Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The owner of the Dean already has history of ignoring the 'system' you mention. I never said P Mcdonagh would release the Bailey footage but considering I worked for him for several years some time ago. If she had pulled that sh*t in his premises she would be a YouTube star by now. But if you think the footage will stay under wraps for ever I can only assume you are either naive or delusional.

Would be:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Would be

Yeah 'Fails of the Week'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No its not. They could choose to do the right thing and show that insurance scamming is not acceptable but..........
    I've already mentioned kicking her out but she'll still be drawing her salary. Farrell seems to have been ignored probably on the grounds that the case has been and gone and a judge saw through his claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Suckit wrote: »
    Isn't that a little like blaming the Gardaí for catching you breaking into a house? Or blaming the home owner for pressing charges.
    I'm merely pointing out that I don't expect her to see it as a reason to resign as a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

is_that_so wrote: »
    I've already mentioned kicking her out but she'll still be drawing her salary. Farrell seems to have been ignored probably on the grounds that the case has been and gone and a judge saw through his claim.

Which leave FG with an ethics free parliamentary party. Exaggerating injury or completely fabricating a damage claim is acceptable behaviour for Fine Gael TD's or they would have been dismissed from the party by now. And the message goes out to all and sundry that if the opportunity arises sure you might as well lash in a claim even if it has no merit, you can embellish it with false evidence and lies as even if you fail there are no consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,153 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do either of you own a business dealing with the general public, you do not **** on someone even if they deserve it when there friends with other customers. You just got to bite your tongue sometimes, this is one of those times. We all know she lied, we don't need the footage to prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

is_that_so wrote: »

Not at all. Farrell's scam is out fully in the public. It gets commented on all the time. The Bailey report is not released, it's the story that keeps on swinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If Farrell gets in ever again it's time to give up on the country. He only got in because he was the other FG candidate in James Reilly's constituency (who by the way is planning on running next GE).
    Farrell has proven to be utterly useless in any matter about anything. He's almost invisible, the only reason people know he exists is because of the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Well it's not going to go away no matter what gets posted on here.
    Twitter

These things have a habit of leaking to journalists one way or the other. It's just the timing that counts. Just like Leo should have binned Bailey at the start of this fiasco and it would be last weeks news by now he should get the video out there now and no matter how bad it is get it behind him otherwise he's just handing the timing to someone else.

Having said that leo hasn't shown himself to be a good decision maker or to have any leadership abilities so he will just continue to fire fight until the inevitable happens.

This is the crux of it at this stage, Leo isn’t leading very well and his ministers aren’t much better. They’re all happy burying their heads in the sand and waiting for it to blow over. Just to add that I liked Leo and had high hopes but what I thought was charisma now appears to be arrogance. That’s a shame.

• Advertisement

Do either of you own a business dealing with the general public, you do not **** on someone even if they deserve it when there friends with other customers. You just got to bite your tongue sometimes, this is one of those times. We all know she lied, we don't need the footage to prove it.

I don't know who your comment is directed too. As I told you already I worked for Pat Mcdonagh we released footage of fraudsters years ago business has not suffered as a result. Also all recent commentary I have seen of fraudsters being called out has also shown support for the business in question. All I get from you 'is nothing to see move along'. Too late.
    The customer is always right is b*llsh*t coined by an English business owner almost 200 years ago. He didn't have to deal with fraudsters on the level of now or the bananas insurance premiums commonplace.

Just on a point, Farrell's behaviour came to public light after his election in 2016. I'm sure come the next GE someone will make a concerted effort to bring up his fraudulent claim .

I don't know who your comment is directed too. As I told you already I worked for Pat Mcdonagh we released footage of fraudsters years ago business has not suffered as a result. Also all recent commentary I have seen of fraudsters being called out has also shown support for the business in question. All I get from you 'is nothing to see move along'. Too late.
    The customer is always right is b*llsh*t coined by an English business owner almost 200 years ago. He didn't have to deal with fraudsters on the level of now or the bananas insurance premiums commonplace.

True. In fact as much as we've a reluctant admiration for the cute hoor, we do love a chancer getting caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

This x1000. I had high hopes for Leo as well. But he's turned into the typical politician that we've all seen come and go.

This Bailey case was a perfect example where he could have led by example but instead he has washed his hands of it and hopes the problem disappears.

This is the crux of it at this stage, Leo isn’t leading very well and his ministers aren’t much better. There all happy burying their heads in the sand and waiting for it to blow over. Just to add that I liked Leo and had high hopes but what I thought was charisma now appears to be arrogance. That’s a shame.

This x1000. I had high hopes for Leo as well. But he's turned into the typical politician that we've all seen come and go.

This Bailey case was a perfect example where he could have led by example but instead he has washed his hands of it and hopes the problem disappears.

TBF, I'd high hopes for Enda, dashed of course. Leo was never anything but a mouthpiece in any position he held previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TBF, I'd high hopes for Enda, dashed of course. Leo was never anything but a mouthpiece in any position he held previously.

I wouldn't say high hopes, but I thought Enda would have done a good job. I soon found out I was wrong about that.

When Leo took over, I thought he might be better. FG just keep showing me how wrong I can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This is the crux of it at this stage, Leo isn’t leading very well and his ministers aren’t much better. They’re all happy burying their heads in the sand and waiting for it to blow over. Just to add that I liked Leo and had high hopes but what I thought was charisma now appears to be arrogance. That’s a shame.
    I feel the same , had high hopes for Leo . How wrong was I , now all I see is all show and no substance whatsoever . All charm and talk and words that mean nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 39,975 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

TBF, I'd high hopes for Enda

Why?

The most default of default Irish Politicians, school teacher who "inherited" his Dáil seat from his father.

Became leader of FG by default and leader of the country by default.

The only good thing I can say about him is he had staying power, I guess.

I'll remember him as a lapdog for Uncle Dinny and a guy who once saw a man with 2 pints in one hand.

Boggles wrote:
    I'll remember him as a lapdog for Uncle Dinny and a guy who once saw a man with 2 pints in one hand.

An absolutely shameless liar .

Leo got in on some zeitgeisty loop hole centred around him being the first GAY man in the big seat.. He's not a charmer, he's a chancer, a bit like the first Black president from yonder shores west of us. He Spends more time on social media googling himself , kylie and Justin Trudeau which is why he spends less time answering straight questions.

Was he a doctor or something at any stage?

• Advertisement

An absolutely shameless liar .

You mean you don't believe he was told to put Soldiers beside ATM's?

:pac:

Boggles wrote:
    You mean you don't believe he was told to put Soldiers beside ATM's?

The only times I didn't believe Enda was when he was talking.
    I'm sure I wouldn't believe what he wrote either but never saw his ramblings on paper.

Boggles wrote: »
    Why?

The most default of default Irish Politicians, school teacher who "inherited" his Dáil seat from his father.

Became leader of FG by default and leader of the country by default.

The only good thing I can say about him is he had staying power, I guess.

Because we were in such a bad way I thought cronyism would be put on the back burner and the country would be put first. He said all the right things about 'changing the way we do business' and the feeling was we were beyond the politics of banana republic normalcy. He had the chance to change Ireland branch and root, but chose business as usual.
    That's why he is the biggest waster in political history IMO. Leo was and is a nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,288 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Boggles wrote: »
    You mean you don't believe he was told to put Soldiers beside ATM's? :pac:

In light of recent events we should have soldiers beside ATMs at all times :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In light of recent events we should have soldiers beside ATMs at all times :)

And safety officials by playgrounds.

Because we were in such a bad way I thought cronyism would be put on the back burner and the country would be put first. He said all the right things about 'changing the way we do business' and the feeling was we were beyond the politics of banana republic normalcy. He had the chance to change Ireland branch and root, but chose business as usual.
    That's why he is the biggest waster in political history IMO. Leo was and is a nothing.

He wasn't in the door a wet week and Siteserv was washed and handed to Uncle Dinny.

You don't remain FG's longest serving TD without having to pay the piper.

As I said before Leo has no interest in Politics, he had no interest in Medicine either, he has a chart of "life quests" which he is speed ticking himself through.

Simon knows this, that's why he is constantly angry the past couple of years.

I agree with you she should be called out and the video shown, but it's not an ordinary fraudster were dealing with here. She has deep political ties which could influence money going to the hotel. Unfortunately I think she's above the law. The laws a piece of crap in these cases anyway.
    She should be fired from the Party, Leo has no backbone though.
    As I said I don't think Pat would release this particular video.

As I said I don't think Pat would release this particular video.

I worked for Pat and I have no doubt that he would. You can guess what someone you don't know would do if you wish.

I worked for Pat and I have no doubt that he would. You can guess what someone you don't know would do if you wish.

I'd say he'd be pretty happy with the outcome as is, it's a good result, he's a sensible man and I've no doubt he knows to quit when he's winning.
    Wouldn't be much in the video they'd have to scrub the other two from it. Everyone knows how she fell. I'd expect the Dean to be a bit shrewder about who it shows its CCTV footage to than supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Well it's not going to go away no matter what gets posted on here.
    Twitter

Reading these tweets, I get the impression that Madigan is only interested in covering her own a%se. iF the sh1t hits the fan, I would be very worried if I were MB. I get the impression Madigan will sink MB like a ton of lead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement