Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This x1000. I had high hopes for Leo as well.
    Suckit wrote: »

When Leo took over, I thought he might be better.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I feel the same , had high hopes for Leo

I'm interested to know on what basis you guys formed a positive impression of Leo in the first place. Did you think he had done well in his ministerial positions?

What happened to the report getting leaked today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wouldn't say high hopes, but I thought Enda would have done a good job. I soon found out I was wrong about that.

When Leo took over, I thought he might be better. FG just keep showing me how wrong I can get it.
    I'm interested to know on what basis you guys formed a positive impression of Leo in the first place. Did you think he had done well in his ministerial positions?

I hadn't said I thought Leo would be particularly good. I thought he would be better than Enda, and that wasn't going to be hard, a fairly low bar was set.

But, I was naive enough to believe he was young and may have been a little tired of older politics etc.
    In short, I was sick of FG then (I had voted for them with Kenny in the election) at that stage, I didn't have much hope for him, but I thought he would be better.
    He is worse than I could have imagined. I have to honestly say I don't think he has any redeeming feature for me.

What happened to the report getting leaked today?
    Broadsheet? I think that was a weird 'joke'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fell out of a Chinese fortune cookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The dads funeral is on Sat so it was never coming out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Well I just presumed anyone would be better than wishy washy Enda . Then we got all talk and no substance Leo. I thought he might be more energetic and forward thinking . I was wrong

I hadn't said I thought Leo would be particularly good. I thought he would be better than Enda, and that wasn't going to be hard, a fairly low bar was set.

But, I was naive enough to believe he was young and may have been a little tired of older politics etc.
    In short, I was sick of FG then (I had voted for them with Kenny in the election) at that stage, I didn't have much hope for him, but I thought he would be better.
    He is worse than I could have imagined. I have to honestly say I don't think he has any redeeming feature for me.

Well if your hopes weren't based on anything much other than Leo's age, I don't see that you're entitled to expect anything at all from him. Would you have thought Maria Bailey or Alan Farrell would do a better job than Enda because they're about the same age as Leo?

Well if your hopes weren't based on anything much other than Leo's age, I don't see that you're entitled to expect anything at all from him. Would you have thought Maria Bailey or Alan Farrell would do a better job than Enda because they're about the same age as Leo?
    I didn't vote any of those three in.

I've seen Farrell post here many times and disliked him before that.
    I didn't vote FG because of Leo. I didn't 'expect' anything of him really, and nor was my opinion of him based solely upon his age (which was mentioned quite a lot 'his youth' etc), but as I mentioned, I was naive in thinking that he could have been better than Enda.
    I am big enough to admit I made a mistake when thinking that.
    Not sure why that is a 'thing' though. I won't make that mistake again, I can assure you.

I as I mentioned, I was naive in thinking that he could have been better than Enda.

I see a lot of this on boards.ie but there's clearly no genuine self-criticism in it. It's all the empty suit Leo's fault for showing all this bright promise and then failing to live up to it. But these posters never give any substantive account of what this bright promise amounted to in the first place. There was a guy the other week saying he was initially sold on Leo by his strong media performances but was shocked and appalled to the discover that he was obsessed with his image.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I see a lot of this on boards.ie but there's clearly no genuine self-criticism in it. It's all the empty suit Leo's fault for showing all this bright promise and then failing to live up to it. But these posters never give any substantive account of what this bright promise amounted to in the first place. There was a guy the other week saying he was initially sold on Leo by his strong media performances but was shocked and appalled to the discover that he was obsessed with his image.:rolleyes:

Could you please point out where I said I had any hope for Leo, other than thinking he would be better than Enda when he took over?
    I had no real belief in Leo to begin with.

My honest to goodness reason for writing:
    I as I mentioned, I was naive in thinking that he could have been better than Enda.
    Was because I was initially going to also throw in something about not lying and I don't play offside, but I thought better of it.
    To be perfectly honest, My opinion of every single last one of them is pretty much the same as the opinion I see here from people giving out about 'scroungers' and people with their handout etc.

I despise the comment 'You couldn't pay me enough to do the job' when referring to the Taoiseach.

I usually vote because I believe it is the best of the bad bunch, which lets be honest, it's how they want us (that don't consistently vote for the same party, warts and all) to play the game.
    They are aware of our shitty choices and don't make any attempt to stand out - which would be very easy.
    For the moment we are stuck using democracy, it doesn't work not mathematically or otherwise.
    We will most likely be stuck using it for my lifetime and a couple of generations after that.
    So I vote, to hopefully make a difference and maybe one day I'll get lucky with some form of decent bunch sitting in the Dail, but so far it hasn't happened in my lifetime. But sometimes the crowd running it are just clowns without their makeup and funny costumes, incapable of doing a good job, so need to be called out. That is the case in this instance, and that is why I think people need to be made accountable when running in government and trying to scam a quick couple of euro.
    All I see when Leo is on TV is the big yellow streak running down his back; and the arrogance....

Maria Bailey and Alan Farrell (and anyone that encouraged them) with their hands out for what would effectively be a measly payment compared to their monthly salaries and expenses, for reasons that were beyond pathetic, and their arrogant party heads backing them up is enough to rile up anyone.
    Maria Bailey may not have been a TD when she banged her bum, but she was a few months later, and everyone including herself now knows that she would have been better off dropping the case then, but she decided to keep it going and see what she could get.

As for Leo, and me not being 'entitled to expect anything at all from him' - Yes I am.
    He is (unfortunately) the leader for now of our Country, and while I may not have voted him in, I did vote the for their party in the last GE, and even if I didn't, it is reasonable for anybody in this country to expect him to do what is correct, especially when one of his own are (at least) caught bringing the party in disrepute. But he has deflected, delayed and hidden - basically tried everything to not do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The weirdest joke has been the last several pages worth of frankly bizzare nonsense about trips to China, SF, suggestions that posters here should get jobs and are ghouls.

All because FG and their fanboys don't like being questioned or held to account.

Anyone who is ANY doubt about what FG represent, and what they think of the electorate just needs to read back over the past 2 days of posting from what I'm convinced is the same guy talking to himself given the tone, language, and that as sure as buses they always arrive in pairs.

As bad as FF are, they're still better than FG... and FG have only themselves and their more avid supporters to blame for that one.

Well done lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think at this stage the best time for the Indo to drip feed the report would be early September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

^This.
    He has a woeful track record of absolute nothingness.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    ^This.

Now that's not 100% accurate.

He had an excellent track record on speaking out on other sectors under other minister's control.

All arse and no trousers.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    ^This.

I suspect some of these guys were thinking along the lines of "Leo the gay, mixed race doctor with the classy mid-Atlantic accent will surely make a better taoiseach than Enda the bogger schoolteacher" but I doubt anyone is going to admit to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

I suspect some of these guys were thinking along the lines of "Leo the gay, mixed race doctor with the classy mid-Atlantic accent will surely make a better taoiseach than Enda the bogger schoolteacher" but I doubt anyone is going to admit to that.

Enda was a better Tasoieach....And this was the man who invented the "man with 2 pints" and "soldiers at the ATM's" stories. You could disagree with Enda, but i think most people viewed him as trying to do the best job he could.

Leo on the other hand has badly been found out. Being taoiseach is a box ticking exercise before he goes onto a great role in Europe.
    If he had any sense, he would have called a GE last year when he/FG were riding high in the polls. People,including many grassroots FG members, are sick of Leo. His handling of countless issues has been inept.

Any news from China this morning?

Mr Flash, if you're reading this, the young lad wants a mogwai, searched every pet shop I can think of in the Wickow and South Dublin area, seems China is my best bets.

Pm me, and I'll sort you out (have revolut/PayPal).

**Crosses fingers**

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Leo is on Newstalk now

Has bailey been mentioned yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

No, but the economy grew by 8.2% in 2018. But that's not important at all sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mattser wrote:

It would be if the thread was about the economy, but its not it's about the attempted fraud by one of his parties TD's he described as one of the better ones. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

It would be if the thread was about the economy, but its not it's about the attempted fraud by one of his parties TD's he described as one of the better ones. ;-)

The question was about what Leo was saying on the radio, not what a half dozen posters on a dead thread have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mattser wrote:
    The question was about what Leo was saying on the radio, not what a half dozen posters on a dead thread have to say.

Actually the question was about Bailey as posted above your reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

mattser wrote: »

You just accused me of being a layabout in another thread now your here defending Leo and his hiding fraudsters in his party.

Do you guys only have the one script or playbook?
    Seems that way. It’s awfully predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Any news from China this morning?

Mr Flash, if you're reading this, the young lad wants a mogwai, searched every pet shop I can think of in the Wickow and South Dublin area, seems China is my best bets.

Pm me, and I'll sort you out (have revolut/PayPal).

**Crosses fingers**

LOL, Didn't he/she say yesterday the Shenzhen flight is on Friday's? Perhaps, he/she is somewhere over Siberia ( assuming that's the flight path ) right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A dead thread? It's the #3 thread on Current Affairs, with 488,421 views.

And if it's a dead thread, why are you here?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

odyssey06 wrote: »
    A dead thread? It's the #3 thread on Current Affairs, with 488,421 views.

And if it's a dead thread, why are you here?
    Nothing to see here. Move along peasants. Our betters have done nothing wrong/ are too busy making ireland great to focus on issues such as insurance fraud by TD's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I wonder are insurance fraud numbers growing?

Any comment on the complete lack of ethics in the FG parliamentary party?

""Checks thread title**

Only got tuned in where leo was admitting that he got it wrong ref the children's hospital, and broadband.
    Anyone that caught the start, did he mention Kennedy's report he was due to make a statement on?

People don't care about insurance fraud within the government's "better TDs" it's the economy stupid.

Get up the yard Matty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

""Checks thread title**

Only got tuned in where leo was admitting that he got it wrong ref the children's hospital, and broadband.
    Anyone that caught the start, did he mention Kennedy's report he was due to make a statement on?

People don't care about insurance fraud within the government's "better TDs" it's the economy stupid.

Get up the yard Matty.

In all fairness I'd overlook him not commenting on the report until next week considering the circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement