Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Didn't Madigan do well , she only looks like an ambulance chaser.

She must like that look, she said herself “having read the report in full, I am very satisfied with what it says pertaining to me”

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

JPCN1 wrote: »
    The ancient festival of Puck Fair has to run a Go Fund Me Page to raise the money to cover the Insurance... Day after day week after week this nonsense continues with Judges and solicitors giving and demanding huge sums for trivial injuries like Bailey.

My own car insurance has doubled over the last 7 years with no claims and a similar vehicle. I'm quite sure this is familiar to most of you and business owners, medical practitioners etc are being hit much worse.

It looks like Leo has decided to throw everyone under the bus so as not to ruffle the feathers of the legal profession. If Bailey runs under the FG banner at the next election FG will lose power and the writing will be on the wall for LV.

I saw that alright. How sustainable is that, a bloody Go Fund Me page to pay for insurance costs?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Balanadan wrote:
    I saw that alright. How sustainable is that, a bloody Go Fund Me page to pay for insurance costs?!

Who knows by the time of the next renewal we may actually have a government willing to tackle the claim culture and fraudsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Was a Mary Harney a few years back that actually got some control over the insurance industry. There was a couple of years where car insurance actually came down for everyone.
    Didn't last long though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

JPCN1 wrote: »
    The ancient festival of Puck Fair has to run a Go Fund Me Page to raise the money to cover the Insurance... Day after day week after week this nonsense continues with Judges and solicitors giving and demanding huge sums for trivial injuries like Bailey.

My own car insurance has doubled over the last 7 years with no claims and a similar vehicle. I'm quite sure this is familiar to most of you and business owners, medical practitioners etc are being hit much worse.

It looks like Leo has decided to throw everyone under the bus so as not to ruffle the feathers of the legal profession. If Bailey runs under the FG banner at the next election FG will lose power and the writing will be on the wall for LV.

Needs to be tackled quick. The soul and life is being sucked out of the country. Ireland will become a very depressing place.

I am frightened to think of the damage this is doing to the tourism industry which many rural communities rely on to survive.

Leo the the fool is basically saying "Save the party, **** the country" That would actually make a decent tongue in cheek hashtag to get trending. Pressure needs to be upped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

is_that_so wrote: »
    To retain her seat she needs to be selected and elected. Neither of those things can be predicted at this point. She could be very popular in DL and very electable despite the offence that seems to cause other people.

She has already been selected as a candidate for the next general election.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

There is no rule stating that she can`t be deselected, The question is will the FG hierarchy actually do it? Based on events since this issue arose I would have serious doubts that they will.

Doesn't it just show you the contempt FG has for the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Can't see her winning a seat so if they have sense they'll drop her. Think a lot of FG members won't even vote for her. Currently they hold 3 of 4 and this will go down to 1 after next election.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

banie01 wrote: »
    I'd love to know what Horse trading was done to ensure that after she loses the whip that she still votes with minority FG government?

I made a comment a few weeks ago that a senatorship was likely the outcome of this as long as Bailey kept her mouth shut.
    I was half joking at the time, now though...
    I think it's going to be a senatorship or a cushy quango seat...

The Senate indeed. Enda/FG pretended to want to abolish the Seanad but Enda made a balls of the referendum. Then Enda promised to 'reform' the Seanad but did absolutely nothing. Zero vision as usual. From that point on Fine Gael popped all their popular members and friends into the Seanad when they lost a seat or whatever. More Fine Gael hypocrisy and cronyism. And yes, utter contempt for the electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If the Irish people put FF back in then they deserve all they get.

The fact FF still exist is an indictment of the population as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Meanwhile the closure of viable businesses due to insurance costs looks set to get even worse

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/thousands-of-jobs-at-risk-after-main-insurer-for-leisure-sector-pulls-out-38329493.html

There is going to be a lot of business owners who voted for FG in the last election and are now seething with anger at them. Imagine your business going to the wall because of rising insurance costs while the party you voted for contains an ambulance chaser and two insurance fraudsters and a 'leader' who tries to sweep it all under the carpet. Fine Gael are literally shafting their own electorate, this will come back to bite them hard.

Johnny/paddy, any comment? Or (Johnny ) you too busy making money on the nags?

FG had an opportunity to become the main party of government for 20 years back in 2011, they f**ked it up by showing they are no different than what they replaced. Took FF over a decade to become unbelievable arrogant, FG managed the FF level of arrogance in less than one term.
    FG have done more to rehabilitate FF than anyone else.

Doesn't it just show you the contempt FG has for the public.

TOTALLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,326 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FG have done more to rehabilitate FF than anyone else.

I don't understand this mindset. Why should FG misgovernment in any way make people look more favourably on FF, if they have already rejected that party?:confused: If an individual is genuinely and profoundly dissatisfied with both parties, surely they should be looking for someone else to vote for.

I don't understand this mindset. Why should FG misgovernment in any way make people look more favourably on FF, if they have already rejected that party? If an individual is genuinely and profoundly dissatisfied with both parties, surely they should be looking for someone else to vote for.

Here's a novel suggestion, instead of always posing questions to other commentators why not offer your own thoughts. Give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If the Irish people put FF back in then they deserve all they get.

Who is left in FF from those times to be honest? Most are all gone and replaced

Can’t tar them with same brush, FG is current and the current shower have shown they are incapable so who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

I don't understand this mindset. Why should FG misgovernment in any way make people look more favourably on FF, if they have already rejected that party?:confused: If an individual is genuinely and profoundly dissatisfied with both parties, surely they should be looking for someone else to vote for.

Mainly because they know the two main parties are ideologically more representative of the majority than the alternatives. The alternatives have a more niche set of ideologies and are (according to themselves) less likely to compromise their own ideology to properly represent the mainstream electorate.

Non-partisans know the two main parties are like football teams, they aren’t fixed entities where one is always good and the other always bad. When one is performing better and appears more competent to deal with current issues, they vote that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Who is left in FF from those times to be honest? Most are all gone and replaced

Can’t tar them with same brush, FG is current and the current shower have shown they are incapable so who else?

Michael Martin is their effing leader. The same Michael Martin who served in Bertie’s cabinet as they bankrupted the country. The same Michael Martin who received political donations into his Wife’s bank account from developer Owen O’Callaghan of Mahon Tribunal fame.

Who at the top of FF didn’t join at a time the party was riddled with corruption? They all did. They all saw a party corrupt to the core and decided that yes, that’s the party for me.

LiamoSail wrote:
    Michael Martin is their effing leader. The same Michael Martin who served in Bertie’s cabinet as they bankrupted the country. The same Michael Martin who received political donations into his Wife’s bank account from developer Owen O’Callaghan of Mahon Tribunal fame.

Despite all of the above, latest poll puts them as the most popular party in the country with a 5 point lead over FG.

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »

Who at the top of FF didn’t join at a time the party was riddled with corruption? They all did. They all saw a party corrupt to the core and decided that yes, that’s the party for me.

So who else can you vote for?

Despite all of the above, latest poll puts them as the most popular party in the country with a 5 point lead over FG.

What’s the link for this latest poll? Just checked the journal & nothing on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What’s the link for this latest poll? Just checked the journal & nothing on there.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sunday-times-opinion-poll-july-2019-4732867-Jul2019/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Behaviour and attitudes poll from a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like the green wave is receding. No harm bunch of clowns. No answers except taxation.

Behaviour and attitudes poll from a couple of weeks ago.
    Ah thanks, I was away on holidays when this must have been released.

FF leading on 30%??? We deserve all the sh1t these ‘politicians’ dish out to us.

Looks like the green wave is receding. No harm bunch of clowns. No answers except taxation.

Couldn’t agree more. Greens only have one thing on their mind, tax tax tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Ah thanks, I was away on holidays when this must have been released.

FF leading on 30%??? We deserve all the sh1t these ‘politicians’ dish out to us.

FF and the media seem to have some relationship.

Never anything negative reported these days.

The Greens have nothing to do with any taxation.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Only FG could have put FF to the top of the polls. Well done.

Neither will get my vote. There are other options!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement