Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who is up to whether the report is released or not, is it solely up to Leo? Does his party have a say? Or will he bring in an outside source to advise him on how to proceed on this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The pr guy was just a mate who knows his way round rte..

I feel sorry for the PR guy, that interview must have ruined him, who's going to want to hire him after that fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why is she still a member of Fine Gael, what possible does she offer that if she was fooked out would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Lads this is over and done with now, Leo is not going to do anything and only let this ramble on and die a slow death and not hurt the party. The longer this runs on it will be forgotten and she is back to chairing the committee again and the voters of will put her top of the polls and Leo will reward her with a ministry post.
    As ad on the telly simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Lads this is over and done with now, Leo is not going to do anything and only let this ramble on and die a slow death and not hurt the party. The longer this runs on it will be forgotten and she is back to chairing the committee again and the voters of will put her top of the polls and Leo will reward her with a ministry post. As ad on the telly simples

Better send a memo to the Indo so, they seem to think there is further hay to be made from this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Imagine having to go door to door, during an election campaign, having openly admitted that you need to be supervised using a kids' toy.
    That's going to be a long few weeks for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shemale wrote: »
    Not very well or he would have grabbed her out of the interview

he was just a mate, he wasnt there to pr

bailys website is hilarious...to solve the housing crisis we need to build houses....not just throw money at it like the other parties want to do....

FG is just throwing money at it and is not building enough houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I notice she didn't choose her plumber friend to bring her along for emotional support. It just happened to be a PR guy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Better send a memo to the Indo so, they seem to think there is further hay to be made from this .

Leo has no spine to do anything about this and all he wants for this to die away and move on. I am not supporting her or FG in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I don't think some people on here realise how Dubliners vote.

Not a hope in hell this one will be re-elected.

If Leo had any sense he wouldn't even allow her run for election,

It'll be interesting to see how Mr. Whiplash Alan Farrell does too.

I feel sorry for the PR guy, that interview must have ruined him, who's going to want to hire him after that fiasco.

He was on pat Kenny as a panelist the following week and it was hilarious, he did say he was a family friend though and he got a call late evening to accompany bailey to rte so I doubt he had much influence. Pat gave him an awful slagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He was on pat Kenny as a panelist the following week and it was hilarious, he did say he was a family friend though and he got a call late evening to accompany bailey to rte so I doubt he had much influence. Pat gave him an awful slagging.

Who was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bailys website is hilarious...to solve the housing crisis we need to build houses....not just throw money at it like the other parties want to do....

FG is just throwing money at it and is not building enough houses?

They're not though. The whole crisis was caused by their sitting back when they should have been building, and selling off housing stock cheap to investment funds, coupled with it being in their own interests (many being landlords themselves) to let the prices go nuts.

Then when the noise level about the situation got too much, they waded in with blunt rental legislation which only really served to damage the market further, is widely ignored or ineffective anyway, and has only made things worse.

I've said it countless times over the years on this site, but anyone who thinks FG are somehow "better" or "more responsible" than their FF counterparts is deluded. If anything, they're even worse and the only reason we haven't seen more of it historically is because they're traditionally never elected on their own merits but rather as a protest vote when FF need a kicking.

Leo Vardakar's primary achievement will be to be an even worse Taoiseach than his immediate predecessors (yes I'd include Cowan in that who was completely out of his depth and thrown under the bus by Bertie really).
    Leo however has used the office solely for his own personal benefit and profile, but then that's all there is to the man - he stands for nothing, he does nothing, and it's all about his ego (writing to bloody Kylie and leveraging his role to get back stage access says it all really).

The main lesson here isn't for Maria, but for FG voters (or potential FG voters). Take a good look at what they've done in the past 8 years, the damage they've done to the core of our society and the mess they have left key services in. Then remember the seemingly never-ending series of scandals under Enda's watch, and the point that the current Government is directly the result of his obsession with becoming the only FG Taoiseach to get a second consecutive term - which he couldn't even achieve without FF support.

Then go vote for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Bar the last election obviously, FG have never got reelected after completing a full term in government. I think we know why now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Bar the last election obviously, FG have never got reelected after completing a full term in government. I think we know why now.

They didn't really get re-elected last time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

JeffKenna wrote: »

And even this time they needed to form a minority government

• Registered Users Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭facehugger99

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

You mean that wonderful party full up upright visionaries with sound economic and socially progressive policies that will solve all the ills of society within a couple of years of being elected.

Yeah, I can never understand why they are never voted into Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Who was it?

Paul Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭mikemac2

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I don't think some people on here realise how Dubliners vote.

Not a hope in hell this one will be re-elected.

Ah yet her father with the long Wikipedia page was consistently re-elected

Ivor Callely did much worse and became a junior minister. The list is long

You don’t see any posters here saying “ah typical crooked Dublin” but there are plenty who want to use this thread to drag in Kerry, Tipperary and other places when they have nothing even to do with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

You mean that wonderful party full up upright visionaries with sound economic and socially progressive policies that will solve all the ills of society within a couple of years of being elected.

Yeah, I can never understand why they are never voted into Government.

Anyone is worth a chance at this stage...FG have become a parody of themselves by now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can we vote to have something other than Democracy? :pac: (it doesn't even work mathematically).
    FF/FG really have it sewn up. Our best alternative is probably a 'rainbow coalition' of much of the other parties.

Hopefully, if Fingal and Dunlaoghaire-Rathdown do decide to vote the two of them back in, that the rest of the Country will have seen sense and not voted for any of the others, assuming Leo does exactly as is expected of him - nothing, and they both run in the next GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Would it be sinister to think FG might be postponing any further announcements surrounding the report, until the jury have decided on a fairly high profile court case due any day now?

If news on the report being handed to Leo breaks shortly after that high profile case, I'll remind you of this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Her mate, a PR guy, who didn't advise his mate not to make a balls of a national radio interview, what a mate.
    It's like a mate who's a mechanic who went with you to do an NCT but didn't check the lights or check the tyres.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

They're not though. The whole crisis was caused by their sitting back when they should have been building, and selling off housing stock cheap to investment funds, coupled with it being in their own interests (many being landlords themselves) to let the prices go nuts.

Then when the noise level about the situation got too much, they waded in with blunt rental legislation which only really served to damage the market further, is widely ignored or ineffective anyway, and has only made things worse.

I've said it countless times over the years on this site, but anyone who thinks FG are somehow "better" or "more responsible" than their FF counterparts is deluded. If anything, they're even worse and the only reason we haven't seen more of it historically is because they're traditionally never elected on their own merits but rather as a protest vote when FF need a kicking.

Leo Vardakar's primary achievement will be to be an even worse Taoiseach than his immediate predecessors (yes I'd include Cowan in that who was completely out of his depth and thrown under the bus by Bertie really).
    Leo however has used the office solely for his own personal benefit and profile, but then that's all there is to the man - he stands for nothing, he does nothing, and it's all about his ego (writing to bloody Kylie and leveraging his role to get back stage access says it all really).

The main lesson here isn't for Maria, but for FG voters (or potential FG voters). Take a good look at what they've done in the past 8 years, the damage they've done to the core of our society and the mess they have left key services in. Then remember the seemingly never-ending series of scandals under Enda's watch, and the point that the current Government is directly the result of his obsession with becoming the only FG Taoiseach to get a second consecutive term - which he couldn't even achieve without FF support.

Hilarious only this year are we running a balanced budget after 10 years and people think the government should have splurged money on everything.

The money wasn’t there, I wonder why, nothing to do with the debt we are still paying back.

FF will get back in promise everything, increase public sector spending for votes and everything else and introduce another new “temporary” tax(USC)

Then we will hit another recession people will vote FG back in moan they aren’t spending enough money and around we go.

People talk about overspend and somehow forget FF went double over the budget for the port tunnel.

Was to be 400 million and came in at 850 million.

But sure don’t we like to forget things and give them a second chance every time.

I’m sure they have learned their lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he is such a low calibre prime minister. Vapid, megalomaniacal, devoid of principle or conviction.

his sole concern is his own profile and career. a really depressing leader for our country.

The money wasn’t there, I wonder why, nothing to do with the debt we are still paying back.

Can you remember the cost of the F**K up that is Irish water, spent during a time of austerity. Money was no issue for FG's pet project.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Haven't FG overspent on every project that they have attempted?
    I thought I read that somewhere.
    Most cost Overrun Country in the World or something like that.

Not that it matters.

Suckit wrote:
    Haven't FG overspent on every project that they have attempted? I thought I read that somewhere. Most cost Overrun Country in the World or something like that.

I believe the Children's hospital was to cost circa 600 million, now under FG's watch the figure is close to 1.7 billion and climbing. I won't give the figures for broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Augme

Macdarack wrote: »

Her mate, a PR guy, who didn't advise his mate not to make a balls of a national radio interview, what a mate.
    It's like a mate who's a mechanic who went with you to do an NCT but didn't check the lights or check the tyres.......

Not quite the same. He can give her advice all he wants but once she is doing the interview there is nothing he can do if it starts good but goes badly wrong.

It's like getting your friends car all ready for the NCT and then he crashes it into a wall at the entrance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement