Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Because there are a dedicated group of cranks eagerly hitting F5 like an 80s teenager playing space invaders.

Only crank ive seen around here is you paddy. For a poster who claims nothing to see here....you seem awfully interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mike_cork wrote:
    Only crank ive seen around here is you paddy. For a poster who claims nothing to see here....you seem awfully interested.

Ah Johhnyflash and Emmettspiceland will be disappointed at not making the cut.

One if not both are in China at the moment so are otherwise engaged no doubt :P

mike_cork wrote:
    One if not both are in China at the moment so are otherwise engaged no doubt

Funny that the lad that claimed to be in China was in the chippy having battered sausages two days earlier, do you think maybe he was lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

mike_cork wrote:
    One if not both are in China at the moment so are otherwise engaged no doubt

Funny that the lad that claimed to be in China was in the chippy having battered sausages two days earlier, do you think maybe he was lying?
    They are a delicacy over there I believe ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Take the other one....RTÉ are shower of puppets for the government....even the Bailey interview SOR spent the whole time trying to help her only she was too stupid....stick either of her or Leo the kitten with someone who would do a proper interview and both would fail dramatically

Would have thought Bailey did fail dramatically....O'Rourke could see the hole she was digging and held off destroying her entirely.

Use a bit of common sense pal ..if O'Rourke subjected her to a really filleting interview he would have difficulty in getting polls to com on his show...and he needs that to happen !

O'Rourke is well able to do a proper interview...his expertise was just giving her enough rope to produce the epic fail !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Because there are a dedicated group of cranks eagerly hitting F5 like an 80s teenager playing space invaders.

Sixteen minutes between my comment and your retort. You seem to be living on this thread.....Someone in FG paying youth lurk here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I thought one of the “selling points” of varadkar was he was good at the media etc etc media savvy

He was Effin woeful this morning

Stuttering and scuttering and stammering throughout

Sniggering inappropriately, nervous as befcuked in case he puts foot in it

Useless !!

Increasingly clear that

Fg backed the wrong horse (and ironically the members wanted Coveney not LV)

And ff are happy to let him swing in the wind as his party’s ratings continue to drop

Not another red cent !! Remember that one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Your a week early Paddy, the comedy festival starts this day next week in the Iveagh Gardens.

One thing this country needs is a Vincent Browne, Varadkar wouldn’ Last 5 minutes with Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

One thing this country needs is a Vincent Browne, Varadkar wouldn’ Last 5 minutes with Vincent.

Veruka wouldn't get into the ring with VB. He knows VB would make him look like a bumbling clown (which is what he is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Vincent Browne would have that bluffer turned upside down in about 30 seconds flat.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Johnny bought his donkey in China.

giphy.gif

Buy cheap, buy twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Would have thought Bailey did fail dramatically....O'Rourke could see the hole she was digging and held off destroying her entirely.

Use a bit of common sense pal ..if O'Rourke subjected her to a really filleting interview he would have difficulty in getting polls to com on his show...and he needs that to happen !

O'Rourke is well able to do a proper interview...his expertise was just giving her enough rope to produce the epic fail !

Pal????

She did fail but not because of the presentor....she done it on her own

He didn't have to fillet her, what that is supposed to mean....she went to the radio station.....all he had to do was ask the same question "why 60k?" and a few others....but he backed off and started talking about what a great party FG are.....another plonker in RTE, the sooner that place goes bust the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Vincent Browne would have that bluffer turned upside down in about 30 seconds flat.

I used to rate Vincent Browne, but after a short while I realised he wasn't a tough, incisive interviewer, but would just angrily talk over the guest in an unproductive way. I think he's very overrated. Soft as SOR was today, I think he's better.

boombang wrote:
    I used to rate Vincent Browne, but after a short while I realised he wasn't a tough, incisive interviewer, but would just angrily talk over the guest in an unproductive way. I think he's very overrated. Soft as SOR was today, I think he's better.

I remember Brown asking the lad from the EU why the Irish were expected to shoulder so much of the banking burden, made the EU lad look like a fool. I don't think anyone in RTE would have done the same tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

boombang wrote: »

Ah will you stop. Brown kept asking the hard questions and making the blunt statements. It was the idiot politicians that couldn't answer them. He only got annoyed when they waffled and that was most of the time.

Fine Gael TDs stopped going on the VB show because they were afraid of him. He ripped so many of them to shreds. Labour TDs were a bit braver and cuter. Enda was in total fear of VB and avoided him at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Pal????

She did fail but not because of the presentor....she done it on her own
    He didn't have to fillet her, what that is supposed to mean

To fillet in an interview means to to comprehensively destroy the person you are
    interviewing...he didn't have to do that as she"done" it herself...as you rightly point out.
    she went to the radio station.....all he had to do was ask the same question "why 60k?" and a few others....but he backed off and started talking about what a great party FG are.....another plonker in RTE, the sooner that place goes bust the better

O'Rourke is a good professional broadcaster ..plenty of plonkers in RTE but he is not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ah will you stop. Brown kept asking the hard questions and making the blunt statements. It was the idiot politicians that couldn't answer them. He only got annoyed when they waffled and that was most of the time.

Fine Gael TDs stopped going on the VB show because they were afraid of him. He ripped so many of them to shreds. Labour TDs were a bit braver and cuter. Enda was in total fear of VB and avoided him at all costs.

Thanks for saving typing.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Hectoring people isn't necessarily getting to the truth of the matter. I realised this quickly and stopped listening to VB.

I think the problem is more that we have so few good broadcasters in Ireland that would actually give a politician any trouble. Vincent looked good in comparison to all the dross. As flawed as he is, he's still streets ahead of Mary Wilson or Claire Byrne.

This enrages me as I think we're more than capable of producing great journalists that would keep calm and expose BS effectively without shouting people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Did Vincent Brown not tell Enda to go away and kill himself? I'm far from a FG shill but I wouldn't blame Enda for not going near him after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Did Vincent Brown not tell Enda to go away and kill himself? I'm far from a FG shill but I wouldn't blame Enda for not going near him after that.

He didnt go near any debate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

JeffKenna wrote: »
    He said he should go into a dark room with a gun and a bottle of whiskey.
    But Kenny avoided any debate, just used VB's comments as an excuse to avoid his ones. Enda has fairly thick skin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/feb/08/enda-kenny-television-debate
    https://www.thejournal.ie/poll-is-enda-kenny-right-to-refuse-to-take-part-in-debate-with-vincent-browne-447450-May2012/
    https://www.thejournal.ie/enda-kenny-debate-1104996-Sep2013/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/paddy-is-getting-impatient-waiting-for-enda-to-be-frank-1.1949781

Didn't Leo say yesterday he was satisfied Madigan had no part in Bailey's screw up?

Didn't Leo say yesterday he was satisfied Madigan had no part in Bailey's screw up?

Nothing to see here, move along. Maybe go to china on holidays to hang out with the other lads on this forum :pac:

mike_cork wrote:
    Nothing to see here, move along. Maybe go to china on holidays to hang out with the other lads on this forum

This forum is good for a laugh, but as I told Paddy yesterday he can call everyone who posts here cranks on the net. The problem for Paddy and more worryingly for FG is the national media is not letting this go. Drip feed is what this is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

mike_cork wrote: »
    Nothing to see here, move along. Maybe go to china on holidays to hang out with the other lads on this forum :pac:

Back from China a fair while lads. Down in Killarney this week at the races. Staying in a nice spot down here. Probably out of the budget of some of the more regular posters around here.

Back from China a fair while lads. Down in Killarney this week at the races. Staying in a nice spot down here. Probably out of the budget of some of the more regular posters around here.
    And who says FG arent men of the people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wait, now I remember you. Weren't you in a movie about 6 years ago about this guy who worked as a photo developer for a magazine? :rolleyes:

The one constant thing about FG supporters I've noticed over the years is the constant inference that anyone who criticises their chosen party is unemployed/a waster/SF supporter/lower in the social order, and so their opinion doesn't matter.

Well I'm fully employed in the financial services/MNC sector and "get up early in the morning", earn enough to put me in the top percentages - but then lose nearly half of it again in taxation and charges for very little benefit as I pay again for things like health care and my son's "free" education, and have never claimed for anything save for 12 months when I was out of work during the crash.

In short, I should probably be a key demographic for FG but their gross incompetence, corruption, waste and overriding arrogance despite it all means they'll never get my vote, nor will I be taken in by the spin from the worst Taoiseach in living memory (and that's some achievement after Enda!), or characters like you insisting there's nothing to see here and using obvious deflection and baiting attempts to derail the discussion.

Well I'm not fooled Johnny, and I doubt anyone else here is either. And ye can say that these complaints are limited to "cranks" on social media - but unfortunately the recent poll results and locals would suggest that they go far wider than just Boards and Twitter/Facebook

But keep up the good work anyway.. If nothing else it's a great example for others of how FG and their supporters view dissenting opinions and the electorate in general.

No wonder FF are largely sitting back and watching their polls rise. Ye and Leo are doing all the work for them, which also fits the historical pattern of course - FG are only ever in power until they remind us all that they're even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Wait, now I remember you. Weren't you in a movie about 6 years ago about this guy who worked as a photo developer for a magazine? :rolleyes:

The one constant thing about FG supporters I've noticed over the years is the constant inference that anyone who criticises their chosen party is unemployed/a waster/SF supporter/lower in the social order, and so their opinion doesn't matter.

Well I'm fully employed in the financial services/MNC sector and "get up early in the morning", earn enough to put me in the top percentages - but then lose nearly half of it again in taxation and charges for very little benefit as I pay again for things like health care and my son's "free" education, and have never claimed for anything save for 12 months when I was out of work during the crash.

In short, I should probably be a key demographic for FG but their gross incompetence, corruption, waste and overriding arrogance despite it all means they'll never get my vote, nor will I be taken in by the spin from the worst Taoiseach in living memory (and that's some achievement after Enda!), or characters like you insisting there's nothing to see here and using obvious deflection and baiting attempts to derail the discussion.

Well I'm not fooled Johnny, and I doubt anyone else here is either. And ye can say that these complaints are limited to "cranks" on social media - but unfortunately the recent poll results and locals would suggest that they go far wider than just Boards and Twitter/Facebook

But keep up the good work anyway.. If nothing else it's a great example for others of how FG and their supporters view dissenting opinions and the electorate in general.

No wonder FF are largely sitting back and watching their polls rise. Ye and Leo are doing all the work for them, which also fits the historical pattern of course - FG are only ever in power until they remind us all that they're even worse!

You’re a FF supporter, Kaiser. No harm in that at all, compadre, but at least be honest about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement