Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Or more likely an attempt to intimidate and deter whistleblowers.

Nice to have seen the Indo telling FG and their lacky to f**k off.

if you want this story to be maintained, keep clicking on those articles.

While using an adblocker, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nice to have seen the Indo telling FG and their lacky to f**k off.

And so publicly too, I'd love to be able to see what they're being told to do behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is it just my imagination or did Leo say almost two weeks ago that "he hadnt read the report yet"? Im pretty sure he said that which to me means that the report was ready and was just waiting to be read. Then we have radio silence on the report for almost two weeks and the next bit of news is that FG are now hunting the whistleblower.

This leads me to believe that the report was actually finished two weeks ago and then Leo read it and he didn't like that the report did not include a witch hunt for the whistleblower. So he sent the barrister back to work to conduct the witch hunt which the Indo have now revealed.

You would think that getting to the crux of fraudelent insurance claims would be Leo's priority but no, the whistleblower is his priority and they must be found and flushed out.

And so publicly too, I'd love to be able to see what they're being told to do behind closed doors.

The online hit squad are clutching at thin air, witness the psychobabble over in Current Affairs. "But they're the real nasties..." etc ad nauseam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The online hit squad are clutching at thin air, witness the psychobabble over in Current Affairs. "But they're the real nasties..." etc ad nauseam.

elsewhere it's an innocent, 'what other parties engage' pondering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Quite unbelievable that the person investigating the matter thought the Indo would reveal its source for the court case. Arrogance or stupidity hard to know which.

Ah In fairness they probably knew the answer they were going to get but it would be silly to not ask in case.

salmocab wrote:
    Ah In fairness they probably knew the answer they were going to get but it would be silly to not ask in case.

Are you actually serious? No journalist would reveal their source and only an arrogant idiot would ask and expect an answer.

What's this now:confused:

What's this now:confused:

FG operatives, with stealth shield malfunctioning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Are you actually serious? No journalist would reveal their source and only an arrogant idiot would ask and expect an answer.

No I understand that but if you are investigating something you have to ask the question, you’ll probably be told to do one by the journo (quite rightly) or you may gleam a little info from the answer or quite likely learn nothing. It would be foolish not to ask just in case someone let a little bit slip either by accident or possibly on purpose.

Sounds like the FG lad was desperate and chanced his arm. Looks like Leo and pals are more interested in finding the leak than saying or doing anything about Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ye wha?

Still on the front pages of today's Indo.

Brand new article:

FG hunt for source of swing story 'entirely inappropriate', says union

And it seems they've not only managed to piss off people being crucified with extortionate insurance premiums.

They've also pissed off the National Union of Journalists.

Leos auld spin unit would have come in handy in days like this.

Maybe I'm wrong but it did seem to disappear as a story for a number of weeks. The media here do have a habit of giving wall to wall coverage on scandals involving the establishment only to suddenly forget it ever happened when there's been no real resolution to the issue.

Sounds like the FG lad was desperate and chanced his arm. Looks like Leo and pals are more interested in finding the leak than saying or doing anything about Bailey.

Root out the leak, as opposed to root out the corruption?

Sounds very Martin Callinan like altogether....

It's like Maurice McCabes predicament never happened....... I'm sure I read something somewhere about Leo making positive soundbites ref McCabe, and how his exposing of malpractice should be commended.... Now he wants to root them out.......

The balls on Leo, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

salmocab wrote: »

It wouldn't have the intimidating, chilling affect on current or future whistle blowers if it wasn't asked.

Acosta wrote:
    Maybe I'm wrong but it did seem to disappear as a story for a number of weeks. The media here do have a habit of giving wall to wall coverage on scandals involving the establishment only to suddenly forget it ever happened when there's been no real resolution to the issue.

Indo has pretty much ran a story about this every week since it broke just before the local elections.

Hilarious that the Blueshirts have spent so many millions on spindoctors and social media plants on websites like Boards.ie and they can't kill this story.

Book2.jpg?w=771

And have a read of the comment underneath the photo from a Boards poster, best known in After Hours these days for his eh, odd, interest in scatology under his new nick: 'That’s me on the right. Just a young whipper at that stage, Banjo. Innocent times.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Hilarious that the Blueshirts have spent so many millions on spindoctors and social media plants on websites like Boards.ie and they can't kill this story.

Book2.jpg?w=771

And have a read of the comment underneath the photo from a Boards poster, best known in After Hours these days for his eh, odd, interest in scatology under his new nick: 'That’s me on the right. Just a young whipper at that stage, Banjo. Innocent times.'
    How can you not tell that Rumpy Pumpy lad is taking the piss? :confused::confused::confused:

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    How can you not tell that Rumpy Pumpy lad is taking the piss? :confused::confused::confused:

Either way the point is we have social media bots working, I'm sure others do too but FG confirm it.

Either way the point is we have social media bots working, I'm sure others do too but FG confirm it.
    During the Noonan campaign. Where were they "trolling," the IMDB forums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,958 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Next, they'll be complaining that their question asking about the leak was leaked...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why do you think the imdb forums were closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

Acosta wrote: »
    Ye wha?

Still on the front pages of today's Indo.

Brand new article:

FG hunt for source of swing story 'entirely inappropriate', says union

And it seems they've not only managed to piss off people being crucified with extortionate insurance premiums.

They've also pissed off the National Union of Journalists.

Leos auld spin unit would have come in handy in days like this.

The reason this story is going to stay relevant is the affect it has on everyone.

Businesses are closing because of insurance hikes, businesses that FG voters depend on and use, play centres for example, not to mention the voters that are losing their jobs.

Everyone will think of Bailey and Farrell when their motor or home insurance renual lands on the mat and now we, fg voters, see where vradkar's priorities lie. Hunting down the source of the story rather than dealing with the substance of it.

As an ex FG voter I will be reminding everyone I know about this whenever the next GE comes around and I don't think I will be on my own

Disgusting, as Callanan would say.

What are the IMDB forums? Pardon my ignorance. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

In the word of "Yes Minister", leak inquiries were just for setting up, and weren't actually expected to report, because most leaks were known to come from 10 Downing St...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Seems to be an issue with certain sections of boards posters - a complete inability to recognise when others are using sarcasm, hyperbole, humour, trolling etc. My own read of it is that comes about as a result of having no sense of humour, and being far less clever than they think they are.

Seems to be an issue with certain sections of boards posters - a complete inability to recognise when others are using sarcasm, hyperbole, humour, trolling etc. My own read of it is that comes about as a result of having no sense of humour, and being far less clever than they think they are.

Truly disgusting that people would possess minds of their own, and not fall in line with your narrow worldview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

They need to improve the quality of the bots as any time I've interacted with them I've come away more angry with FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Also shows the effect that it apparently had on the Indo. Seems to be a complete 180 in recent weeks. I'd actually rate them higher than the rest given the change.

Would make you wonder about the state of the rest of our media.

Fionnan Sheehan (aka "Beaker") has a chip on his shoulder against almost everyone in Irish public life. Currently, he's giving SF a rest and focusing his peashooter on FG!

But fear not, he'll get another bee in his bonnet soon enough!

• Advertisement

What are the IMDB forums? Pardon my ignorance. :o
    Internet forums for discussing films back in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement