Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wishful drinking on his part.

What are you implying, Bertie? That Pintman is a bit fond of the old hooch? I can confirm that this is the case. He’d drink it out of a farmer’s wellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What I find amusing is how the 2 amigos here can get away with insulting other posters and making inferences about their backgrounds and employment status, and yet no sanctions follow.

Yet if anyone suggests that the posting styles and attitudes are a bit too alike, out come the warnings.

I'd report it, but what's the point?

Has the banned Charles Ingles returned?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Oxter wrote: »
    Has the banned Charles Ingles returned?

Returned from Little House on the Prairie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

What are you implying, Bertie? That Pintman is a bit fond of the old hooch? I can confirm that this is the case. He’d drink it out of a farmer’s wellie.

Guilty as charged on the drinking Johnny. Had a tray of pints watching young lowry yesterday afternoon.

Its best ignore that posters petty jibes however. I rise above it. Arguing with a lad like that is like fighting a pig. You might win but you end up getting dirty and they enjoy it either way. Best Rise above it.

Guilty as charged on the drinking Johnny. Had a tray of pints watching young lowry yesterday afternoon.

Its best ignore that posters petty jibes however. I rise above it. Arguing with a lad like that is like fighting a pig. You might win but you end up getting dirty and they enjoy it either way. Best Rise above it.

Keep reassuring your "selves" that.

Like a scorned diva you keep 'fluttering' back to this thread, despite repeated proclamations that interest in the Maria Bailey controversy has died a death. Don't cry foul when others call you out on your blatant falsehoods. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Correction, it's as straightforward as looking at a barrel.

• Advertisement

Turn the other cheek and all that, Patrick. I wonder if the suits in FG HQ on Mount Street have finished packing up the boxes yet and turning out the lights? There’s a lovely painting of Mick Collins inside the door. Might give them a ring and see if it’s going cheap.

The canny political commentators here seem to think FG are going to be wiped out come the next election. Very astute individuals who dedicate their lives to the tireless civic duty involved in commentating on a message board. If only the self-serving politicians had the same work ethic and sense of commitment. Brings a tear to me eye, Paddy. That could be the hangover though - bit emotional all day after putting in a late night yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Turn the other cheek and all that, Patrick. I wonder if the suits in FG HQ on Mount Street have finished packing up the boxes yet and turning out the lights? There’s a lovely painting of Mick Collins inside the door. Might give them a ring and see if it’s going cheap.

The canny political commentators here seem to think FG are going to be wiped out come the next election. Very astute individuals who dedicate their lives to the tireless civic duty involved in commentating on a message board. If only the self-serving politicians had the same work ethic and sense of commitment. Brings a tear to me eye, Paddy. That could be the hangover though - bit emotional all day after putting in a late night yesterday.

Probably the hangover. Still celebrating that varadkar got in, or just constantly on the piss anyway?
    Sure it'll do you no harm. Much like a claim from an individual to a big hotel.

By the way, I didn't see anyone pinting out that FG will be wiped out in the next election, but maybe you'll be good enough to pint it out the next time you bump the thread. Sorry, I meant point it out, my edit button is having issues.
    You yourself seem to be up half the night and early morning to boot, all the while pinting the finger. Yourself and Paddy must be great craic, but I'd imagine lose points on the 'honest to goodness' scale, or whatever you may call 'believability; *hic*'

But the main thing is you try.
    One day Johnny, it'll be you in that blue shirt, flying the flag for FG and asking us for the vote. Won't that be a day to remember? You can hope to try.

It'll be tough, but after more 'celebrating' you could make an honest to goodness politician out of yourself..

Or maybe you don't have it in you. Maybe you're just tired from the night before, or in general. But who are we to judge?
    As long as we're not asked to vote for you, the answer is nobody.

Anyway, keep bumping the thread, you're doing a great job, and Leo? If he's lucky he'll meet Barbra Streisand and all his dreams will come true, meanwhile we'll try and keep on keepin' on.

Hope I haven't caught you at a bad time, I'm not sure of the licencing hours on a weeknight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Had a good weekend in the bookies myself actually - 50 each way on Lowry at 40/1. Made as much as Alan Farrell did on his claim.

If you are going to bull**** at least be a bit good at maths.

Bang of shills around here

Shemale wrote: »

Morning, Shemale. You’ll have to explain to me how my maths are out. Not quite getting what you are trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Taximam maths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kikilarue2

Can only assume interest in this story actually is waning since all that is happening on the thread is petty snipes. Over 6k replies though - not unimpressive!

I’ve always voted independents but we have a really strong SD councilor running next time in the GE and she’ll be getting my one and only preference.

It is better to give all the candidates a number, just give the ones you want least the highest numbers. That way you are saying for example the FG candidate does get this transfer until the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

kikilarue2 wrote: »
    Can only assume interest in this story actually is waning since all that is happening on the thread is petty snipes. Over 6k replies though - not unimpressive!
    Interesting article on newstalk now.

Taximam maths.

How so, Odyssey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

kikilarue2 wrote:

Ah it's just the behaviour of a couple of individuals who normally discuss their respective bowel movements. I wouldn't pay much heed to them. Deflection is their M.O.

Charmeleon wrote: »
    Do we know if Bailey’s claim went to the PIAB, if so can the hotel also refuse their assessment and go to court or does it come from the injured party side?

The Dean rejected it and wanted to go to court

Morning, Shemale. You’ll have to explain to me how my maths are out. Not quite getting what you are trying to say.

Morning Johnny.

You are saying you got €2,000 from "50 each way on Lowry at 40/1." This would return €2,400 plus your €100 stake assuming 1/5 odds for a place. Not the €2,000 Farrell got for his try on.

Just to reiterate Farrell got €2,000 for his try on, you should have got €2,000 plus the place return plus your stake for your hypothetical bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Morning Johnny.

You are saying you got €2,000 from "50 each way on Lowry at 40/1." This would return €2,400 plus your €100 stake assuming 1/5 odds for a place. Not the €2,000 Farrell got for his try on.

Just to reiterate Farrell got €2,000 for his try on, you should have got €2,000 plus the place return plus your stake for your hypothetical bet.

From the Indo

Mr Farrell was awarded €2,500 for his injuries, but Judge Coghlan said there was "little or no notation to back up a claim of significant whiplash".
    "In the circumstances I consider it to be a very minor injury," he said.

Morning Johnny.

2000 on the win, 400 on the e/w, and my hundred back. Let me assure you it’s a real bet. My only regret is not shopping around for better odds as I heard some lads got him at 55/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Ah it's just the behaviour of a couple of individuals who normally discuss their respective bowel movements. I wouldn't pay much heed to them. Defecation is their M.O.

FYP

• Advertisement

Some very ‘bound up’ individuals around here it seems. I’d suggest getting more roughage and fibre into the diet - frozen pizza and Lidl pot noodles aren’t a balanced diet, or optimal for good digestive health.

I was scanning the paper this morning looking for anything relating to the Maria Bailey case. Nothing there, but I did read an article on Irish people being deficient in Vitamin D. This can lead to irritation, low mood, and confusion. It’s a beautiful day, so how about emerging from the bunker and going for a good long walk? See how beautiful a country you live in. Smell the roses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The new tactic seems to be fill the thread full of bulls**t.....after spending weeks saying it would die and it hasn't the new plan is just fill thread full of cra*

Another day, no more news from Leo.....was he expecting to just say she was losing the whip would be enough to kill the story?

Just dont respond and report each new post

Some very ‘bound up’ individuals around here it seems. I’d suggest getting more roughage and fibre into the diet - frozen pizza and Lidl pot noodles aren’t a balanced diet, or optimal for good digestive health.

A new low has been breached. Forget the Mariana Trench, you've achieved the near impossible dragging bowel movements into this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Johnny, which of 'our own' within FG will actually lose anything in a bad Brexit? Worst case FF will get a spin and FG will be in the wings. With Brexit FG can pull more strokes. It's all about making money and looking after your own until you get called out and FF get back in.

Nonsense.

FG in favour of a hard Brexit to line their pockets?

Ah lads, I know the economy is doing well, but having the left-wingers (becasue it hurts FG) joining Sinn Fein (because they fantasise about a UI) in wanting a hard Brexit is taking self-harm to a new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Ah lads, I know the economy is doing well, but having the left-wingers (becasue it hurts FG) joining Sinn Fein (because they fantasise about a UI) in wanting a hard Brexit is taking self-harm to a new level.

They claim that they are against fraud as well but tear into it if they think they can get their hands onto someone else's money regardless of the consequences. Anything for the money.

FG The Fraud and Greed party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Do you hover around waiting on a post? I don't see why, you change it to suit anyway. You could quote something posted on Love Island and say, 'Simon Harris is not a Stone Cutter, what nonsense!'.
    Yep, nonsense. I agree. Never said it. You're some spin merchant.
    My point was they'll make out well either way. They'll use it to their advantage. While we struggle your betters tend to do well. Noonan made a personal fortune betting against the house as it were when we were getting bailed out so we could bail out private gamblers. FG will use Brexit for all sorts of clandestine Dinny related shenanigans.
    Now, to your glorious economy, I say so what? You must be minted if you can function in Irish society without a dig out or be a home owner from some time ago.
    Enda Kenny is not in Sinn Fein Blanch. I've told you this before. Enda wants a UI as do I.
    Self aggrandising and arrogance, Maria Bailey is the poster girl for Fine Gael, that's why this story will never die. It's about entitlement and how Leo condones it.

Every radio station seems to covering insurance costs today. I hope FG/IFP are listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The new tactic seems to be fill the thread full of bulls**t.....after spending weeks saying it would die and it hasn't the new plan is just fill thread full of cra*

Another day, no more news from Leo.....was he expecting to just say she was losing the whip would be enough to kill the story?

Just dont respond and report each new post
    As against this good old tactic of naked like whoring? :D It's not a story that has much more to go on it. All the outrage has been exhausted and she will be sanctioned in one of number of ways. Barely a paragraph in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Every radio station seems to covering insurance costs today. I hope FG/IFP are listening.

the FG leadership are actually meeting at this minute to discuss this. I enclose an exclusive picture.

th?id=OIP.B6JMP2R6z3tVJOtkw5d9FQHaFj&pid=Api&rs=1

• Advertisement

From the Indo

Mr Farrell was awarded €2,500 for his injuries, but Judge Coghlan said there was "little or no notation to back up a claim of significant whiplash".
    "In the circumstances I consider it to be a very minor injury," he said.

That's interesting.

Basically the judge was telling Farrell that he was lying through his teeth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement