuse (with your good buddy Johnny and the rest to back up the childish BS) as and when needed. Parnell Sq, alphabet soup and the rest must be in overdrive to deflect from all the lost seats last month.

Anyway - shouldn’t you be off making excuses to justify anti-semitism in another thread - or to justify antisemitism from people on the left at least - it’s somehow different when it’s your “side” :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Wouldn't it be gas if it turned out that Maria and Allen got their legal advice from Josepha and their medical advice from Leo in order to further their "claims"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Wouldn't it be gas if it turned out that Maria and Allen got their legal advice from Josepha and their medical advice from Leo in order to further their "claims"

Could you imagine? :)

I reckon other FG's were there at the swings. It might still come out. She never informed 'the party' mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Alan's case went to court so I would imagine who represented him should be a matter of public record, funny though unusual for a politician he was unwilling to chat on camera to Primetime. Maria and Joespha have gotten lockjaw it would seem.

Book2.jpg

Indeed

https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos

What’s the latest directive from the Parnell Sq basement. Keep deflecting from the election results?

At least you haven’t gone down the road of some of the more delusional diehards who are trying to claim that losing almost half their seats is actually a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blackwhite wrote: »
    Indeed

What’s the latest directive from the Parnell Sq basement. Keep deflecting from the election results?

At least you haven’t gone down the road of some of the more delusional diehards who are trying to claim that losing almost half their seats is actually a good thing

Deflecting is it? :)

Can you see yourself in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No skin in the game at all - just a taxpayer who prefers what the incumbents offer to any of the alternatives. Don’t paint them to be perfect - just prefer any comments, positive or negative, to be grounded in fact.

Your incapability to recognise that “going to college” was nothing but a lie shows exactly how much honesty you are capable of anyway.capable of SFA except personalised abuse (with your good buddy Johnny and the rest to back up the childish BS) as and when needed. Parnell Sq, alphabet soup and the rest must be in overdrive to deflect from all the lost seats last month.

Anyway - shouldn’t you be off making excuses to justify anti-semitism in another thread - or to justify antisemitism from people on the left at least - it’s somehow different when it’s your “side” :rolleyes:

Oh yay, I got a special mention **waves** /blushes.

Nothing would surprise me anymore, legal advice possibly (probably) given by minister, for an extremely questionable claim, horse shyte about being unable to run, not being supervised, and no signs (sniggers) by a feckin TD who is entrusted to legislate on potential life and death matters that concern every citizen in the state, irrespective of status or creed.

Defended by another TD from the same party, also caught up in his own dodgy claim kerfuffle.

Newspaper column pleading for the public to forget about it, and cut her some slack by the brother of minister Murphy (overseeing the housing shambles) cousins of Bailey.

Ridiculed by Harris, (overseeing health omnishambles) also a minister, and similary also a cousin of Bailey's.

It's like something from a hill billy movie/Simpson sketch featuring your man Cletus the slack jawed yokel, you couldn't actually make it up if you tried. :pac:

Deflecting is it? :)

Can you see yourself in that?

As I said before, incapable of anything but childish personal BS.

Tells anyone reading here exactly what sort you are

Defended by another TD from the same party, also caught up in his own dodgy claim kerfuffle.

Ah come on do you not realise how serious a 5 mph car crash is. The brave Alan is a testament to the remarkable strength of our species, that he only suffered an 18 month whiplash injury. A lesser mortal come have being killed.

Book2.jpg

Indeed

Why don't you start a thread on the shinners losing their arse, this thread is about Fine Gael members making very dodgy insurance claims.

• Advertisement

Ah come on do you not realise how serious a 5 mph car crash is. The brave Alan is a testament to the remarkable strength of our species, that he only suffered an 18 month whiplash injury. A lesser mortal come have being killed.

I’d say it’s fair to say his appearance last week scuppered any chances of re-election for Farrell. It was almost as bad as Baileys one with SOR

That said - he was re-elected despite the repeated shenanigans with trying to appoint his wife to positions - so there’s no accounting for what voters will do

I would say brass neck on him, except it seemed to be made from Belleek China.

That soft tissue craic is no laughing matter plumb, also very difficult for a doctor to disagree with (if you tell him that you're suffering from it) apparently.

Unless of course you're pictured doing something unbelievably stupid like up a ladder hanging posters.

Why don't you start a thread on the shinners losing their arse, this thread is about Fine Gael members making very dodgy insurance claims.

Funny. Some posters seemed to think it was about Leo Varadkar’s medical qualifications; and others thought it about oil licences.

Strange how it’s only certain stuff that draws your ire :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Indeed

Tbf that has been wound down,due to preceived toxcity of inteenet culture afaik

Even if it was going,theyd hardly bother on conservative/dying message boards like boards....prob stick to redddit or 9gag,where younger people use????

blackwhite wrote:
    That said - he was re-elected despite the repeated shenanigans with trying to appoint his wife to positions - so there’s no accounting for what voters will do

Appointing his wife or not has no visible tangible affect on people's pocket, whereas increased insurance premiums have. People will make a link between chancers and ever increasing costs. Unfortunately for Farrell and Bailey they meet the criteria of chancer in many people's minds now, doesn't do the FG party many favours either.

Funny. Some posters seemed to think it was about Leo Varadkar’s medical qualifications; and others thought it about oil licences.

What do you think of Allen and Maria's claims? How do you think Leo should deal with them.

That soft tissue craic is no laughing matter plumb, also very difficult for a doctor to disagree with (if you tell him that you're suffering from it) apparently.

I was involved in a serious car crash back in 2009. Rear ended by an idiot on a mobile, I was parked up with my hazards on. I spent 3 months in a neck brace, but I was back to work after a month. Incidentally I was in a van when I was hit, drive my van forward by 15 metres.
    Doctors will always err on the side of caution, I suppose they trust their patients integrity. ;-)

What's also strange, stranger even, is that I didn't mention either of those things, yet it's me you try and (actually I don't know what it is you were aiming for) rile with an SF link. :D

I have posted (many times) that I gave Catherine Murphy my vote, I might give Sinn Fein a preference too, (I even gave a local FG councillor the number 2 in the locals *shock horror*) and would consider myself Nationalist/Republcan, but a die hard Shinner, I am not.

Did someone post something earlier about childish goading btw?

Appointing his wife or not has no visible tangible affect on people's pocket, whereas increased insurance premiums have. People will make a link between chancers and ever increasing costs. Unfortunately for Farrell and Bailey they meet the criteria of chancer in many people's minds now, doesn't do the FG party many favours either.

Unfortunately voters have shown time and again that corruption (Lowry, Bertie, Burke, etc) or tax fraud (Wallace) don’t provide obstacles to being elected - so I’d be wary of putting that much faith in the electorate.

Bailey should struggle to get selected by the party for the next election - but more because of the SOR interview than for the actual claim. The difference in media comments from her party colleagues before and after the interview speak volumes to that. But if she gets nominated, I wouldn’t bet against her contending for a seat. She’d likely be up against two strong FF candidates though, and in a constituency that currently has 3 FG TDs they’ll struggle to keep 3 again.

What do you think of Allen and Maria's claims? How do you think Leo should deal with them.

Strangely enough - I’ve posted twice already about them. But not enough for some clearly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Unfortunately voters have shown time and again that corruption (Lowry, Bertie, Burke, etc) or tax fraud (Wallace) don’t provide obstacles to being elected - so I’d be wary of putting that much faith in the electorate.

Bailey should struggle to get selected by the party for the next election - but more because of the SOR interview than for the actual claim. The difference in media comments from her party colleagues before and after the interview speak volumes to that. But if she gets nominated, I wouldn’t bet against her contending for a seat. She’d likely be up against two strong FF candidates though, and in a constituency that currently has 3 FG TDs they’ll struggle to keep 3 again.

Deselected means shag all, it speaks volumes of Leo, his agenda, and the divide and conquer techniques he indulges in that he would run a campaign of how welfare cheats, cheat us all, then his govt pretend to stand behind small business owners in stamping out compo culture/excessive premium's if a TD(s) in his own party, and we can only assume, aided and advised by a minister are allowed to remain in their positions in a hope that it all blows over.

What's also strange, stranger even, is that I didn't mention either of those things, yet it's me you try and (actually I don't know what it is you were aiming for) rile with an SF link. :D

I have posted (many times) that I gave Catherine Murphy my vote, I might give Sinn Fein a preference too, (I even gave a local FG councillor the number 2 in the locals *shock horror*) and would consider myself Nationalist/Republcan, but a die hard Shinner, I am not.

Did someone post something earlier about childish goading btw?

Just responding in kind to your reposted image.

Your posting history - including what parties you’ll tie yourself in knots to avoid any serious criticism of - speaks to where your support lies TBH.

My voting preferences change with time. This time Cuffe got my 1 for Europe, Higgins 2, White 3 and Fitz 4.
    For the locals I voted 1 LAB, 2 FG and 3 SF - based on the voting/campaigning records on specific local issues.

If there was a general election tomorrow I’d see a toss up between FF (having worked with the likely FF candidate approx 10 years ago), the incumbent FG TD and the incumbent green TD - probably tactically weighted based on polls to try and get rid of one particular independent minister (despite him being good for local sports clubs).

Deselected means shag all, it speaks volumes of Leo, his agenda, and the divide and conquer techniques he indulges in that he would run a campaign of how welfare cheats, cheat us all, then his govt pretend to stand behind small business owners in stamping out compo culture/excessive premium's if a TD(s) in his own party, and we can only assume, aided and advised by a minister are allowed to remain in their positions in a hope that it all blows over.

I’d hope/expect to see her stripped of her committee chair.
    Beyond that, the most Leo could do would be remove the party whip - he can’t force her to resign her seat. Not sure I’d even expect the whip will be removed though - Irish parties seem to reserve that for voting against the party, not for any actual real life transgressions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is her political career after falling off a swing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I’d hope/expect to see her stripped of her committee chair.
    Beyond that, the most Leo could do would be remove the party whip - he can’t force her to resign her seat. Not sure I’d even expect the whip will be removed though - Irish parties seem to reserve that for voting against the party, not for any actual real life transgressions

Just stripped would be good enough for me. Cowarrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I’d say it’s fair to say his appearance last week scuppered any chances of re-election for Farrell. It was almost as bad as Baileys one with SOR

I don't think many were aware of his wifes appointment despite Fine Gael having refused her his seat on the council the week or so before.
    The thing I can't figure out about him is whether or not he genuinely doesn't give a flying f*ck if he never gets elected again, or if he is so arrogant that he thinks that he will no matter what.

I know three people that admit to voting for him in the past.
    One is an older lady that knows his family, and she has said she wouldn't again.
    The other two are FG and he was the only other in the running after James Reilly was out of favour last time. They have also said they wouldn't vote for him again - whether they do or not is another thing, but they would no longer admit it.

I personally believe that Alan Farrell was very lucky when he ran from council to present.
    I think he has lost a lot of votes for next election.

I'm not in his catchment area, but I will be writing to my FG candidates when the time comes, to let them know that I won't be voting for them if Farrell, Bailey and as this unravels, maybe others are still in their party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Even if he fires her, she has that sweet TD pension for the rest of her life.

Salt in the wound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So what has happened to this inquiry? any massive updates of the intensive work they are doing?

Even if he fires her, she has that sweet TD pension for the rest of her life.

Salt in the wound

She was three years elected, in Feb 16. So.....
    If TDs have served for longer than three years they are also entitled to up to 12 monthly payments based on their length of service (for a TD the maximum payment total over 12 months is €57,920). Only after these payments end do they receive their pension proper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So what has happened to this inquiry? any massive updates of the intensive work they are doing?

?s=fatherted&e=S02E03&i=S02E03-cUHIhQpM&t1=WHAT%20ABOUT%20YER%20ONE&t2=ON%20THE%20SWING?

5SN8aKenFV5X.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement