Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I had an open mind about FG in 2011. My mind was closed on them within about 3 years and they have done a lot of wrong since then. I mean come on, look how Maurice McCabe was treated. They don't give a **** and have contempt for the electorate.

Can see Soc Dems being the party that finally knocks FF/FG of their perch eventually.

The fact that the economy is doing well might preclude a Left Wing party anywhere near Government at the moment. But as you say, maybe in the future. The parties of the Left thrive when things are bad, but when times are ok, the status quo might prevail for now...

FG have done themselves no favours, I agree, but the reality is (apart from working people not being able to rent or buy when anyone who sits on their backside can get a property in say Dublin), things are jogging along. For now.

Tax rises to fund any sit on your arse types will not be tolerated much I'm guessing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Well I would not implicate him without proof, and you haven't either, you have just hinted at it.

Tbf the proof was doing rounds on political groups on discord

But noone will put neck on line and post the screenshots and risk being sued over GDPR.....some journalist is going to pick it up and flesh out with researched info and have backing of paper behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf the proof was doing rounds on political groups on discord

But noone will put neck on line and post the screenshots and risk being sued over GDPR.....some journalist is going to pick it up and flesh out with researched info and have backing of paper behind them

OK, and everyone agrees that there is something rotten about the NCH at James', will take a brave person to expose it though. And it seems to have gone off the radar at the moment also apart from a few mutterings here and there.

I suppose (with a sigh) there may be another Tribunal eventually about it.

Often wonder why the Fiscal Advisory Council don't rein this kind of overspend in at the start. But they are just advisory, and mostly ignored I suppose.

Oh and there is absolutely ZERO Investigative journalism at the moment and for a few years back too. Fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Oh and there is absolutely ZERO Investigative journalism at the moment and for a few years back too. Fear.

All too interested in the Kardashians and Instagram it would seem. The investigative journalist in Ireland seems to be long dead.
    They'll write about the Kinahans and the Hutches and expose the belly of the murky underworld, but all seem to crap their pants writing about the goings on of Leinster House and those that frequent it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Ownership and control of the Irish media is now in the hands of a very select few, who control exactly what news, half facts, and permitted opinions masquerading as news are reported.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Suckit wrote: »
    All too interested in the Kardashians and Instagram it would seem. The investigative journalist in Ireland seems to be long dead.
    They'll write about the Kinahans and the Hutches and expose the belly of the murky underworld, but all seem to crap their pants writing about the goings on of Leinster House and those that frequent it.
    Time to break the Doherty wan out of the asylum?

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Time to break the Doherty wan out of the asylum?

not surprised you been brainwashed to think that's what investigative journalism is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Nobelium wrote: »
    not surprised you been brainwashed to think that's what investigative journalism is.
    Whoosh!!

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Whoosh!!

yep that's the sound over your head, do you know what it meant ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I really miss Vinny Browne these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

nuac wrote: »
    imho Coveney would have been a much better choice for FG than Varadaker.
    He has some polltical cop-on, worked at his job and was not all about image.

He would not have allowed Baileygate to fester

Coveney was the minister for housing made a claim about ending homelessness and then bailed out, personally I think he is a spoofer and looks down on the rest of us as blessed to have him willing to 'serve' in government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've just noticed that Leo (or whoever mans his twitter account) has finally changed it to "LeoVaradkar" as opposed to the previous "campaignforleo" - something I've called out here numerous times over the last few years as being the perfect example of what the man is all about.. Himself!

I surely couldn't be responsible for such a move, but just in case - hi Leo/interns! :p

His twitter is so lame. In the true sense. Videos of him talking about this plan and that plan and opening places and visiting schools.
    He seems to be advised that that’s how modern leaders communicate now.
    To be fair it is far more communication that any previous Taioseach but it’s just so cheesy and pathetic it’s really rather embarrassing.
    Twitter like.

Coveney was the minister for housing made a claim about ending homelessness and then bailed out, personally I think he is a spoofer and looks down on the rest of us as blessed to have him willing to 'serve' in government.

he's about 100 times more modest, civil, honest and capable than Leo, but that's not a very high bar.
    The look written all over his face is "how long can I stick these scumbags in FG" . . he's not going to last.
    Decent honest people never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I really miss Vinny Browne these days.

Never a truer word spoken SG. Irish Journalism is all the poorer these days without Vincent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Nobelium wrote: »
    he's about 100 times more modest, civil, honest and capable than Leo, but that's not a very high bar.
    The look written all over his face is "how long can I stick these scumbags in FG" . . he's not going to last.
    Decent honest people never do.

Coveney was far too close with Peter Sutherland for my liking. He is not the answer.

FG seem to be doing nothing on this charade in the hope of it dying a quick death.

We ( the public ) must NEVER let this thread die until such time as Leo and His gang take the appropriate action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Coveney was far too close with Peter Sutherland for my liking. He is not the answer.

Indeed. Sutherland believed that there was too much "homogeneity" in European countries, and he wanted to change that. Homogeneity = the quality or state of being all the same or all of the same kind.
    Coveney was greatly influenced by Sutherland, which is why we hear him making statements like he wants to see diversity in every town and village in Ireland. The flood gates will truly open to non-EU countries if Coveney gets the leadership position.

So is Leo, and I'd still take Coveney anyday over the other scum, it's not as if the best person is ever going to get near any political office in Ireland . . it's the least worst is all you are going to get to choose from. From those in the running with any realistic chance who do you suggest then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

FG seem to be doing nothing on this charade in the hope of it dying a quick death.

We ( the public ) must NEVER let this thread die until such time as Leo and His gang take the appropriate action.

"Appropriate action" will be taken by the voters of Dub Laoghaire-Rathdown; they're the ones who put her into the Dail and they'll be the ones who decide whether or not to return her there. It's called "democracy" (look it up!).

It will be interesting to see whether or not her local constituency organisation nominates her as a FG candidate for the next GE. I'd say that daddy will be working flat out to ensure that she is nominated - although she may throw in the towel to avoid potential humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Don't think Leo and Co. are too worried about posters on boards.ie bumping an obsolete thread.

• Advertisement

Don't think Leo and Co. are too worried about posters on boards.ie bumping an obsolete thread.

Tbh local FG members where i am...are asking serious questions as to why this now infamous report isnt being diatributed to them

They out doing the work,canvassing at elections,putting up posters etc,and being treated like mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

"Appropriate action" will be taken by the voters of Dub Laoghaire-Rathdown; they're the ones who put her into the Dail and they'll be the ones who decide whether or not to return her there. It's called "democracy" (look it up!).

It will be interesting to see whether or not her local constituency organisation nominates her as a FG candidate for the next GE. I'd say that daddy will be working flat out to ensure that she is nominated - although she may throw in the towel to avoid potential humiliation.

Appropriate action isn't about Bailey IMO, the real question is whether they'll look into amending the acts governing liability for accidents to place more responsibility on a customer of a business for their own clumsiness, and not on someone else just because the accident happened to occur on someone else's property.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You're a disgrace to your name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcXjholnGk

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbh local FG members where i am...are asking serious questions as to why this now infamous report isnt being diatributed to them

They out doing the work,canvassing at elections,putting up posters etc,and being treated like mushrooms

Absolute poppycock and balderdash.

This thread jumped the shark about 3 thousand posts back. It’s now just a chat thread for about 8 people in a state of perpetual outrage.

True, but I think the people want action long before a GE comes about. And for me, I think the heirarchy in FG are sh1t scared to take action, rather let the people decide come a GE, as You state above.

Absolute poppycock and balderdash.

Except its not mate,i know people involved locally in FG...i work with many ffs

They are of view that HQ is tresting like their stupid and wont release the report to the local branches for consumption??

Why would lads put time and their own money into canvassing if HQ wont trust em with the report.....maybe FG where yous are dont care...but its certainly disillusioning lads i know anyway

You may be right PPL, but where else can the public keep this Bailey thing in the public domain? Every little bit helps, and am certain boards can do it's 'bit'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Again, very naive. Tell me this much, the next time you are paying car, house, health, liability or life insurance, will Bailey's fraudulent claim come into your head? Be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It will be more than just the voters of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown that will get to vote on whether they want a party in power that embraces fraudsters and scam artists that are costing us all money, and they will be reminded of that every time a renual demand lands on the mat.

For honesty and integrity vote Anyone But Fine Gael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They actually should be.
    They rely on people for votes and people demand honesty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement