Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SOR is one of the finest interviewers this country has. He didn't asked because he knows no one gives a sh1te.

What?

Did you miss the interview? Did you miss Leo stuttering his kick to touch answer to 'will there be sanctions?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

SOR is one of the finest interviewers this country has. He didn't asked because he knows no one gives a sh1te.

I suppose the other two will be along shortly to thank you and offer their own pearls of wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Aherne was not stupid or arrogant enough to allow something like this to drag on for nearly two months.

100%

Whatever else can be said about Fianna Fail leadership up until Cowan...
    One cannot say they were not a cabaal of shrewd, duplicitous but darkly talented political operators.

FG have a tendency to lean towards chancers.
    In my memory barring Dukes and Fitzgerald, I'd be very hard pressed to name a member of Fine Gaels upper echelon who has ever struck me as a honest or at least ethical.

Varadkar, well he has very much been exposed as style over substance.
    Hot air, bluster and spin with no actual accountability or responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,970 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

banie01 wrote: »
    Varadkar, well he has very much been exposed as style over substance.
    Hot air, bluster and spin with no actual accountability or responsibility.

Amazing novelty socks though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The 11th commandment in Irish politics is ‘don’t get caught’.

FG aren’t nearly as good as FF were at not getting caught.
    Nor as good at getting away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yeah that interview with Maria was epic tbf Paddy.

It's time you started firing the script writer lad (preferably with balls of his or her own dung)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Your a week early Paddy, the comedy festival starts this day next week in the Iveagh Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Leo getting a grilling on Sean O'Rourke atm. Let's see if he gets grilled on Maria.

Grilling !!!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Leo Varadkar on the Sean O Rourke programme on RTE Radio 1 now. I wonder what the chances of him being questioned about this issue are?

To be honest I think it's still too close to the funeral of John Bailey. He was only buried on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Dammo

Jesus that interview!! It’s beyond unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It’s not going away for you Paddy. Still very topical. Always mentioned with regards to the claims culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,553 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah that interview with Maria was epic tbf Paddy.

It's time you started firing the script writer lad (preferably with balls of his or her own dung)
    Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean!!!
    Sure your only talking 6 or 7 thousand euro!

Amazing...what an absolute disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭mike_cork

gmisk wrote: »

"My humanity was crossed Sean" :confused:
    Gold

mike_cork wrote: »
    "My humanity was crossed Sean" :confused:
    Gold

Pity it wasn't crossed by a lorry.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭mike_cork

The lads who think this kind of carry on by Bailey and Farrell wont affect them at election time are deluded- These 2 chancers will be remembered by your average voter when they get their inflated insurance quotes in the the door.
    Baileys interview, besides being tone deaf/comedy gold, must go down as one of the worst car crash interviews in irish history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I'd welcome a Stalinesque style purge of Irish politics. Round them up in the wee small hours and a one way trip to Siberia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Pity it wasn't crossed by a lorry.;)

Wishing for someone to be hit by a lorry. Lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m sure thered be a claim in it. You’d be all for that though right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dammo wrote: »
    Jesus that interview!! It’s beyond unbelievable.
    Talk about having zero clue of the optics and how she might come across. She has a neck on her as hard as a jockey's bollocks. Then again she is an Irish politician and having engaged with a fair number down the years from all sides of the political sphere that seems to be a congenital condition for the majority of them. That and a deep sense of entitlement. Of the politicians I've met that stuck me as being different on this score, every man jack of them was an independent or on the fringe.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Where did you get that from wacker ?

The spinner doctor's in FG are really scraping the barrel now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I thought one of the “selling points” of varadkar was he was good at the media etc etc media savvy

He was Effin woeful this morning

Stuttering and scuttering and stammering throughout

Sniggering inappropriately, nervous as befcuked in case he puts foot in it

Useless !!

Increasingly clear that

Fg backed the wrong horse (and ironically the members wanted Coveney not LV)

And ff are happy to let him swing in the wind as his party’s ratings continue to drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Wibbs wrote: »
    Talk about having zero clue of the optics and how she might come across. She has a neck on her as hard as a jockey's bollocks. Then again she is an Irish politician and having engaged with a fair number down the years from all sides of the political sphere that seems to be a congenital condition for the majority of them. That and a deep sense of entitlement. Of the politicians I've met that stuck me as being different on this score, every man jack of them was an independent or on the fringe.

It's entitlement and arrogance, Fine Gael traits. My local FG'er wanted to turn the only parish youth club into a swimming pool, (no more indoor soccer, no drama club etc.). Doesn't sound too bad...but her estate had a private youth club where people from neighbouring estates weren't welcome unless vouched for and she held the keys to the parish club she wanted to turn into a pool. She was told were to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I thought one of the “selling points” of varadkar was he was good at the media etc etc media savvy

He was Effin woeful this morning

Stuttering and scuttering and stammering throughout

Sniggering inappropriately, nervous as befcuked in case he puts foot in it

Useless !!

Increasingly clear that

Fg backed the wrong horse (and ironically the members wanted Coveney not LV)

And ff are happy to let him swing in the wind as his party’s ratings continue to drop

The stuttering is an old Bertie trick. It enables them time to think and come across all man on the street. When they've a smart arse answer in their pocket they're very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

And let's not forget the photos of the damage that he produced to back up his claim that were not from the incident in question.

If ever there was a case for the guards to look at, that should be it.

The judge probably made the nominal award so it wouldnt be classed as fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Take the other one....RTÉ are shower of puppets for the government....even the Bailey interview SOR spent the whole time trying to help her only she was too stupid....stick either of her or Leo the kitten with someone who would do a proper interview and both would fail dramatically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Aah now PPL, what planet you on? NO ONE gives a sh1te? How come there are over HALF MILLION views on this thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Just listened to SOR & Leo. I'm a former fan that's been very disappointed over Maria Bailey. I thought SOR was soft enough and Leo did OK. Didn't hear all the mumbling that people mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

gmisk wrote: »

The bit that cracked me up was every time she opened her poisoned gob and replied with ‘SEan, you know me, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Aah now PPL, what planet you on? NO ONE gives a sh1te? How come there are over HALF MILLION views on this thread???

Because there are a dedicated group of cranks eagerly hitting F5 like an 80s teenager playing space invaders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Because there are a dedicated group of cranks eagerly hitting F5 like an 80s teenager playing space invaders.

Can you explain the media's interest in the story? Even made the paper again this week. Cranks on the net is one thing but a national newspaper is another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement