Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

No way!?

The man is an absolute shyster so. He should be investigated.

Fine Gael will never live these cases down.

Oh yeah, way.
    Photographs presented in Alan Farrell’s injuries compo case showed damage to his car which happened after Fine Gael TD’s whiplash accident
    TD's car was involved in a second prang which caused damage to his car and his engineer told the court the Fine Gael deputy had told him the car was in a subsequent accident, not linked to the personal injury claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That must be a criminal move to purposefully give false evidence, fraudulent at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

blanch152 wrote: »
    I would guess that about 247,000 of them are the OP checking for updates.

What an outlandish claim. Reminds me of the time you claimed that Michael D. Higgins is "a danger to humanity" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What an outlandish claim. Reminds me of the time you claimed that Michael D. Higgins is "a danger to humanity" :rolleyes:

really?? blimey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Suckit wrote: »
    He also tried to give his heavily pregnant wife his council seat and when he was told he couldn't (FG wouldn't allow him), he hired her as his parliamentary assistant.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-td-hires-wife-as-aide-after-council-bid-fails-26716863.html
    She took her maternity leave shortly after, and the maximum allowed which I believe was 18 weeks + 8 weeks back then. Roughly 6½ months. In certain circumstances it could even be raised to 15 months, but no idea how long she took in the end. Probably easily found.
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/td-alan-farrells-staffing-arrangements-under-fire-27810009.html

He has nothing on the gangsters from Kerry

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/more-wheels-added-to-the-healy-rae-political-machine-1.3905092

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/healyraes-strongly-reject-all-charges-of-double-standards-34557665.html

Just google and you will find lots and lots of links....all of them ripping off the Irish people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He has nothing on the gangsters from Kerry

Ah, most of them are, yep. Not taking anything away from that, but those guys are seasoned.

Alan Farrells first move in his first month of sitting as a junior TD was to do all that shit.
    That's before he even began to play around with what he could get away with. He didn't even question himself.
    Luckily for us I don't believe he'll ever get in again, but can you imagine the crap that lad would be trying in years to come. He has some neck on him, fobbing the press off etc. when he wasn't a wet week in the place.
    I'd wager he would be more than capable of putting those in Kerry to shame in terms of what he would be willing to do for an extra few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

That must be a criminal move to purposefully give false evidence, fraudulent at least?

I would think it should at least be reported and investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There was a FG senator on the radio a couple of days ago whinging 66k a year is not enough. FG seems to attract a certain type. ;-)

66k wouldn't be enough.... for those hours , however the expenses and perks and pensions more than make up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

66k wouldn't be enough.... for those hours , however the expenses and perks and pensions more than make up for it

A senators job is part time. They do not have a constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nor do they have to turn up.

They could even live in Chicago. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote:
    They could even live in Chicago. Imagine that.

Another genius idea by Enda. Although would he claim for mileage if he did or just the flight?. Knowing the quality of politician FG attracts probably claim for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

There was a FG senator on the radio a couple of days ago whinging 66k a year is not enough. FG seems to attract a certain type. ;-)

Not intentionally derailing the thread but have you a link to the podcast?

seligehgit wrote:
    Not intentionally derailing the thread but have you a link to the podcast?

Apologies I don't but someone else maybe able to provide one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

JeffKenna wrote: »
    inforfun wrote: »
    It was a rental from Hertz.
    Not that that makes him less of a **** but the victims probably had no consequences on their own (car)insurance from this if they took out the extra insurance.

Yeah and he definitely saw the rental company as an easy target with lots of money. He abused his position.
    Yeah and he definitely saw the rental company as an easy target with lots of money. He abused his position.

And let's not forget the photos of the damage that he produced to back up his claim that were not from the incident in question.

If ever there was a case for the guards to look at, that should be it.
    He was also the first FG TD out of the blocks to support Bailey after her interview. Be wondering does he have any self awareness at all.

It's just arrogance and a class that thinks they are above everyone else. I'd be confident enough it's not only insurance where these guys are acting unethically.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

A valued member of the FG parliamentary party.

Unfortunately he s my local TD and has that full entitled aggragant attitude going for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Except that the audience for this thread is quite small and full of people with fixed opinions.

As I type, 500,795 views, an increase of over 2,500 on this time approximately yesterday.

Hope that plane from Schenzhen lands soon, your side kick must be on it, as he has disappeared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Leo Varadkar on the Sean O Rourke programme on RTE Radio 1 now. I wonder what the chances of him being questioned about this issue are?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

General election in spring.
    Bailey is gonna be a huge albatross for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Except that the audience for this thread is quite small and full of people with fixed opinions.

bagdad-bob.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Leo getting a grilling on Sean O'Rourke atm. Let's see if he gets grilled on Maria.

• Advertisement

Next week he says.

Let’s see.

Refuses to say if she’ll be sanctioned and Satisfied Madigan isn’t involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Leo getting a grilling on Sean O'Rourke atm. Let's see if he gets grilled on Maria.
    I just caught the end 10 minutes . I think he is a new age Bertie Aherne .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Next week he says.

Let’s see.

Refuses to say if she’ll be sanctioned and Satisfied Madigan isn’t involved.

Next week there will be huge media attention on the new British Prime Minister and more Brexit talks. Seems to me that Leo is hoping his announcement (if there is one) will get buried as a news story.

Bullocks wrote:
    I just caught the end 10 minutes . I think he is a new age Bertie Aherne .

Aherne was not stupid or arrogant enough to allow something like this to drag on for nearly two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Next week there will be huge media attention on the new British Prime Minister and more Brexit talks. Seems to me that Leo is hoping his announcement (if there is one) will get buried as a news story.

Bingo.

Leo Varadkar on the Sean O Rourke programme on RTE Radio 1 now. I wonder what the chances of him being questioned about this issue are?

He was barely asked. O'Rourke hasn't the balls,PK is the man for the job. Government and rte are hand in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭elperello

He was barely asked. O'Rourke hasn't the balls,PK is the man for the job. Government and rte are hand in hand

I think given the reason he advanced for delaying the announcement of any sanction S0'R had little option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

SOR is one of the finest interviewers this country has. He didn't asked because he knows no one gives a sh1te.

SOR is one of the finest interviewers this country has. He didn't asked because he knows no one gives a sh1te.

Except you and the other minions.

• Advertisement

He was asked though.
    Sean asked him three or four questions on it.

Were you not listening?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement