Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well it's them or FF! Hospital thing didn't really outrage too many and it subsided quickly enough. Most of us accept it needs to be built and as long as it doesn't absolutely spiral it's a cost we can live with. Housing, health and taxes are always the biggies in a GE. Insurance might be but there seems to be legislation on that way.

No it's not. People can try cod themselves or cover up that they vote in these chancers but there are options. If you vote FG don't use excuses that aren't there.
    The hospital thing, like the Irish water thing, like the housing thing and the maria bailey thing, (to name but a few) aren't going anywhere anytime soon how ever many FG bots tell us otherwise. I withdrew any support for FG over Reilly's clinics and that was compounded by the sitserv sweet deal, (still under investigation), pretty sure I'm not the only one. To think these issue aren't relevant is what makes Fine Gael the arrogant crooked party they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote:
    Ah guesswork on the outcome of a few candidates in the locals, nice one! Yes it's an echo chamber but really don't recall saying suggesting or inferring the rest of that. Sounds very made up to me!

Lots of things you don't like I would suggest sound made up. It's just funny that for a forum you claim is an echo chamber you seem to attach some import to it. Anyway I'll leave you at it. You seem busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ok I’m now convinced you’re in the FG spin team :)

The hospital thing was everywhere. The only remarkable thing about it was no heads rolled-no surprises there-and the whole thing wasn’t dropped and started over-again. No surprises there. Jobs for the lads and vast amounts of money for the buddies in the building of it who get to make up a number and double it unchallenged.

Ireland. It was ever thus.

This too will be a massive issue facing FG next election.
    Yes it was everywhere and just as quickly it wasn't. Once people vented their ire it wasn't apart from lonely bits of the internet. If it is an issue and I'm not sure it will be as big as some imagine it's a problem that will still be there even if they do suffer losses.

Yes it was everywhere and just as quickly it wasn't. Once people vented their ire it wasn't apart from lonely bits of the internet. If it is an issue and I'm not sure it will be as big as some imagine it's a problem that will still be there even if they do suffer losses.

Your Fine Gael damage control game is poor.
    'All the cool kids are forgetting about Bailey' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you have to explain to somebody how something works it is reasonable to assume that they are not actively campaigning on the matter.

Safe to assume Bailey isn't active in the Dublin swinging scene so.

• Advertisement

No it's not. People can try cod themselves or cover up that they vote in these chancers but there are options. If you vote FG don't use excuses that aren't there.
    The hospital thing, like the Irish water thing, like the housing thing and the maria bailey thing, (to name but a few) aren't going anywhere anytime soon how ever many FG bots tell us otherwise. I withdrew any support for FG over Reilly's clinics and that was compounded by the sitserv sweet deal, (still under investigation), pretty sure I'm not the only one. To think these issue aren't relevant is what makes Fine Gael the arrogant crooked party they are.
    Most voters have poor memories of this kind of stuff and realistically have two options. It will be one of FF or FG in government. None of the rest are realistic options. I know that disappoints you but that's voters for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Sorry but that sort of echoes the contempt the current FG clearly have for the public.

Your Fine Gael damage control game is poor.
    'All the cool kids are forgetting about Bailey' :)
    OK, this makes no sense at all. It's just my view on an election and this is what you somehow got out of of my post? Nowt to do with them by the way, they're just another party.

Sorry but that sort of echoes the contempt the current FG clearly have for the public.
    And this looks like your own projection. Feel free to test out your theories on real people and see which of they can recall and which still bother. IMO people are not angry about that stuff any more. The NCH and Bailey perhaps but I'm not sure even there when the election comes round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Most voters have poor memories of this kind of stuff and realistically have two options. It will be one of FF or FG in government. None of the rest are realistic options. I know that disappoints you but that's voters for you.

You don't think the opposition, the press and social media will play a role in jogging those poor memories?

This thread has almost half a million views, and what's the infamous SOR interview YouTube/SoundCloud viewing count up to now?

Delusional tbh.

• Advertisement

Lots of things you don't like I would suggest sound made up. It's just funny that for a forum you claim is an echo chamber you seem to attach some import to it. Anyway I'll leave you at it. You seem busy.
    Misreading my posts and making stuff up about me is one, otherwise I don't really much care about a random entity. Oh I like the banter and "honest" discussion that pops up every so often in the echo chamber but it's just that.

What 'realistically'? Of winning? Anyone who votes to 'win' needs check themselves. In that scenario it's like betting on a horse to lose. The party you don't like or think are any use won and you helped, better than voting for one with a cleaner record with policies you might like? That's apologist talk and anyone who acts in such a manner deserves to be caught in the loop of voting FF/FG and complaining about them, only to vote for them again.
    It's FF/FG propaganda to push the 'only realistic option' narrative.

Still waiting on clarification on what this is about by the way:
    You were just making up clueless falsehoods and I was doing a public service. I had to intervene for the sake of the internet!:D

If anyone votes for FG it will be despite Bailey gate and the CH over run, 'mismanagement' and it's for those voters to justify in their own mind, but don't be so foolish as to think people will have forgotten.
    Leo blew it.

You don't think the opposition, the press and social media will play a role in jogging those poor memories?

This thread has almost half a million views, and what's the infamous SOR interview YouTube/SoundCloud viewing count up to now?

Delusional tbh.
    It depends what the issues are. We'll be post-Brexit so a lot of election promises will focus on that. I assume you mean Bailey here. She may come up but if she doesn't run maybe less so. I was actually talking about all the other things we apparently will remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote:
    Misreading my posts and making stuff up about me is one, otherwise I don't really much care about a random entity. Oh I like the banter and "honest" discussion that pops up every so often in the echo chamber but it's just that.

Ah fair play, have to say you're much more subtle than the other lads. Breath of fresh air as they say. Even echo chambers sometimes reflect some of the concerns of real life. Uncomfortable as FG found out but true none the less. Have fun, give my regards to the others .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,830 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Josepha on radio One atm. Wonder will she be asked anything on the current issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Josepha on radio One atm. Wonder will she be asked anything on the current issue.

Mary Wilson hasn't the balls.

Wonder are swings seen as art

Shes some woman to kick a can. Must be a FG trait

Oops I was wrong.

You need to revise...:) :)

• Advertisement

Hanging Bailey out to dry on her own.

You need to revise...:) :)

No...you do :)

No...you do :)

She did her best, I have to admit. But Josepha insisted on the clam defence. :D

Hanging herself aswell. She couldn't lie straight in bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

She is saying little about this issue other than she is "very pleased" with the report.

This is not going away. Its gona haunt FG for years
    They will pay a very expensive price for this incompetence.

She is saying little about this issue other than she is "very pleased" with the report.

Yes, 'I am very happy with how I am represented in it'...which implies somebody else might not be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

This thread has about fifty active participants who probably each visit it up to 40 times a day. It's been alive for about 50 days. There are probably at least two silent lurkers for every active participant - but that's an educated guess.

With numbers like these, it's very easy to reach half a million 'views' - but, at the end of the day, it's not really all that many voters.

But hey! let's all puff out our chests and imagine that our wise (and other) words are being eagerly read by the vast majority of the voting public!

You wouldn't hear anything to the contrary, all of this was rehearsed in advance. Madigan is too cute to commit a faux pas on the national airwaves. And we're none the wiser, which is the primary directive of FG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

You wouldn't hear anything to the contrary, all of this was rehearsed in advance. Madigan is too cute to commit a faux pas on the national airwaves. And we're none the wiser, which is the primary directive of FG.

Objective surely?

There's not much point in throwing witless accusations around if you can't get the key word right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement