Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Matt looking well tonight
    Stunning;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,451 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Given that the only possible alternative to Leo is Meehawl Martin, this country really is in a bad way when it comes to competent leadership.

He's only the only alternative because the majority of the electorate keep voting for FF and FG. Anyone who regards both men as 'incompetent' needs to be looking for someone else to vote for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If leo, simon and eoghan went back to school after their gap year in politics and bigger boys with ideas came in I'd be happy. Telling Bailey were to go might mean something.
    I've no time to waste on FF, any new blood knew what they signed up to so they're tainted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Given that the only possible alternative to Leo is Meehawl Martin, this country really is in a bad way when it comes to competent leadership.

I have been saying that for many years. We haven't had a visionary leader for a long time. I don't buy that Coveney is any better either. He often sounds very Enda-like i.e. coached what to say and not good at answering questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Adults need supervision now?

next time people start claim child maintenance from the companies making condoms, because they were not supervised when...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭This is it

Thread is huge... Where are we at with this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The whole debacle didn't get cut much slack by the panel on with Ivan Yates this evening.

Kevin Doyle came off extremely well I thought, your one Duffy appeared to distance herself from the report and Bailey's actions at times.

Your man Davin port (or whatever he was called) came out of it like a bufoon though, kept asking what bailey actually did wrong, and when answered by Yates exactly what she did wrong said something along the lines of "I know that was all wrong but what did she do wrong":confused:

What's his story anyone know much about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭elperello

elperello wrote: »

I thought he may have been a family friend of Bailey's tbh, he seemed to be shilling for her more than the actual fg representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Root out the leak, as opposed to root out the corruption?

Sounds very Martin Callinan like altogether....

It's like Maurice McCabes predicament never happened....... I'm sure I read something somewhere about Leo making positive soundbites ref McCabe, and how his exposing of malpractice should be commended.... Now he wants to root them out.......

The balls on Leo, eh?

Lads this is over and done with and bailey is in the clear, Leo has pulled another stroke by dragging this out and letting it die a slow death and he will be first to have the photo with her when she tops the polls for the blue shirt crew and will be rewarded with a ministry post.

• Advertisement

Lads this is over and done with and bailey is in the clear, Leo has pulled another stroke by dragging this out and letting it die a slow death and he will be first to have the photo with her when she tops the polls for the blue shirt crew and will be rewarded with a ministry post.

The other chuckle brother has landed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You're not the first to say this, then the Indo runs another story..... what's it now 5 weeks on and still rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm watching this thread mostly from the sidelines at the minute, and while it's unlikely anything else will happen to revive this story (but possible), I don't think this is over and done with.

I think a lot of people are still very angry over FG and their stinking arrogant/self righteous attitude over this, and with Bailey, Farrell and possibly Madigan still there, I think many people are just trying to figure out how to vote next election, because it won't be FG for most imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm watching this thread mostly from the sidelines at the minute, and while it's unlikely anything else will happen to revive this story (but possible), I don't think this is over and done with.

I think a lot of people are still very angry over FG and their stinking arrogant/self righteous attitude over this, and with Bailey, Farrell and possibly Madigan still there, I think many people are just trying to figure out how to vote next election, because it won't be FG for most imo.

The thing is, it won't be anyone else for most either.

It won't be Sinn Fein for most, as they will only get 10-12%. It won't be FF for most as they will get somewhere in the mid-20%s. It certainly won't be any of the other smaller parties for most.

None of the parties have wide popular support in the way that FF got 40% plus year after year.

The other chuckle brother has landed.

No, he's quite right.

Did you hear Varadkar being interviewed by Brendan O'connor on the Marian Finucane Show, the weekend before last?

He described Bailey as up-and-coming, one of the more promising backbenchers. She occupies a politically valuable seat in Dun Laoghaire, and she comes from a respected FG family (that is to say, respected within FG).

I'm not a FGer, and have never in my life voted FG, but barring some major scoop I reckon this is indeed all over, and Bailey's career path is on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I would too, only I can't stomach seeing the likes of Willie O'Dee, Stephen Donnelly or Biffo junior as Cabinet Ministers.

They will look like a better option than Bailey, Farrell, Harris or Murphy to a lot of people. It's the aragance on top of the incompetence, dishonesty and corruption that won't get overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

They will look like a better option than Bailey, Farrell, Harris or Murphy to a lot of people. It's the aragance on top of the incompetence, dishonesty and corruption that won't get overlooked.

Why are Harris and Murphy in with Bailey and Farrell.
    Bailey and Farrell lied in insurance claims.

Why is Harris in with Murphy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

blanch152 wrote: »
    The thing is, it won't be anyone else for most either.

It won't be Sinn Fein for most, as they will only get 10-12%. It won't be FF for most as they will get somewhere in the mid-20%s. It certainly won't be any of the other smaller parties for most.

None of the parties have wide popular support in the way that FF got 40% plus year after year.

The biggest problem fg have is they have alienated virtually all potential coalition parthners though??

Theres a feeling amoung any members i know that varadkar isnt a deal maker,so despite in all probability of being largest party in dail next time,they wont have numbers to form.a government

No, he's quite right.

Did you hear Varadkar being interviewed by Brendan O'connor on the Marian Finucane Show, the weekend before last?

He described Bailey as up-and-coming, one of the more promising backbenchers. She occupies a politically valuable seat in Dun Laoghaire, and she comes from a respected FG family (that is to say, respected within FG).

I'm not a FGer, and have never in my life voted FG, but barring some major scoop I reckon this is indeed all over, and Bailey's career path is on track.

Some people didn't come down in the last shower. The ballot box has a tendency to rebuke arrogance and disdain.

Why are Harris and Murphy in with Bailey and Farrell.
    Bailey and Farrell lied in insurance claims.

Why is Harris in with Murphy?

Their performance or should I say complet lack of ability and their refusal to show up in the Dáil to explain themselves despite promises from Leo that they would.

• Advertisement

Na, it's far from over.

The Indo keeping up the pressure.

Pressure mounting on Fine Gael to drop its probe into Bailey 'leak'

It's little lines like this that will really niggle Leo, and his "rat out Gougers" image.
    "The Taoiseach has failed to address the matter immediately, which clearly shows his acceptance of this behaviour."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

God help us if she's considered 'up and coming'

lawred2 wrote: »
    God help us if she's considered 'up and coming'

Well Leo himself said she is one of his better TD's, so she is above average meaning that at least half of Leo's team are worse than her. It explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Leo may want to wish this away, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet and has the added bonus of exposing him and his crew for exactly what they are - dishonest, self-centered, arrogant and thinking themselves above such trivialities as the views of the electorate.

As I've said before, personally I find it both simultaneously bemusing and a relief that people are finally starting to wake up to what FG represent. Any notion that they are the "better", "more responsible" or "trustworthy" party should surely be put to bed at this stage. They've always been like this folks - we just don't see it as much because they're only ever voted in as a protest vote when FF need a kicking.

The really sad thing is that they had a once in a generation chance to change all this behaviour back in 2011 and would have been applauded for it despite the hardships were it not for Enda's "new politics - same as the old politics" and ego. Too concerned with setting "records" for himself, not enough with the welfare of the country.

One other point I'll reiterate is that Coveney is no hero we need either. Known to hang out with the Bilderberg crowd and an apparent fan of Peter Sutherland's views, I reckon he'd be far more dangerous than Enda and Leo if given a chance at the top job.

FF will be back in charge next time out (officially this time!) , and FG will only have themselves to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

The Irish people could have signalled a desire for new politics by getting rid of the seanad.
    We CHOSE business as usual , we chose corruption.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The really sad thing is that they had a once in a generation chance to change all this behaviour back in 2011 and would have been applauded for it despite the hardships were it not for Enda's "new politics - same as the old politics" and ego. Too concerned with setting "records" for himself, not enough with the welfare of the country.

One other point I'll reiterate is that Coveney is no hero we need either. Known to hang out with the Bilderberg crowd and an apparent fan of Peter Sutherland's views, I reckon he'd be far more dangerous than Enda and Leo if given a chance at the top job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭golfball37

The Irish people could have signalled a desire for new politics by getting rid of the seanad.

It would have helped if the man who suggested it, ie the Taoiseach had campaigned for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I sincerely hope the Indo don’t let this story drop, it screams of arrogance and deceit that the enquiry is focused on how the story was leaked rather than the downright lies told by Bailey in her claim/affidavit.

Hopefully the electorate will not forget this either. I’d love to see Leo punished, he’s totally incompetent and the biggest mé feiner I have come across. It would be fitting if him and Bailey both lost their seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The Irish people could have signalled a desire for new politics by getting rid of the seanad. We CHOSE business as usual , we chose corruption.

The above is pathetic and hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Rubbish. Reform is not the same as abolish. I'm sure Enda and Co would have loved if we'd chosen to dismantle the little bit of oversight there is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

One of the main reasons the Seanad stayed was because all of the polticians kept telling us to get rid of it. Never a good sign because you know if they want it then it is not any good for the country.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement