Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I see Bailey is still claiming that she "made no attempt to mislead in this matter". I mean WTF?:rolleyes::(

IN her statement I was waiting for a "SEAN" in the middle of it....

Since the interview she hasn't changed a bit.....I do like she has also brought Leo into the pointing the finger at everyone else

Mr Varadkar said that this was a preliminary step "which often results in amicable resolution but the hotel did not engage with the PIAB".

So it was the hotels fault because they didn't settle out of court and then nobody would ever have found out

What a shower of .......

Sorry I would get banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    IN her statement I was waiting for a "SEAN" in the middle of it....

Since the interview she hasn't changed a bit.....I do like she has also brought Leo into the pointing the finger at everyone else

Mr Varadkar said that this was a preliminary step "which often results in amicable resolution but the hotel did not engage with the PIAB".

So it was the hotels fault because they didn't settle out of court and then nobody would ever have found out

What a shower of .......

Sorry I would get banned

Varadker said in his statement that there were inconsistencies in the story she gave to SOR and to him which he could not reconcile.

He basically admitted that she has been playing fast and loose with the truth and lied to him.

His tolerance of this is beyond pathethic. Shows him as a supposed leader in a very bad light.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Suckit wrote: »

What 'clear message' is that Leo?

"Scam away but dont get ****ing caught"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This is the action of a desperate dishonest party, who know they have no moral or legal leg to stand on who are just hoping the story doesn't get traction because they have no defence. Pathetic.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Leo Varadkar, he has no balls.

Reports coming in now that he was afraid to remove the whip in case Bailey sued for whiplash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

is_that_so wrote: »
    As against this good old tactic of naked like whoring? :D It's not a story that has much more to go on it. All the outrage has been exhausted and she will be sanctioned in one of number of ways. Barely a paragraph in that!

Barely a paragraph?main headline on the Journal as I write this message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Front and centre of the Irish Mirror too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Lead story on the Indo site, 2nd story after Shane Lowry on the Irish Examiner.

The final nail in Leo's coffin.

I would say that’s a reasonable statementOD. The man is a coward.

Seemingly is_that_so decided to delete that comment

Unfortunately for Leo and FG the story is far from exhausted. If she had got the boot or it was resolved then maybe Leo would come out with some sort of positives but he hasn't and has failed again.

This will drag on and on and on and on.....good man Leo, you made a real balls of this

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't doubt you sent one, but that doesn't mean that my post is inaccurate. Three people I know who voted Sinn Fein at the last election have been the only ones in real life talking about this and told me about the email campaign.

All my life I voted liebour, never was and never will vote for the spinners. And I think I have talked lots with others about both this and Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

#1 story on The Journal right now.

It even has its own HASHTAG.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/swings-and-roundabouts/news/

FG what a failure.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

A firm but fair reprimand by the Taoiseach. Hopefully other members of the oireachtas learn from this. Time for deputy Bailey to move forward and put this unfortunate time of her life behind her.

Really? Maybe fair to the 23/24% (approx latest opinion poll.) fgers but the real question is are the other 76/77% happy?

Big leaps of logic going on there, JD. This happened before she was a TD and Enda/Leo werent aware of it. It’s like saying SF are ok with child murderers and bombers because they have em in the party.

Aww Johnny, I thought you come up with something better than this. What are you saying, that it’s ok so long as Kenny & Leo aren’t aware of It?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

A firm but fair reprimand by the Taoiseach. Hopefully other members of the oireachtas learn from this. Time for deputy Bailey to move forward and put this unfortunate time of her life behind her.

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Wow that statement is like the written equivalent of the car crash radio interview.

Leo is all over the place! I have read it multiple times and one thing is clear - lots of mixed messages. Deliberately written very badly.

Now the fun starts.

The grassroots of FG/IFP will not be happy with that.

I never realised you get 10,000 euro to chair a bloody Dail committee. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so Leo admits she even tried to pull the wool over his eyes in person and this is all he does to her?

So...
    The inquiry states that it was not a fraudulent claim.

but
    Deputy Bailey signed an affidavit that over-stated the impact of her injuries on her running

and
    There have been inconsistencies in Deputy Bailey’s account of events to me and the media that I cannot reconcile.

and
    It is clear to me, that Deputy Bailey made numerous errors of judgement in her handling of this matter from the outset, during and even after she’d withdrawn the case.

and a warning to others...
    I hope this will send a clear message to other public representatives about taking such cases in future.

Not a great "inquiry" then. The inquiry was an internal FG/IFP investigation. Make up your damn minds!!

Clear message :D

Classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

mad muffin wrote: »
    This day will go down in infamy. We will never forgive. We will never forget. Varadkar just signed his own death warrant.

Haha are ya mad???
    The amount of things we forgive and forget, in all realms with all political parties.
    7+years and it's a new slate!!!!!

This line from FG/IFP is unbelievable.

They are actually trying to blame the hotel here.
    This was a preliminary step which often results in amicable resolution but the hotel did not engage with the PIAB.

Where is their honour? Chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

This line from FG/IFP is unbelievable.

They are actually trying to blame the hotel here.

Where is their honour? Chancers.

Looking forward to the Dean Hotels response!

WealthyB wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Dean Hotels response!

Dean hotel should sue for slander

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Dean hotel should sue for slander

A hotel isn’t a person.

A hotel isn’t a person.

It's a company

Saying derogatory things about a company in the press so no reason. The Dean acted exactly how it shoudl have done for a false claim and Leo is making out they are in the wrong

I would sue him, her and the whole shower

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RTE even running with it as the main story.
    Hilarious.
    Leo thought it would disappear under Boris, but that's barely getting a look in.
    Seriously underestimated the public anger with this, but it seems many were silently waiting for some sort of sanction for Bailey.

"In not going further by removing the whip from Deputy Bailey, I do so conscious of the devastating effect this saga has had on Deputy Bailey and her family in particular. She has endured considerable negative publicity, public criticism and is now personally liable for significant legal and medical costs."

So..
    the devastating effect - Negative publicity, public criticism and paying the legal and medical costs for this farce..

Christ. I've never ever heard somebody say nothing in such a long winded way in my life.

On a separate note, I went in to Easons yesterday and bought a book titled "Leo: A Very Modern Taoiseach"
    I had to go back today and I complained to the sales assistant - "All of the pages fell out when I opened it"
    The sales assistant said, "That's because it has no spine".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

What's this IFP nonsense? Embarrassing.

Anyway, quite annoyed with how this has played out. Genuinely hope the electorate don't forget this come the next GE. We've a habit of letting them, politicians in general, away with things.

I've no idea who I'm going to vote for, they're all the same it seems.

The message from FG/IFP is clear. Fraudulent insurance claims can continue unabated.
    There is no accountability at the highest level. It must make depressing reading for businesses today.

This attempted whitewash will be recalled every single time a voter pays for insurance.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/maria-bailey-to-lose-9500-oireachtas-role-as-taoiseach-demotes-td-following-swinggate-controversy-38339300.html

She was advised on her legal case by Culture Minister Ms Madigan
    Minister Madigan (then a backbench TD) gave initial legal advice, guidance and assisted Deputy Bailey with her Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB) application

Hold on a second...I thought they said before Madigan only helped her fill out the form? Now it clearly states Madigan gave initial legal advice.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/maria-bailey-to-lose-9500-oireachtas-role-as-taoiseach-demotes-td-following-swinggate-controversy-38339300.html

Hold on a second...I thought they said before Madigan only helped her fill out the form? Now it clearly states Madigan gave initial legal advice.

They have lied that much they can’t even remember what they said at the start of it

It’s safe to say Madigan and Bailey knew exactly what they where doing, the onky problem is they got caught out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar, he has no balls.

Reports coming in now that he was afraid to remove the whip in case Bailey sued for whiplash
    tenor.gif?itemid=10739654

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement