Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Leo is a disaster, last time they voted in Enda.

Leo hasn’t faced a proper vote bar the local elections and got his ass kicked in those

He has the look of a man who knows the gig is up and FG are just using him as the scape goat, hush up the report Leo because if you don’t it won’t just bring you down it will bring the whole thing down

Children hospital -disaster
    Broadband - disaster, Eir coming out and saying they can do for 1 billion after he gave them back hand earlier in negotiations is another knife in back
    Insurance - disaster, his RTÉ film by prime time is seen as just waffle....he has long enough now to fix it

At this stage he just looks like an incompetent fool, even the Healy-Raes look better than him, and they are criminals at this stage if they ever reviewed the carry on with those two

And dont mention Irish Water !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This arrogant Fine Gael TD got a superb job in Europe despite his ineptness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Lads, I need your advice.

I just ate a grape and I hurt my tooth/mouth/jaw. Shockingly it wasn't a seedless grape and it wasn't supervised. Humanity was crossed.

Do I have a 'clear cut case'? How should I proceed? Could I have whiplash?

Was it sour? If it was sour you have it in the bag… :pac:

I’ve skipped about 6 days of posts cos I was playing werewolf.

Any sign of the report?

A belligerent cretin. Bailey is of similar ilk, entirely lacking in self-awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Any sign of the report?

It's not for plebs like you and me to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any sign of the report?

The report has evolved into a report about who blabbed about the skulduggery and deceit from Bailey and what role their legal team played in the whole thing, rather than it being a report on the substance of the dodgy claim, and the blatant lies on air.

Further, Leo said he probably won't be telling the plebs about the report anyway, he'll need to read it first.

Obviously, if he reads it and Bailey (and Madigan) it completely and utterly exonerates her, but Leo would for some reason (best kept to himself) would still prefer the plebs to be kept in the dark, and assume God knows what.

FG, the party of insurance chancers.

I can’t wait to see the plummet come election time.

I’m seriously considering voting Sinn Fein. I mean, the other two parties are or have fooked up when it comes to the country’s finances so why not give Sinn Fein a chance? They might surprise us or be the same as those that went before them.

I’d still love a NONE OF THE ABOVE option on the ballot paper.

Any sign of the report?

Not yet… but it will be leaked.

Then they’ll have to investigate who leaked the report on who leaked the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mad muffin wrote: »
    Then they’ll have to investigate who leaked the report on who leaked the report.

It was the Swing wot leaked it... the truth will out!

We'll get as much sense from an inanimate object as Leo on this one.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hope this thread can stay alive here. Im very much looking forward to the report on whether Bailey was severely wronged by the media, the people, the hotel, the swing and her friends.

It sure as hell is not going to conclude that she was in any way in the wrong for bringing such a case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

To get a superb job in Europe, you just need to tow the line and have a brass neck. Competence, achievements and proven delivery are not prerequisites as they would be in highly functioning and successful organisations.

Politics is a place where incompetence and bluffing is rewarded. Most highly successful business people would wipe the floor of our politicians.

mad muffin wrote: »

Be some crack if it was leaked tonight. That would ruin verukas pride weekend. :)

Be some crack if it was leaked tonight. That would ruin verukas pride weekend. :)

Fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

odyssey06 wrote: »

Exactly. FG used to stand for something. A sense of integrity and responsibility. No idea what their core principles are now.

Perhaps I can explain that to you?

After spending literally decades trying unsuccessfully to be elected to government on a platform of integrity and responsibility, the Fine Gael Brains Trust has recently come to the conclusion that there simply aren't enough voters in Ireland who admire such standards; hence it will never be elected to government.

Consequently, the FG Party has decided to join the other parties in the unprincipled populism political marketplace and has passed on its "integrity and responsibility" platform to the two wise virgins.

After a while, I suspect that the Soc Dems too will realise that only a minority of the Irish electorate is interested in voting for a party that offers such qualities, so it will, in turn, pass the "integrity & responsibility" platform on to another ambitious squeaky clean party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

After spending literally decades trying unsuccessfully to be elected to government on a platform of integrity and responsibility, the Fine Gael Brains Trust has recently come to the conclusion that there simply aren't enough voters in Ireland who admire such standards; hence it will never be elected to government.

Consequently, the FG Party has decided to join the other parties in the unprincipled populism political marketplace and has passed on its "integrity and responsibility" platform to the two wise virgins.

After a while, I suspect that the Soc Dems too will realise that only a minority of the Irish electorate is interested in voting for a party that offers such qualities, so it will, in turn, pass the "integrity & responsibility" platform on to another ambitious squeaky clean party.

Sorry for the short reply, but your post is comedy gold. 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Exactly. FG used to stand for something. A sense of integrity and responsibility.
    No idea what their core principles are now.

They were always arrogant and condescending. As to whether they were ever the law and order party is up for debate. After siding with FF under the guise of 'stability' it seems they're not much on principles unless it's an earner for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So will we have to wait 30 years now for the report to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

It's everyone's fault except Fine Gael 's? Seems legit:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yes, I don't believe that she only wanted medical expenses. But I'd stop a wee bit short of calling it an outright lie though because I don't know exactly what she was claiming for in court.

She can at least claim that she wasn't able to run for three weeks after the accident so there's no proof of a lie there.

Look, we suspect she was lying, but saying something that is inaccurate isn't necessarily lying. She could have been mistaken. Do I think she was mistaken, no, I don't think that. But I can't say with 100% certainty that she was lying.

So she ran 10K within three weeks of this accident without any prior training runs? Yeah, right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/the-gentleman-farmer-revolutionising-dublin-s-pub-scene-1.3938335

Article on one half of the press up group. The gentleman farmer dosnt mince his words when talking about the FG lady. Talking about compo he says

“Maria Bailey definitely isn’t the only person in this category. We deal with this in multiple versions on a monthly basis.”

He adds

“The swings are enjoyed and photographed by so many people who visit the hotel and we’re not going to remove them from the fray because the likes of Maria Bailey are intent on doing what she did.

“If that was the case, you’d be removing the door off the toilet for the lady who might cut her finger. This is the way it is in Ireland. We’ve got a very heavy claims culture. Maria Bailey is just a drop in the ocean for what goes on out there."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

nuac wrote: »
    So she ran 10K within three weeks of this accident without any prior training runs? Yeah, right

Yep, it's highly unlikely, but possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Didn't she run during her alleged recuperation period?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/the-gentleman-farmer-revolutionising-dublin-s-pub-scene-1.3938335

Article on one half of the press up group. The gentleman farmer dosnt mince his words when talking about the FG lady. Talking about compo he says

Maria Bailey definitely isn’t the only person in this category. We deal with this in multiple versions on a monthly basis.”

He adds

“The swings are enjoyed and photographed by so many people who visit the hotel and we’re not going to remove them from the fray because the likes of Maria Bailey are intent on doing what she did.

“If that was the case, you’d be removing the door off the toilet for the lady who might cut her finger. This is the way it is in Ireland. We’ve got a very heavy claims culture. Maria Bailey is just a drop in the ocean for what goes on out there."

Heh.. love the constant reminder of who we're talking about here ... or maybe it's just his version of "Sean...SEAN!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Sorry for the short reply, but your post is comedy gold. ��

I know. I suspect that Dean Swift would have been proud to have composed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Yep, it's highly unlikely, but possible.

Come on, no it isn't. Not in any realistic meaningful way. Your reluctance to call a spade a spade at times is baffling. she ran a time extremely close to her personal best and previous time. She seemed to have 'good recollection' of the that time period on SOR, so saying she made a mistake re: not being able to run for 3 months, is also simply not plausible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

League of your own dude, even the Dean couldn't come up with a fairytale as outlandish as that gem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry for the short reply, but your post is comedy gold. ��

There's a bit of a bang of the auld Lucretia off it lol.

It was Jonathan !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

It was Jonathan !!

Actually and I quote "Jonathan Swift was an Anglo-Irish satirist, essayist, political pamphleteer, poet and cleric who became Dean of St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement