Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Any video footage of Maria’s tumble?

Leo says he can't make it public cos it contravenes the new upskirting law:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This isn't the water gate scandal that you and a bunch of online cranks are about to blow wide open. It's a storm in a teacup that most people have already forgotten about.

One month later.

Terry and Theresa Taxpaper don't give a white shite about this story anymore. They're just looking forward to their week in the sun. Come September after the recess and when the body politic is back in action minds will be focussed on the looming brexit deadline and this sorry tale will be a distant memory.

The acts gone stale Paddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

One month later.

The acts gone stale Paddy.

Go easy Johnny he's just a wee intern reading from a script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The bould Maria getting a mention in the same article as the other chancer Farrell in yesterday's paper. Yeah Paddy everyone has forgotten...well everyone except the media lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I genuinely don't get why posters continue to engage with one lad talking to himself (yet again the 2 ID's show up within a few posts of each other), desperately trying to convince us that there's nothing to see here.

Wasting your time.

If you suspect a poster has multiple accounts, please report. Do not comment on thread.

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

If you want to discuss mod action, contact a mod directly, or raise a thread in the Help Desk. Do not discuss on thread.

I have already red carded you today for back seat moderating. Do not continue.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

No idea other than she is incapable of sitting on a swing without adult supervision.

And instructions, don't forget instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Paddy. Maybe you’ve heard of unintended consequences.

Perhaps if you didn’t respond saying the story was dead it would actually contribute to it dying.

Posting to say it is dead bumps the thread. More people see it.

Kind of self defeating yanno?

Except that the audience for this thread is quite small and full of people with fixed opinions.

blanch152 wrote:
    Except that the audience for this thread is quite small and full of people with fixed opinions.

That's why it is good that the media keeps highlighting the behaviour of TD's who engage in insurance fraud. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

blanch152 wrote: »

I doubt it is small......I read it most days but dont comment......I would say a good few do as well......

Fixed opinions maybe, mostly because the report was not released

• Registered Users Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

blanch152 wrote: »

498,201 and counting.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

odyssey06 wrote: »
    498,201 and counting.

I would guess that about 247,000 of them are the OP checking for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If you want to discuss mod action, contact a mod directly, or raise a thread in the Help Desk. Do not discuss on thread.

I have already red carded you today for back seat moderating. Do not continue.

dudara

It took me a minute to realise that was ventriliquism..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The media may have suspended reporting anything more about her out of sympathy and respect.

No doubt she is going through a very tough time right now.

But it won't mean the public have forgotten. September will come around and people won't have let this go, so while there a few popping up here telling us we're dragging it out etc.. Wait until September.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2aHXamM.jpg

Imagine the claim if she had fallen from this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

On any real world she wouldn’t be.
    But she will be. That won’t be until March at least and FG will assume people will have forgotten.
    Fair chance the indo are sitting on that report and have the video. And will drop both on the public between now and then
    They do have a number of female councillors in DL, who might be better alternatives. Even so it'll be down to numbers. If polling suggests she's a liability she'll go, if not they might take the risk. It will be more of a challenge next time though with all 4 seats in play. I doubt there will be any comment publicly on her status until we get closer to an election.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

RCK1 wrote: »

This guy should be getting a lot more stick in the press about his dodgy claim. In many ways Farrell's story is worse because he pursued it to the end and made money from it. Bailey was trying to defraud a successful business but Farrell went after 2 taxpayers (and their insurance company of course) and he was pretty nasty about it. The judge probably would have thrown out the case if he wasn't a TD.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This guy should be getting a lot more stick in the press about his dodgy claim. In many ways Farrell's story is worse because he pursued it to the end and made money from it. Bailey was trying to defraud a successful business but Farrell went after 2 taxpayers (and their insurance company of course) and he was pretty nasty about it. The judge probably would have thrown out the case if he wasn't a TD.

It was a rental from Hertz.
    Not that that makes him less of a **** but the victims probably had no consequences on their own (car)insurance from this if they took out the extra insurance.

is_that_so wrote: »
    They do have a number of female councillors in DL, who might be better alternatives. Even so it'll be down to numbers. If polling suggests she's a liability she'll go, if not they might take the risk. It will be more of a challenge next time though with all 4 seats in play. I doubt there will be any comment publicly on her status until we get closer to an election.

I'd believe that from fine gale, absolutely no ethics whatsoever.

inforfun wrote: »
    Not that that makes him less of a **** but the victims probably had no consequences on their own (car)insurance from this if they took out the extra insurance.

Yeah and he definitely saw the rental company as an easy target with lots of money. He abused his position.

• Advertisement

Yeah and he definitely saw the rental company as an easy target with lots of money. He abused his position.

And let's not forget the photos of the damage that he produced to back up his claim that were not from the incident in question.

If ever there was a case for the guards to look at, that should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just randomly flicking through the boob tube a few minutes ago and came across a BBC programme called Claimed and Shamed.

Whole premise is a programme based on call recordings and CCTV footage of fraudulent insurance claims.
    I wonder if Virgin Media would be interested in similar if we pitched it to them with this thread having a producer credit? :P

And let's not forget the photos of the damage that he produced to back up his claim that were not from the incident in question.

No way!?

The man is an absolute shyster so. He should be investigated.

Fine Gael will never live these cases down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

inforfun wrote: »

He was also the first FG TD out of the blocks to support Bailey after her interview. Be wondering does he have any self awareness at all.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    He was also the first FG TD out of the blocks to support Bailey after her interview. Be wondering does he have any self awareness at all.

A valued member of the FG parliamentary party.

One tap artist recognising another. They're going directly for our pockets with respect to insurance hikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If I was elected as a td I'd feel i hit the jackpot and would not feel the need to get up to compo shenanigans. I guess it's just embedded in people's DNA

If I was elected as a td I'd feel i hit the jackpot and would not feel the need to get up to compo shenanigans. I guess it's just embedded in people's DNA

There was a FG senator on the radio a couple of days ago whinging 66k a year is not enough. FG seems to attract a certain type. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

He also tried to give his heavily pregnant wife his council seat and when he was told he couldn't (FG wouldn't allow him), he hired her as his parliamentary assistant.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-td-hires-wife-as-aide-after-council-bid-fails-26716863.html
    She took her maternity leave shortly after, and the maximum allowed which I believe was 18 weeks + 8 weeks back then. Roughly 6½ months. In certain circumstances it could even be raised to 15 months, but no idea how long she took in the end. Probably easily found.
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/td-alan-farrells-staffing-arrangements-under-fire-27810009.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

He really is a scumbag trying to game the system in any way he can just as bad as the serial litigants from the thriving ethnic community

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement