Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

JeffKenna wrote: »
    The insignificant subset are those FG voters who like myself have voted FG all their lives and more than likely their family before them. While Leo has been running around chasing the left vote he's completely alienated the core FG vote. Good luck staying in power.

Who are you going to vote for now?
    FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The vast majority of "the electorate" are about as interested in this shabby little storm in a teacup as I am in who wins the women's world cup.

So I'm referring to the insignificant subset of the electorate who are venting their spleen on this thread, aka "the mob".

Incidentally your incessant need to categorise posters into either FG or non-FG is childish, tiresome and simplistic. Would you mind asking a grown up to change the record for you, as it is pretty clear that you are wholly incapable of doing it yourself.

All I see is people commenting on it and the only raised blood pressure from those trying to desperately distract from it. Funny actions for people who think it's a non story.
    I think any story that shows up a politician or a party as hypocritical arrogant chancers is of interest to everyone, except the party in question.
    Well TBF I'd have suspicions about any person being so obsessed with killing the story that keeps on swinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

FF

Disgraceful. You and your entire family should be excommunicated from the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

FF

Athnionn ciarog ciarog eile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If boards ran Ireland David Norris would be president and Sinn Fein would be in power. Boards never was the electorate, not even close

Peter and Mary Taxpayer didn't like this story. Might have been the subject of a conversation over dinner a few weeks back. Cost FG votes no doubt, but still managed to gain a seat in the EU elections, and become the first party in a generation to increase their local representation while being in power. There's a 35%-40% of the population who think FG are doing a 'grand job'. Leo should have went to the country last November, but FF aren't exactly gunning for an election pre-Brexit. Realpolitik as the Germans say.

The increasingly hysteric stuff about withheld reports; some grand conspiracy involving half of the FG front bench, and the sudden lack of O'Brien money is the workings of an imaginative mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Peter and Mary Taxpayer didn't like this story. Might have been the subject of a conversation over dinner a few weeks back. Cost FG votes no doubt, but still managed to gain a seat in the EU elections, and become the first party in a generation to increase their local representation while being in power. There's a 35%-40% of the population who think FG are doing a 'grand job'. Leo should have went to the country last November, but FF aren't exactly gunning for an election pre-Brexit. Realpolitik as the Germans say.

The increasingly hysteric stuff about withheld reports; some grand conspiracy involving half of the FG front bench, and the sudden lack of O'Brien money is the workings of an imaginative mind.

Another chap at pains to tell us to give up the ghost. Surely it would die of it's own volition if left lads?
    The main issue here would be loss of any floating voters, you know, the swing vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    If boards ran Ireland David Norris would be president and Sinn Fein would be in power. Boards never was the electorate, not even close

Funny, that boards polls ref the presidential campaign, gay marriage and divorce/abortion referendums pretty much mirrored the outcome of those elections to within a few percent.

Maybe you could point towards boards polls where any kind of majority indicated their desire for an outcome of either or from above?

Anyway.....

I see Flash, Losty and Spiceland have all shown up and posted in succession of one another telling us that it's all a big do about nothing, and people should have better things to concern them. Reminiscent of the three headless horsemen, unsure if they're secretly three pubescent teenage kids (the scat infatuations give me that haunch) or just redundant employees of the spin unit FF made leo dismantle.

The thing is, I think there's a thousand different things to do that's more constructive than literally post hundreds of witty banter style posts about doing jobbies in the jacks, but at the same time - don't feel the need to post in scat related threads and tell the lads in there that poo jokes stopped being funny soon after being legal age to do the lottery.

Maybe if they keep saying people stopped taking any interest in this case the Indo will stop publishing articles about it, it will stop trending on Twitter and Yates will stop having panels debating it a full five weeks after it first broke.

Perhaps the 3 amigos are right, everyone else is wrong, who knows.?

And if any of the above happen, maybe FG can salvage some of the credibility they lost as a party who want to stamp out insurance fraud.

In the meantime.

There's a big beige Jobby about to fly out of my bottom like a flock of baby swallows.

Disgraceful. You and your entire family should be excommunicated from the party.

It's a political party, not the Catholic church Losty, calm down.

Another chap at pains to tell us to give up the ghost. Surely it would die of it's own volition if left lads?
    The main issue here would be loss of any floating voters, you know, the swing vote :)

It is dead Matthew. Its only if interest to cranks and professional hobby horse riders.

This isn't a sort of Maurice McCabe moment. There's not some grand conspiracy that's going to be poured over in a tribunal.

It's a political party, not the Catholic church Losty, calm down.

It was a joke Jonathan. I know humour is a topic that you struggle with.

• Advertisement

**Whoosh**

I see you have a black belt in sarcasm detection.

Irony level? Grand Master no less.

Funny, that boards polls ref the presidential campaign, gay marriage and divorce/abortion referendums pretty much mirrored the outcome of those elections to within a few percent.

Maybe you could point towards boards polls where any kind of majority indicated their desire for an outcome of either or from above?

Anyway.....

I see Flash, Losty and Spiceland have all shown up and posted in succession of one another telling us that it's all a big do about nothing, and people should have better things to concern them. Reminiscent of the three headless horsemen, unsure if they're secretly three pubescent teenage kids (the scat infatuations give me that haunch) or just redundant employees of the spin unit FF made leo dismantle.

The thing is, I think there's a thousand different things to do that's more constructive than literally post hundreds of witty banter style posts about doing jobbies in the jacks, but at the same time - don't feel the need to post in scat related threads and tell the lads in there that poo jokes stopped being funny soon after being legal age to do the lottery.

Maybe if they keep saying people stopped taking any interest in this case the Indo will stop publishing articles about it, it will stop trending on Twitter and Yates will stop having panels debating it a full five weeks after it first broke.

Perhaps the 3 amigos are right, everyone else is wrong, who knows.?

And if any of the above happen, maybe FG can salvage some of the credibility they lost as a party who want to stamp out insurance fraud.

In the meantime.

There's a big beige Jobby about to fly out of my bottom like a flock of baby swallows.

Brevity, dude.

What is the point you are trying to make? Rather than waste time on this sort of gibberish, just spell out what you really want to say,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Brevity, dude.

What is the point you are trying to make? Rather than waste time on this sort of gibberish, just spell out what you really want to say,

I think he is saying he is having a tom kite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

The insignificant subset are those FG voters who like myself have voted FG all their lives and more than likely their family before them. While Leo has been running around chasing the left vote he's completely alienated the core FG vote. Good luck staying in power.

I'm not in power. Furthermore, I don't wish to be. But I'm probably still going to end up giving a FG candidate my no.1 simply because the alternatives are so awful in my rural constituency. Unless of course the two wise virgins can find a decent candidate to run for the Soc Dems down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It is dead Matthew. Its only if interest to cranks and professional hobby horse riders.

This isn't a sort of Maurice McCabe moment. There's not some grand conspiracy that's going to be poured over in a tribunal.

You're fooling no-one Paddy. No-one is buying the spin, the deflection, the obvious baiting anymore.

But by all means, continue..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'm not in power. Furthermore, I don't wish to be. But I'm probably still going to end up giving a FG candidate my no.1 simply because the alternatives are so awful in my rural constituency. Unless of course the two wise virgins can find a decent candidate to run for the Soc Dems down here.
    Without seeing the ballot paper I find it hard to see how you've decided that the FG candidate will be the best of a bad bunch?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You're fooling no-one Paddy. No-one is buying the spin, the deflection, the obvious baiting anymore.

But by all means, continue..

Pardon? Have posters here got an issue with saying what they mean? Why speak in riddles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Literally anyone is better than FG at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Literally anyone is better than FG at this stage.

Hang on there a minute bud. Sinn Fein and a coalition of fcukheads like Claire Daly and Paul Murphy.

Sweet jeezus, I need therapy after thinking of them in Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Hang on there a minute bud. Sinn Fein and a coalition of fcukheads like Claire Daly and Paul Murphy.

Sweet jeezus, I need therapy after thinking of them in Government.

Yes even them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭mrpdap

No, he's quite right.

I reckon this is indeed all over, and Bailey's career path is on track.

Only if people vote for her. That comes down to choices, who else is standing as much as Bailey’s own ‘electability’
    She’ll probably get in if she stands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

SCU flat out muddying the waters this evening it seems at FG HQ. Last few pages are a sight to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

mrpdap wrote: »
    Only if people vote for her. That comes down to choices, who else is standing as much as Bailey’s own ‘electability’
    She’ll probably get in if she stands

Bailey will lose her seat as soon as day follows night.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭mrpdap

Bailey will lose her seat as soon as day follows night.

Hopefully

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    SCU flat out muddying the waters this evening it seems at FG HQ. Last few pages are a sight to behold.

What's SCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I don't think I've seen such an obvious attack on a thread.the moderators could do with stepping in.

What's SCU?

It’s the Strategic Communications Unit here in FG HQ, Paddy. It’s an important unit where we reply to gombeens on places like boards and the journal. Cliona is working the night shift on twitter and Facebook. Got a nespresso machine during the week so things are looking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

It’s the Strategic Communications Unit here in FG HQ, Paddy. It’s an important unit where we reply to gombeens on places like boards and the journal. Cliona is working the night shift on twitter and Facebook. Got a nespresso machine during the week so things are looking up.

Tbf its unlikely.anyone who wamts a message to reach a wide audiemce would use a very conservative leaning dying message board??

Reddit is where its at id imagine

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf its unlikely.anyone who wamts a message to reach a wide audiemce would use a very conservative leaning dying message board??

Reddit is where its at id imagine

We’ve identified Johnny Dogs as a real ‘mover and shaker’ amongst the Irish message board community. 7 to 11 sort. His input is the type of ‘smoking gun’ we simply can’t deal with.

• Advertisement

I don't anyone really believes you're a hired shill by FG, settle petal.

Yeah, fair enough they might have people within their ranks, absolutely dumb enough to basically admit insurance fraud, live on air.

But surely even they'd stop short at letting someone who claimed repeatedly to have committed electoral fraud to their benefit post "on their behalf" - and for anyone anywhere to give that same "paid shill" an ounce of creedance on the same site whatsoever.

Na "dude", just a stale act is all I'll chalk it down to. Get some rest son, tomorrow's another day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement