Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Every radio station seems to covering insurance costs today. I hope FG/IFP are listening.

That IFP thing isn’t really taking off, amigo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

That IFP thing isn’t really taking off, amigo.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Interesting article

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-fine-gael-votes-complaints-4726357-Jul2019/
    TAOISEACH LEO VARADKAR received dozens of similar emails from members of the public telling him they wouldn’t vote for Fine Gael in the recent local and European elections as a result of the Maria Bailey swing fall case, Freedom of Information documents show.

FG/IFP look to be setting the scene for some action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

is_that_so wrote: »
    As against this good old tactic of naked like whoring? :D It's not a story that has much more to go on it. All the outrage has been exhausted and she will be sanctioned in one of number of ways. Barely a paragraph in that!

That rage will only be exhausted when she gets some form of reprimand, however as the rage may subside, the stain will be on FG for some time due to Leo's leadership on it.
    This can be measured in part by the lads coming on here feeling the need to continuously tell us it's over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How much are FG paying their media team? they should ask for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Interesting article

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-fine-gael-votes-complaints-4726357-Jul2019/

FG/IFP look to be setting the scene for some action.

The template email that article refers to was posted in this thread and sent by quite a number of us it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

2000 on the win, 400 on the e/w, and my hundred back. Let me assure you it’s a real bet. My only regret is not shopping around for better odds as I heard some lads got him at 55/1.

Apologies, I was full sure I read Farrell was awarded €2,000 not €2,500

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And Laurel never met Hardy ;)
    They did, and Ende was there to witness it.

4oyjsgu.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The template email that article refers to was posted in this thread and sent by quite a number of us it seems.

Every single Sinn Fein voter I know sent one.

Do you hover around waiting on a post? I don't see why, you change it to suit anyway. You could quote something posted on Love Island and say, 'Simon Harris is not a Stone Cutter, what nonsense!'.
    Yep, nonsense. I agree. Never said it. You're some spin merchant.
    My point was they'll make out well either way. They'll use it to their advantage. While we struggle your betters tend to do well. Noonan made a personal fortune betting against the house as it were when we were getting bailed out so we could bail out private gamblers. FG will use Brexit for all sorts of clandestine Dinny related shenanigans.
    Now, to your glorious economy, I say so what? You must be minted if you can function in Irish society without a dig out or be a home owner from some time ago.
    Enda Kenny is not in Sinn Fein Blanch. I've told you this before. Enda wants a UI as do I.
    Self aggrandising and arrogance, Maria Bailey is the poster girl for Fine Gael, that's why this story will never die. It's about entitlement and how Leo condones it.

Hard work in life and getting on with things always makes you better off in the long run than the whingers and whiners. Careful thought-out decisions help too. I was offered three mortgages unsolicited between 2005 and 2007. I wasn't stupid enough to take them. I had relatives telling me to buy more investment property at the same time, didn't listen either.

I am now sitting nearly mortgage-free with a decent pension on its way in a few years thanks to careful prudent intelligent decision-making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

blanch152 wrote: »
    Hard work in life and getting on with things always makes you better off in the long run than the whingers and whiners. Careful thought-out decisions help too. I was offered three mortgages unsolicited between 2005 and 2007. I wasn't stupid enough to take them. I had relatives telling me to buy more investment property at the same time, didn't listen either.

I am now sitting nearly mortgage-free with a decent pension on its way in a few years thanks to careful prudent intelligent decision-making.

Any dodgy insurance claims?

Any dodgy insurance claims?

None at all. Could have taken the HSE for a tidy sum for negligence, ditto the local school and the local GAA for various injuries picked up over the years by my kids, but not my kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

At this stage you might start to feel a bit sorry for Leo, he just can't make a decision or do anything right

Sorry I don't feel bad for him, he is clearly an idiot

For those that havent seen, Maria is kept on as whip

She has lost the Chairperson of the Joint Oireachtas Committee for Housing. Something she was doing f**k all about anyway......

Might as well just have done nothing Leo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Slap on the wrist

"In not going further by removing the whip from Deputy Bailey, I do so conscious of the devastating effect this saga has had on Deputy Bailey and her family in particular"

Ah FFS Leo

Any effects from this saga were of her own making where she tried to at best make an exaggerated claim and lied in court document whereas it could also be looked at as fraud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Every single Sinn Fein voter I know sent one.

That old chestnut. Its an easy argument isn't it to sling that bit of mud? I voted FG in 2011 and sent one.

Never have and never will be a SF voter. Well done, another display of FG ignorance. Really are a detestable bunch.

It seems Leo has bottled it in a big way. He should brace and expect a huge backlash from the grassroots in the coming weeks. Weak as a kitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Shefwedfan wrote: »

She has lost the Chairperson of the Joint Oireachtas Committee for Housing. Something she was doing f**k all about anyway......

That was predicted from the off. The only other thing they might do is deselection but that won't be known until we are a whole lot closer to an actual election date.

Some are more clever than that. I don't take mouthfuls of ****e and simply get on with it, like it's my duty to take it. I too work and pay taxes like the vast majority of people with the exception of a few chancers, some of whom win state contracts and the like.

So that explains it. I'm alright jack, f*** the whingers. Grand job. Very Fine Gael. Some of us live fully in Irish society. We have neighbours and family and co-workers we care about the well being off. Even people we don't personally know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The final nail in Leo's coffin.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That old chestnut. Its an easy argument isn't it to sling that bit of mud? I voted FG in 2011 and sent one.

Never have and never will be a SF voter. Well done, another display of FG ignorance. Really are a detestable bunch.

It seems Leo has bottled it in a big way. He should brace and expect a huge backlash from the grassroots in the coming weeks. Weak as a kitten.

I don't doubt you sent one, but that doesn't mean that my post is inaccurate. Three people I know who voted Sinn Fein at the last election have been the only ones in real life talking about this and told me about the email campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

2000 on the win, 400 on the e/w, and my hundred back. Let me assure you it’s a real bet. My only regret is not shopping around for better odds as I heard some lads got him at 55/1.

Amazing you only mentioned this.mythical bet after the event.
    Your numbers don't match up.

Also I think today was purposely chosen with the election of Boris Johnson as the new conservative leader and by default PM along with the good weather. People more likely to be outdoors. Plus its Dail recess so he won't face too many questions and he can hide away.

Trying to bury the news. He could have done similar weeks ago.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Too little too late. Party of chancers and Leo is fine with that. Law and order party my arse :)

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Slap on the wrist

"In not going further by removing the whip from Deputy Bailey, I do so conscious of the devastating effect this saga has had on Deputy Bailey and her family in particular"

Ah FFS Leo

Any effects from this saga were of her own making where she tried to at best make an exaggerated claim and lied in court document whereas it could also be looked at as fraud

In other words....its ok to lie and try to defraud a company.......just dont upset poor old Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A firm but fair reprimand by the Taoiseach. Hopefully other members of the oireachtas learn from this. Time for deputy Bailey to move forward and put this unfortunate time of her life behind her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Next week there will be huge media attention on the new British Prime Minister and more Brexit talks. Seems to me that Leo is hoping his announcement (if there is one) will get buried as a news story.

Not a bad prediction all the same.;)

I don't doubt you sent one, but that doesn't mean that my post is inaccurate. Three people I know who voted Sinn Fein at the last election have been the only ones in real life talking about this and told me about the email campaign.

Do you think we are all figments of the matrix?
    You and Fine Gael central need to realise it's not all us verses SF. The last general election and recent local should tell you that. I know it's not sensible to slag off FF and concentrate on SF who aren't part of the civil war coalition, (FF/FG) but as a good pal off mine often posts, the game is up lad.

Remember it now....

This is from the party of "integrity"

hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

A firm but fair reprimand by the Taoiseach. Hopefully other members of the oireachtas learn from this. Time for deputy Bailey to move forward and put this unfortunate time of her life behind her.

If by "move forward" you mean "get her entitled arse handed to her by the electorate", then I'm all for it.

• Advertisement

Never in doubt! Unfortunately for Leo people have copped on to these strategies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement