Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

JeffKenna wrote: »
    The very worrying concern I have is that FG will now actively look for a no deal in order to protect the party along the lines you mention above.

Conspiracy theory nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Far from conspiracy I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Johnny, which of 'our own' within FG will actually lose anything in a bad Brexit? Worst case FF will get a spin and FG will be in the wings. With Brexit FG can pull more strokes. It's all about making money and looking after your own until you get called out and FF get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Johnny, which of 'our own' within FG will actually lose anything in a bad Brexit? Worst case FF will get a spin and FG will be in the wings. With Brexit FG can pull more strokes. It's all about making money and looking after your own until you get called out and FF get back in.

Also, they've invested so much political capital in the 'backstop' they've closed off avenues that might avoid a no deal...

But in terms of this thread, they'll be blaming Brexit on UK insurers pulling out. No doubt.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Jesus the level of political analysis in here by some people is absolutely idiotic and reveals a deeply cantankerous and paranoid nature.

If you remove your ostrich-like heads from the sands of delusion and have a look around the surrounding Savannah of sane political discourse you will see that FG have received almost global support for their handling of Brexit thus far.

People like Simon Coveney and Helen McEntee have been rightly lauded for their measured, articulate, strong and unified approach to Brexit negotiations - in stark contrast to the loo-lahs across the Irish Sea.

It's also in stark contrast to the carry-on of 5-skinner Ming Flanagan, Pension-pinching hairy shoulders Wallace and Screechy-voiced Hot Whiskey Whiner Clare Daly who are a national embarassment.

• Advertisement

Jesus the level of political analysis in here by some people is absolutely idiotic and reveals a deeply cantankerous and paranoid nature.

If you remove your ostrich-like heads from the sands of delusion and have a look around the surrounding Savannah of sane political discourse you will see that FG have received almost global support for their handling of Brexit thus far.

People like Simon Coveney and Helen McEntee have been rightly lauded for their measured, articulate, strong and unified approach to Brexit negotiations - in stark contrast to the loo-lahs across the Irish Sea.

It's also in stark contrast to the carry-on of 5-skinner Ming Flanagan, Pension-pinching hairy shoulders Wallace and Screechy-voiced Hot Whiskey Whiner Clare Daly who are a national embarassment.

You are the very definition of an "ostrich-like head in the sands of delusion" the way you constantly defend FG so I don't think you have any capital to be making statements like that.

I read the thread title again, to be certain. Your kite doesn't fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I think you will find it is the Irish government that is getting support. Never heard Macron or Merkel refer to FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I read the thread title again, to be certain. Your kite doesn't fly.

Stick to trying (and failing miserably) to post witty comments on the second post of every thread in AH. Political stuff is a little bit beyond your capabilities. Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's actually the LA councillors who will decide that.
    Yeah, I was quoting the article.
    The way that they worded it was as though she would have been allowed to choose the person who took over the seat had her claim fetish not grabbed headlines and stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So Boris set to be crowned PM this week. What is it PR spinners say, never waste a good crisis to bury bad news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Acronyms are quite useless if you have to keep explaining them.:P
    And all I see are 3 seats, mostly I'm guessing because you want it to happen and because you imagine that other voters will think the same as you. I don't get Wallace, Podge and Rodge or Lowry yet local voters clearly do.

FG are running three in DL BTW so while Bailey might lose they could get a seat anyway. Madigan or AN other for FG looks to be a cert in Rathdown. They were at 30% share in 2016. Even a collapse to 20% would be a seat with proper vote management. As for Farrell well his seat back to the Dail looks a little bit easier now as vote-getter Clare Daly will be gone and that vote is likely to splinter.

I love how the mood music has changed significantly for diehard FG/IFP supporters. When they got on the thread first, it was all "nothing to see here". Now its 'collapse' and 'vote management'.

IFP = Insurance Fraud Party (in case you forget ;) )

Pint man Paddy Losty, EmmetSpiceland, JohnnyFlash, lola85, Oxter, if the Bailey swing fraud is such a non-story how come your crack social media commando squad spend so much time on it?

Stick to trying (and failing miserably) to post witty comments on the second post of every thread in AH. Political stuff is a little bit beyond your capabilities. Good lad.

Your "three heads" act is rather transparent, and an infantile means of manipulating debate on the Current Affairs forum. Creating any means of deflection away from endemic fraudulent claims that have rotten FG to the core, and treated the ordinary voter with patronising contempt.

And this isn't when you're engaged in crass discussion of human faeces. You're fooling absolutely no-one, rub the spittle from your chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pint man Paddy Losty, EmmetSpiceland, JohnnyFlash, lola85, Oxter, if the Bailey swing fraud is such a non-story how come your crack social media commando squad spend so much time on it?

What are you on about about, dude? Social media commando squad? Who are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Now Now Now......

No need for that....lovely sunny day, will Leo the kitten let you go home early?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I love how the mood music has changed significantly for diehard FG/IFP supporters. When they got on the thread first, it was all "nothing to see here". Now its 'collapse' and 'vote management'.

IFP = Insurance Fraud Party (in case you forget ;) )
    You've made a claim which you clearly can't stand over in any way. I gave you some real world numbers, some political commentary and this is what you come up with? It's still a cretinous acronym BTW even if you're 12!

The aliases swirling in your head. A somewhat cavernous echo. When alone, conjure up a few allies to lend gravity to your bluster. A credibility-proof scheme, debunked a long time ago.

And Laurel never met Hardy ;)

You've made a claim which you clearly can't stand over in any way. I gave you some real world numbers, some political commentary and this is what you come up with? It's still a cretinous acronym BTW even if you're 12!

I knew you'd like it :D

Any news from the IFP PR department today??

To think I voted FG for 20+ years. Now that I am on the other side, I am astonished at the arrogance.

• Advertisement

I knew you'd like it :D

Any news from the IFP PR department today??
    Any news from the PR department on Maria Bailey will break in our around the same time as Boris is sworn in as the new PM on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Charmeleon wrote: »
    fgcontract07.jpg

Even the picture is a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

LiamoSail wrote: »
    In terms of incompetence perhaps, but not corruption.

They awarded the contract for water meters to a company that didnt exist before the deadline had passed yet they awarded them the contract, now why would they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shemale wrote: »
    Even the picture is a lie

Grecian 2000, cherry blossom is the colour Enda is sporting in that shoot.

Dashing.

The knives are out in FG/IFP for Bailey. Farrell seems to be getting away with his dodgy claim.

https://extra.ie/2019/07/22/news/politics/fine-gael-maria-bailey-swing
    In 2016 the constituency was the jewel in the Fine Gael crown with the party taking three out of four seats.

Such now is the weakness of the party, Labour are, in a move that would free up the party legal grandee Alex White to contest Dublin Rathdown, considering parachuting in popular neighbouring councillor Lettie McCarthy to aim for one of the three FG seats.

Senior FG sources said: ‘It has turned into a basket case.
    ‘One candidate wanted to run for Europe, one is a pale male lawyer [Barry Ward] and the third currently is Maria.

‘With a team like that we will be struggling to win one seat, but if Maria was off the pitch, well, that might give us an opportunity to freshen things up.’
    Ms Bailey’s loss of the party whip will further accentuate the Government’s wafer-thin majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I am quite confident we will see a FG Green coalition for the next election.

Note who thanked you Paddy, Iguess the 3 musketeers are back from Shenzhen/Killarney?

On what basis do you see this dream happening, Paddy?

Note who thanked you Paddy, Iguess the 3 musketeers are back from Shenzhen/Killarney?

On what basis do you see this dream happening, Paddy?

Wishful drinking on his part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Astute prediction, Paddy. Could also see SD and Labour in that mix. That’s certainly what the bookies have as favourite at the moment. Some of the lads here could boost their weekly ‘income’ by opening their coin purse and putting a bet on ‘FG being wiped out’. Had a good weekend in the bookies myself actually - 50 each way on Lowry at 40/1. Made as much as Alan Farrell did on his claim.

Ah Johnny, you honestly think RS. Will go into any sort of coalition with Labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What I find amusing is how the 2 amigos here can get away with insulting other posters and making inferences about their backgrounds and employment status, and yet no sanctions follow.

Yet if anyone suggests that the posting styles and attitudes are a bit too alike, out come the warnings.

I'd report it, but what's the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you changed AH to Twitter, this would be a pretty good summation of Varadkar's time as Taoiseach.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement