Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Who exactly is she off the hook with though?

Not with the voters hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'm very curious as to how Kate O'Connell feels about all this. She is another one of Fine Gaels leading ladies and yet it is her brother in Lw Hugh O'Connell who broke and is running with the story. Surely its causing tensions somewhere, on which side is the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ChikiChiki wrote:
    I'm very curious as to how Kate O'Connell feels about all this. She is another one of Fine Gaels leading ladies and yet it is her brother in Lw Hugh O'Connell who broke and is running with the story. Surely its causing tensions somewhere, on which side is the question?

Didn't she change her profile pic on FB, the one with Maria Bailey in it? Politicians have the loyalty of a scorpion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Can’t believe FG conduct an inquiry on themselves and what do you know sure nobody did anything wrong at all. In fact everyone behaved impeccably!

Well done FG for clearing that up......did anybody expect anything different?

BENDYBINN wrote:
    Can’t believe FG conduct an inquiry on themselves and what do you know sure nobody did anything wrong at all. In fact everyone behaved impeccably!

Funny thing is what Hugh O Connell put in today's Indo didn't do them any favours. Bailey claimed she was told she had an open and shut case. It was confirmed that Madigan prepared her case for PIAB. The report hasn't made a finding on Bailey yet but I think I can hear a bus engine starting......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Yep its actually hard to fathom.
    3 Fine Gael TDs up to their necks in it.

Humanity has been crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This is a BS statement

Asked if there will be a sanction he said: "I don’t want to announce that on the radio out of respect to Maria and her family

In other words he hoped it would go away, tried to cover it up and it won't so he will come out with some cock and bull story that he has done XYZ and hopes it goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    This is a BS statement

Asked if there will be a sanction he said: "I don’t want to announce that on the radio out of respect to Maria and her family

In other words he hoped it would go away, tried to cover it up and it won't so he will come out with some cock and bull story that he has done XYZ and hopes it goes away

Which still leave Farrell sitting pretty on the Fine Gael parliamentary party gravy train.

I wonder how many other FG'rs have feathered their own nests at our expense and weren't quite as thick as these two and got away with it.

So far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Hugh tweeted a text from a FG td today slating Murphy. Kate cannot stand Murphy which is one of her most redeemable features. I wonder is it too obvious it came from her?

Which still leave Farrell sitting pretty on the Fine Gael parliamentary party gravy train.

He was a sitting TD before his fraudulent behaviour came to light, his re-election may not be guaranteed. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

He was a sitting TD before his fraudulent behaviour came to light, his re-election may not be guaranteed. ;-)
    I don't bet, but in this instance I'm closer than I have ever been, and my bet would be that he doesn't get back in.
    I work around a lot of his constituencies, he is very unpopular, even with the FG crowd.
    Timing was the only reason he got in.
    A chap called Sean Dolphin was sitting in local council and left, leaving the seat open for Farrell. Then when running for TD, first time it was when FF and the Greens were destroyed and most hadn't a clue who he was, just happy he wasn't them. Then he was the only FG seat I think, or something to do with James Reilly in the next election...
    I would bet a tidy sum on Farrell not getting in again, but not sure I would get that great odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Back from China a fair while lads. Down in Killarney this week at the races. Staying in a nice spot down here. Probably out of the budget of some of the more regular posters around here.

WTH needs Killarney when they are basking in the sun in Portugal?

Pedro K wrote: »
    I'm currently working as a research scientist. I wonder if, by Johnny's criteria, I'm allowed to criticise FG without being branded some kind of layabout. Because there is an awful lot to criticise FG about. (And lest he assume so, I'm not a FF supporter either. I don't subscribe to any single party)

SEEing as people are laying their cards on the table, I am a lifetime Labour (liebour) supporter. But after what they did and said since the lovein with Kenny/FG NEVER again. Now? I really hope the SD’s get their act together.

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Originally Posted by mikeymouse View Post
    If Bailey says Madigan only processed the claim form,and had no other input,
    then Madigan is off the hook,even if she was in the 'swing'group on cctv.

From report in today's Indo;Link

The report says that FG conducted the probe"......say no more

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They will be absolutely destroyed in the next election.
    By whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

is_that_so wrote: »
    By whom?

The insurance paying electorate.

The insurance paying electorate.

Apart from FF who will they vote for? It is them or FG for the bulk of FPs. The tide is going out on SF/PBP and some Indos. SDs are moribund and only Labour and the Greens may pick up seats. As I've said more than once on this thread I think she will be dropped and the problem to an extent goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I still can't get over the whole
    'The public can't and won't be seeing the review, that's not the done thing here' followed by 'Josepha looked really good in the review, she's definitely in the clear.'
    (not a direct quote, but does it really matter at this stage?)

Fine Gall.

Sure they may as well have told us that the review also showed the Dean manager kicking poor Maria when she was on the floor, and her handing over all of her money.
    What difference would it make, we're never going to see it... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

is_that_so wrote: »
    Apart from FF who will they vote for? It is them or FG for the bulk of FPs. The tide is going out on SF/PBP and some Indos. SDs are moribund and only Labour and the Greens may pick up seats. As I've said more than once on this thread I think she will be dropped and the problem to an extent goes away.
    Pretty much agree with all that.
    The only party i would consider for voting for outside of FG are the SD's but would need to read more on their economic policies.
    (I wish i had a better alternative to to FG).
    If they have any sense they will drop Bailey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

golfball37 wrote: »
    Hugh tweeted a text from a FG td today slating Murphy. Kate cannot stand Murphy which is one of her most redeemable features. I wonder is it too obvious it came from her?

Highly likely I would say. And lets not forget this tweet after the SOR interview along the same lines.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1132939009368444928

In fairness to Kate O'Connell, she seems very ambitious and is probably getting increasingly frustrated working with a bunch of incompetent half-wits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

For the amigos who keep inferring there's "nothing to see here" the "threads dead" and "only cranks are interested in it now".....

Now, according to this morning's Irish Times Leo is apparently set to announce that Bailey will lose the whip.

Took the guts of two months in fairness, long enough for all kinds of skeletons to be revealed and insurance fraud tales to be likened to.

Simple question lads, keeping the above in mind, when that story breaks next week, do you think this thread and or story will further die off, and no want will want to discuss it?

Answers on a postcard please, lads.:)

For the amigos who keep inferring there's "nothing to see here" the "threads dead" and "only cranks are interested in it now".....

Now, according to this morning's Irish Times Leo is apparently set to announce that Bailey will lose the whip.

Took the guts of two months in fairness, long enough for all kinds of skeletons to be revealed and insurance fraud tales to be likened to.

Simple question lads, keeping the above in mind, when that story breaks next week, do you think this thread and or story will further die off, and no want will want to discuss it?

Keep it going till the whole lot are fired out of government

Leo the kitten has shown he is incapable of running the party let alone the country. He had his chance to deal with it swiftly but thought he could sweep it under the carpet and move on.

If it was once you could give him another chance but it is a common theme with him now, children hospital, broadband etc etc.....he is useless....even keep inFG but dump Leo....

Plus this is only a lay low for a few weeks and then we will get you back in, it’s more or less tell the public something to get them to shut up and we will continue as is, bet they don’t even replace her as whip....load of rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Looks like we aren't cranks after all.
    I look forward to Johnny flash et al reading this mornings news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Keep it going till the whole lot are fired out of government

Leo the kitten has shown he is incapable of running the party let alone the country. He had his chance to deal with it swiftly but thought he could sweep it under the carpet and move on.

If it was once you could give him another chance but it is a common theme with him now, children hospital, broadband etc etc.....he is useless....even keep inFG but dump Leo....

Plus this is only a lay low for a few weeks and then we will get you back in, it’s more or less tell the public something to get them to shut up and we will continue as is, bet they don’t even replace her as whip....load of rubbish

Her dad died 2 weeks ago, wud be pretty cruel to sack her during the whole funeral etc!!

I’m very surprised as I’m sure most are that he is doing this, everyone was saying she wud stay on in FG and he wud try make it go away.

Still pretty useless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I'm sorry to hear about her father and personal loss but it dosn't excuse her lies and abuse of /via the insurance claim. I half heartedly read last night that the party dosn't blame her for any loss of votes/face during the election. Talk about shooting yourself in the collective foot. Its not just gaurds that are at it so. Total waste of space. And this on the even of the demise of the bouncy castle industry as their industry federation (!!) cannot get insurance because of claims -I wonder how many were like hers -fraudelent and based on lies. You couldn't make it up.

lola85 wrote: »
    Her dad died 2 weeks ago, wud be pretty cruel to sack her during the whole funeral etc!!

I’m very surprised as I’m sure most are that he is doing this, everyone was saying she wud stay on in FG and he wud try make it go away.

Still pretty useless though.

She did the interview on 27th of May, It should have been resolved that week, not 2 months later

To be hard her father passing really has nothing to do with this and I don’t think it should be mentioned at all

This is about her professional life and not her personal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

seligehgit wrote: »

It will continue to get worse

The judges need to be reviewed as well

I am laughing at Facebook and all the crooked legal companies now doing sponsored ads to tell how bad the insurance companies are and it’s not the solicitors.......

If we had a decent leader he would do something, not f**k around for 2 months on some internal review while not actually doing anything in those 2 months to resolve the issue

He is so bloody useless it is laughable now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

So if the report recommends she lose the whip I have two main questions:
    1. What does it say about the legal advise she got that it was an "open and shut case"
    2. Alan Farrell came out and defended her. What does it say about his character?

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    So if the report recommends she lose the whip I have two main questions:
    1. What does it say about the legal advise she got that it was an "open and shut case"
    2. Alan Farrell came out and defended her. What does it say about his character?
    The report didn't recommend anything. It just looked into the details and reported its conclusions. Any decisions are down to Varadkar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement