Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Internet forums for discussing films back in the day.

That's what I got when I googled alright, but don't get the Noonan ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fionnan Sheehan (aka "Beaker") has a chip on his shoulder against almost everyone in Irish public life. Currently, he's giving SF a rest and focusing his peashooter on FG!

But fear not, he'll get another bee in his bonnet soon enough!

I cant ever remember Beaker really turning his peashooter on FF which I suspect is where his loyalties lie. He attacked SF relentlessly when they were a threat to FF and now that period seems over he is onto FG.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I cant ever remember Beaker really turning his peashooter on FF which I suspect is where his loyalties lie. He attacked SF relentlessly when they were a threat to FF and now that period seems over he is onto FG.

Isn't there some connection between FF and him?

Can't for the life of me remember what it is though.

Edit, I remember now, Averill Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Seems to be an issue with certain sections of boards posters - a complete inability to recognise when others are using sarcasm, hyperbole, humour, trolling etc. My own read of it is that comes about as a result of having no sense of humour, and being far less clever than they think they are.

Exactly, but some fall for it, and now we have one taking Rumpy Pumpy at his word, and turning it into FG confirming they have social media bots!!!
    Either way the point is we have social media bots working, I'm sure others do too but FG confirm it.

And he got plenty of thanks! It was bad enough that the original photo appears to date from a time before at least Twitter, if not many other social media platforms. I suspect the poster who put it up was just trying to get a rise from someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Fionnan Sheehan (aka "Beaker") has a chip on his shoulder against almost everyone in Irish public life. Currently, he's giving SF a rest and focusing his peashooter on FG!

Good lad, you blame the
    messenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Exactly, but some fall for it, and now we have one taking Rumpy Pumpy at his word, and turning it into FG confirming they have social media bots!!!

Spinning yarns again I see.
    I was referring to the photo posted. The hint was in the words I used, 'either way'. Once again you 'misread' a post to suit your agenda.
    There is a FG published photo of their social media bots 'in action'.
    And he got plenty of thanks! It was bad enough that the original photo appears to date from a time before at least Twitter, if not many other social media platforms. I suspect the poster who put it up was just trying to get a rise from someone.

Yeah everyone knows the public and the political parties lost interest in social media many many years ago :rolleyes:

Impartial commentator...You're codding nobody Blanch, which one is you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The reason this story is going to stay relevant is the affect it has on everyone.

Businesses are closing because of insurance hikes, businesses that FG voters depend on and use, play centres for example, not to mention the voters that are losing their jobs.

Everyone will think of Bailey and Farrell when their motor or home insurance renual lands on the mat and now we, fg voters, see where vradkar's priorities lie. Hunting down the source of the story rather than dealing with the substance of it.

As an ex FG voter I will be reminding everyone I know about this whenever the next GE comes around and I don't think I will be on my own

Disgusting, as Callanan would say.

"Distinguished" as Leo would say.

Maybe that's why Leo wants to find the person behind the leak so he can personally tell them he thinks they're distinguished.

Yeah, thats probably the reason.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Went to see Toy Story 4 with some children in tow. Afterwards went to McDonalds and a lady and her kid about 5ish were in front of us. They were just walking in and the kid slipped on water or something on the floor (he went on his ass fairly hard). He got up, more embarrassed than anything and the mother saw the manager standing there so she went over to him and said it.
    The first words out of the Managers mouth was "oh, so are you gonna put a claim in?".
    She just replied saying "no, I was more thinking about the safety of the child."
    I don't believe the manager would have been so flippant had it not been for this incident bringing the attention on to those type of cases, but I don't think the manager was right at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The cheek of him!:mad:

• Advertisement

We don't need rumpity pumpity to confirm something that was already common knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Muahahaha wrote: »

I cant ever remember Beaker really turning his peashooter on FF which I suspect is where his loyalties lie.

He attacked SF relentlessly when they were a threat to FF and now that period seems over he is onto FG.

Fair comment. And Mrs. Beaker's political pedigree certainly supports your suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Fair comment. And Mrs. Beaker's political pedigree certainly supports your suspicions.

But has he ever made a dodgy claim or exaggerated his injuries, like some Fine Gaelers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I see we have moved on to shooting the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

At least there is a consistency with him. I mean nobody believed Gerry Adams claim that he was never a provo but he has moved on now, so on to Leo's claims about "new politics " that nobody believes either.

Or maybe he has been hit by a huge increase in insurance costs like so many of us.

Either way and whatever his motives it's good to see the truth getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I wonder was this in reply to Fine Ghoul trying to intimidate the Indo..

From RTE Website today...

Compo Culture
    "...and what are the government going to do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I wonder was this in reply to Fine Ghoul trying to intimidate the Indo..

From RTE Website today...

Compo Culture
    "...and what are the government going to do about it?

So I take it from that video that the government's plan is to put the lawyers in charge of the system.

What could possibly go wrong.

RustyNut wrote: »

At least there is a consistency with him. I mean nobody believed Gerry Adams claim that he was never a provo but he has moved on now, so on to Leo's claims about "new politics " that nobody believes either.

I hadn't seen Leo's claim about "new politics" but I assume that he was talking about things like the legal termination of unwanted foetuses and the right of non-heterosexuals to get hitched, rather than about the prospect of stopping the long-standing Irish tradition of claiming compo wherever, whenever and however possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I hadn't seen Leo's claim about "new politics" but I assume that he was talking about things like the legal termination of unwanted foetuses and the right of non-heterosexuals to get hitched, rather than about the prospect of stopping the long-standing Irish tradition of claiming compo wherever, whenever and however possible.

Maybe it's his version of Enda's 'change the way we do business'?

If he gets a next term it'll be 'Do the thing, but do it different'.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's his version of Enda's 'change the way we do business'?

If he gets a next term it'll be 'Do the thing, but do it different'.

Given that the only possible alternative to Leo is Meehawl Martin, this country really is in a bad way when it comes to competent leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭golfball37

At this stage I would take MLM ahead of Leo as Taoiseach, that’s how vacuous he is. Surely to god the grassroots FG membership care more about standing for something than just being in power at all costs? I know many of them and none of them like him so I dunno how’s he’s in situ

golfball37 wrote: »
    At this stage I would take MLM ahead of Leo as Taoiseach, that’s how vacuous he is.

Be careful, you'll attract the FG diehards like flies to a manure pile.

At this stage I would take MLM ahead of Leo as Taoiseach, that’s how vacuous he is.

I would too, only I can't stomach seeing the likes of Willie O'Dee, Stephen Donnelly or Biffo junior as Cabinet Ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I would too, only I can't stomach seeing the likes of Willie O'Dee, Stephen Donnelly or Biffo junior as Cabinet Ministers.

Well said my friend !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'd take them over Eoghan Murphy and Simon Harris any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Be careful, you'll attract the FG diehards like flies to a manure pile.

Flies have more respect for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Kevin Doyle from the Indo who wrote this story is on with Ivan & Matt tonight to talk about been asked for his source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

At this stage I would take MLM ahead of Leo as Taoiseach, that’s how vacuous he is. Surely to god the grassroots FG membership care more about standing for something than just being in power at all costs? I know many of them and none of them like him so I dunno how’s he’s in situ

Varadkar didnt get a majority of votes in his party particularly among grassroots level afaik

(quite ironic for party which berated SF for a decade about being undemocratic in decideing its leader)

He isnt tradional FG....i know id much prefer coveny to him (personally believe coveny is one finest politians around among all the parties,2nd only to mick wallace)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭elperello

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Kevin Doyle from the Indo who wrote this story is on with Ivan & Matt tonight to talk about been asked for his source.

Comedy gold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement