Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Hes in China looking into the possibility of manufacturing adult sized swings with handrails and seatbelts. Even the Chinese are stumped.;)

All swings must now carry the warning "Dont drink and swing".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

We should just have all bars pubs and restaurants ban TDS from their premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dammo

Stokes, McDonagh, Bailey & Farrell sounds like a form of solicitors

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dammo wrote: »
    Stokes, McDonagh, Bailey & Farrell sounds like a form of solicitors

A right motley crew ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

A right motley crew ok.

The oldest swingers in town.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Humanity has been crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Deflection and derailment tactics used by those who see no wrong in Bailey's actions or those of Alan Farrell.

There was plenty wrong with Bailey’s actions. This thread jumped the shark weeks ago though, and is now about a few ghouls with their virtual pitchforks trying to keep this going. It’s actually weird to see as an outsider; as it makes one wonder what is actually going on in your lives to make this something you care so passionately about.

Anyways, I’m off for a feed of roast duck and lager. Keep her lit, lads.
    1) you are not an outsider
    2) what is going on in our lives is high insurance costs which is directly affecting us and thus why we care so passionately about.
    3) relating to point 1. I think you and your pals are SF shills as opposed to FG as I couldn't see FG be THIS stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There was plenty wrong with Bailey’s actions. This thread jumped the shark weeks ago though, and is now about a few ghouls with their virtual pitchforks trying to keep this going. It’s actually weird to see as an outsider; as it makes one wonder what is actually going on in your lives to make this something you care so passionately about.

Anyways, I’m off for a feed of roast duck and lager. Keep her lit, lads.
    Not wanting known liars or swindlers holding office while being on the payroll to help run our country should be as good a reason as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

My apologies to anyone who found my last post offensive.
    Odyssey

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Suckit wrote: »
    Not wanting known liars or swindlers holding office while being on the payroll to help run our country should be as good a reason as any.

For about the third time they can't actually be removed from the Dail and would continue to draw their TD salary until an election so your passion is kind of wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

CCTV won't be released. Would be bad business, you don't bite the hand that feeds in this case politicians and the money they bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

CCTV won't be released. Would be bad business, you don't bite the hand that feeds in this case politicians and the money they bring.
    Might be an idea for you to research who owns the Dean hotel and his past experience with a FG led government. The footage may already be out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

is_that_so wrote: »
    For about the third time they can't actually be removed from the Dail and would continue to draw their TD salary until an election so your passion is kind of wasted.

They could be dismissed from the parliamentary party but Leo is happy to have them on his team. It would make you wonder how many other corrupt members he has on side? It could explain some of the calamities he is overseeing, corruption rather than incompitence.

Ordinary members of FG must be seething.

It belongs to the hotel so I don't think they are under any obligation to do so especially as the case is now closed on this.

She could be dismissed or sanctioned for bringing the party into disrepute.
    As has been mentioned in quite a few articles.
    So far, I am just seeing arrogance on top of arrogance, blaming everybody else or name calling.
    If that is doing anything, it's inciting anger.
    It is not dealing with the issue in hand. If she had any morals she would step down herself, but seems she likes to drag it out, (although we are being accused of being the ones that do that :rolleyes:), Leo hasn't shown one single ounce of authority here.

They could be dismissed from the parliamentary party but Leo is happy to have them on his team. It would make you wonder how many other corrupt members he has on side? It could explain some of the calamities he is overseeing, corruption rather than incompitenc.

Yeah they can but they'll still draw their salary. The Farrell case is done and dusted so he's not really under the spotlight. Only real option for FG , if they choose, is deselection at the next election. Bailey I'd say is toast and they may give some thought to Farrell, probably do some local polling to gauge but he did well in the GE.

Suckit wrote: »
    She could be dismissed or sanctioned for bringing the party into disrepute.
    As has been mentioned in quite a few articles.
    So far, I am just seeing arrogance on top of arrogance, blaming everybody else or name calling.
    If that is doing anything, it's inciting anger.
    It is not dealing with the issue in hand. If she had any morals she would step down herself, but seems she likes to drag it out, (although we are being accused of being the ones that do that :rolleyes:), Leo hasn't shown one single ounce of authority here.
    Yeah but she will still get paid. The sanction should be the loss of the committee chair. As actions go she felt aggrieved with the hotel and it's very doubtful that will translate into a resignation. That would bring an extra annoyance to the party via a by election.

Also, more importantly, this thread serves as a reminder and for many as new information. It will hopefully help hundreds of voters make the decision not to vote FG as long as they have these chancers running with them.
    As it is painfully obvious they do not seem one bit worried about the voter as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McKinley seems like too good a skin to stoop to that level tbh, but in saying that, who knows who has obtained a copy of it by now.

(¬_¬)

Might be an idea for you to research who owns the Dean hotel and his past experience with a FG led government. The footage may already be out there.

That doesn't mean they'll release it. The footage isn't out in public. It's bad business to release it.

• Advertisement

They are, several including elected representatives have asked for the report to be released.

Only real option for FG , if they choose, is deselection at the next election.

No its not. They could choose to do the right thing and show that insurance scamming is not acceptable but..........

That doesn't mean they'll release it. The footage isn't out in public. It's bad business to release it.

It doesn't mean they won't, the footage is not public yet but I can assure you copies have been made, considering the attitudes of people to insurance fraud it's not bad for business, ask Pat Mcdonagh owner of Supermac's he released CCTV footage of fraudsters business is booming. Sounds like wishful thinking on your behalf tbh.

Yeah but she will still get paid. The sanction should be the loss of the committee chair. As actions go she felt aggrieved with the hotel and it's very doubtful that will translate into a resignation. That would bring an extra annoyance to the party via a by election.

Isn't that a little like blaming the Gardaí for catching you breaking into a house? Or blaming the home owner for pressing charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No. That motely crew of ne'er do wells have no interest or competence when it comes to political leadership. They prefer to heckle from the cheap seats while the grown ups get down to the serious and largely thankless task of governance.

You familiar with record breaking homeless children numbers, health and housing crises, Reilly's clinic allocation, Irish Water, Broadband roll out and the children's hospital over run? Talk about incompetence.
    Bailey and her swing, there's your ne'er do well, doing very well thanks to support from Leo. Get off the stage Paddy :D

... Might I suggest that some of you actually get a job, so you can contribute to this lovely little country called Ireland.

Fine Gael didn't pay tax for nine years straight. Get up the yard.

It doesn't mean they won't, the footage is not public yet but I can assure you copies have been made, considering the attitudes of people to insurance fraud it's not bad for business, ask Pat Mcdonagh owner of Supermac's he released CCTV footage of fraudsters business is booming. Sounds like wishful thinking on your behalf tbh.

That's not how the system works. I'd love for it to be released but once politics and money are involved it wont.
    Pat McDonagh wouldn't release the bailey footage either he's more sense.

That's not how the system works. I'd love for it to be released but once politics and money are involved it wont.

There's likely some FG folk that have issues with Bailey and it's very easy for someone to release it in one form or another. Once it's out it can be reported on.

That's not how the system works. I'd love for it to be released but once politics and money are involved it wont. Pat McDonagh wouldn't release the bailey footage either he's more sense.

The owner of the Dean already has history of ignoring the 'system' you mention. I never said P Mcdonagh would release the Bailey footage but considering I worked for him for several years some time ago. If she had pulled that sh*t in his premises she would be a YouTube star by now. But if you think the footage will stay under wraps for ever I can only assume you are either naive or delusional.

• Advertisement

These things have a habit of leaking to journalists one way or the other. It's just the timing that counts. Just like Leo should have binned Bailey at the start of this fiasco and it would be last weeks news by now he should get the video out there now and no matter how bad it is get it behind him otherwise he's just handing the timing to someone else.

Having said that leo hasn't shown himself to be a good decision maker or to have any leadership abilities so he will just continue to fire fight until the inevitable happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement