Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Just pointing out that the Irish electorate tend to vote for centrist parties like FF and FG. They have no interest in voting for economically illeiterate fringe parties with a whiff of cordite off them. That's all Johnny.

All I'm saying is the people who get up early, eat their porridge and read the Irish Times make up the bulk of the vote and they like FG.

That’s a bitter pill for some people to swallow, Patrick. People realise that most things are going fine, and they certainly don’t intend to change it for a government made up of shinners, lefties, and me fein independents. Not going to happen. Pipe dream stuff.
    But things aren't going fine...there is a trend of FG not listening to the people and its their biggest problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

JeffKenna wrote: »
    But things aren't going fine...there is a trend of FG not listening to the people and its their biggest problem.

Utopia doesn’t exist, and many of the challenges we face are ones being faced in other mature democracies such as our own. We have a cohort of people in this country though who don’t want to pay for anything and expect things for nothing. Remember the shameful water charges protests?
    FG aren’t perfect, but they’ve done a fine shop in steadying the good ship Ireland. Certainly did a better job that some motley crew of beards, ex terrorists, and gonbeen independents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Utopia doesn’t exist, and many of the challenges we face are ones being faced in other mature democracies such as our own. We have a cohort of people in this country though who don’t want to pay for anything and expect things for nothing. Remember the shameful water charges protests?
    FG aren’t perfect, but they’ve done a fine shop in steadying the good ship Ireland. Certainly did a better job that some motley crew of beards, ex terrorists, and gonbeen independents.

Wouldn't that bring us right back on topic?

Steering the ship indelicately away from the Bailey controversy, which is the premise of this thread. You might as well be at the helm of the Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yer man....:confused:

James Reilly's name on the Stubbs Gazette defaulters' list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

. We have a cohort of people in this country though who don’t want to pay for anything and expect things for nothing.

True, true just look at Maria Bailey looking for up to 60k for nothing Alan Farrell the same looking for 15k, even looking for money for unrelated damage until wiser heads called him out. Terrible that cohort of FG TD's. Fair play for alluding to them. Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Indeed... I tend to agree with a lot of what you say. People like Alan Farrell and Maria Bailey expect to scam insurance companies and expect us, the early rising porridge eaters to have no issue with it.

The internal party report has been revealed. Expect it on broadsheet.ie by late afternoon on Thursday. Her Dad was in his last few weeks while you ghouls spent your days endlessly outraged about FG. Might I suggest that some of you actually get a job, so you can contribute to this lovely little country called Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The internal party report has been revealed. Expect it on broadsheet.ie by late afternoon on Thursday. Her Dad was in his last few weeks while you ghouls spent your days endlessly outraged about FG. Might I suggest that some of you actually get a job, so you can contribute to this lovely little country called Ireland.

So rather than claim exoneration or mitigation from the report...

Now it's the ghoulish behaviour of people disgusted with her fraudulent behaviour that's at fault?

Not the attempted criminal act, but the gall of those disgusted by it to even question her ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    So rather than claim exoneration or mitigation from the report...

Now it's the ghoulish behaviour of people disgusted with her fraudulent behaviour that's at fault?

Not the attempted criminal act, but the gall of those disgusted by it to even question her ;)

An internal report about party politics is just that. Internal.

Like SF have done in the past 2 years about senior party members being involved in shooting the mother of 7 children, or trying to make it a 'party issue' around their leader being ok with the 20 year sodomisation of children, cause the people raping children were 'good for the cause'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Like SF have done in the past 2 years about senior party members being involved in shooting the mother of 7 children, or trying to make it a 'party issue' around their leader being ok with the 20 year sodomisation of children, cause the people raping children were 'good for the cause'?

And now it's whataboutery?

You seem to confusing me with a shinner JF, I'm not.

Fascinating however that FG boys have decided to dig for murder and rape to offset the damage this report must be expected to wreak however!

I am however interested in the facts of this incident, and indeed any incident that pertains to the ethics, honesty and trustworthiness of elected officials and by extension how their malfeasance is dealt with by their peers.

You seem to be the first FG bot on the scene.
    What sanction do you think is warranted for the bould Maria?

Can you discuss that? Will you use both of your votes in the next G.E to try keep her in?
    Will you support any bid to deselect her and at least try and ferret, if not a more honest politician out of Dun laoighre, at least a better liar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

How is that in any way relevant to this thread which is about Leo being happy to have insurance scammers in the FG parliamentary party, apart from attempting to deflect attention from the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

First you take a pop off us making assumptions regarding our working status, then you call us ghoulish and finally you come out with the above crap. You're the typical fine gaeler in all their rancid hypocrisy. Don't ever quit the party,please!

Might I suggest that some of you actually get a job, so you can contribute to this lovely little country called Ireland.

Contribute like the Stokes, McDonaghs, Farrells and Baileys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Utopia doesn’t exist, and many of the challenges we face are ones being faced in other mature democracies such as our own. We have a cohort of people in this country though who don’t want to pay for anything and expect things for nothing. Renmember the shameful water charges protests?

What was shameful about the water protests? I was in those protests & can assure you I felt no shame.

The internal party report has been revealed. Expect it on broadsheet.ie by late afternoon on Thursday. Her Dad was in his last few weeks while you ghouls spent your days endlessly outraged about FG.

Ms Bailey and her late father may be perfect examples of the FG party, but they however aren't the party. The timing was unfortunate, in saying that, Maria had a good few years to withdraw the case but, you know easy money and all that. Again - typical FG stock.
    Might I suggest that some of you actually get a job, so you can contribute to this lovely little country called Ireland.

Up at six thirty reading your post with my coffee before I embark on my days chores thank you very much, by the way I've insurance to renew in Sept (without it - I can't even make a living), I wonder what the fcuk it'll jump to this year because "scammers" say the insurers.

You have been on this thread lashing out the insults and speculating insults on posters and their employment status / work ethic since this story broke. For a poster who "couldn't give a curse" - its mighty odd behaviour. I know you've been seething the last few weeks, you were piss poor at trying to hide it, but that's the major problem when you perch on such high horses, the fall off them undoubtedly hurts. (I know a good solicitor for soft tissue damage, pm me)

Please tell me you're serious about broadsheet, I'll make a point of quitting work for the afternoon, to digest it in all its glory, then post my thoughts on it here. You're welcome to join me. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I was told it leaked on Sunday and the indo had it and were going to be at it full tilt all week.

Didn’t happen though

I was told it leaked on Sunday and the indo had it and were going to be at it full tilt all week.

Didn’t happen though

John Bailey died.

John Bailey died.

Forgot that

It may have involved a FG TD, and Minister, however they're public representatives., paid for by us taxpayers. How they behave outside the party is the business of the public. Leo will be reminded of that fairly sharpish. Insurance fraud hurts us all.

Sinn Fein.... The reserve tank gets called upon.

• Advertisement

How is it every time FG are mentioned and questioned on this site, there’s an immediate ‘but Sinn Fein!!’ Reposnse or you’re automatically a shinner/shinnerbot accusation if you criticise them?

Are yis serious lads?

How is it every time FG are mentioned and questioned on this site, there’s an immediate ‘but Sinn Fein!!’ Reposnse or you’re automatically a shinner/shinnerbot accusation if you criticise them?

Are yis serious lads?

When you can't defend your own position then attack someone else's would seem to be the FG way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

After 11 years on boards i've just used the ignore function for the first time.

It's a shame that such blatant shilling has been allowed destroy an otherwise great thread but then all it does is show FG up for the corrupt liars that they really are.

You're fooling no-one lads. If forced to choose i'd pick FF over you lot any day.

At least they're more honest about being dishonest.

Better the devil ye know..

Roll on the next GE.

OLIVER CALLAN Despite his large team of spin doctors Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has proven to be unexpectedly foolish and undignified in the job

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4309716/spin-doctors-taoiseach-leo-varadkar-unexpectedly-foolish-in-job/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

OLIVER CALLAN Despite his large team of spin doctors Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has proven to be unexpectedly foolish and undignified in the job

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4309716/spin-doctors-taoiseach-leo-varadkar-unexpectedly-foolish-in-job/

Oliver doesn't like Leo.

Well I'm shocked...... Shocked I tells ya

Oliver doesn't like Leo.

Well I'm shocked...... Shocked I tells ya

His popularity poll has drooped below that of Michael Martin's.

Oliver isn't alone it would seem, Leo's shine has worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When you can't defend your own position then attack someone else's would seem to be the FG way.
    It's the SF/LAB/FF/FG/PBP/Green/SD way depending on where your allegiances lie.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's the SF/LAB/FF/FG/PBP/Green/SD way depending on where your allegiances lie.

I never ever once have seen that anywhere on here strangely enough.
    It’s always a finnerbot calling people shinnerbots

Paschal Donohoe said FG estimated that it cost them 150 - 200 votes in each local election constituency. From memory Maria did the SO'R interview on the Monday after the locals and it only blew up since then so it would have to be a lot more now.
    Their vote share was up by just over 1% and they still gained 20 seats so clearly not that pronounced.

• Advertisement

How is it every time FG are mentioned and questioned on this site, there’s an immediate ‘but Sinn Fein!!’ Response or you’re automatically a shinner/shinnerbot accusation if you criticise them?

Are yis serious lads?
    For the same reason that anyone who does not take up an anti-government stance gets called other things! It's how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement