Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don’t know why I get two voting cards. One is in Dublin and the other is down the sticks. I suppose I’ve just gotten used to voting twice at this stage. Pay enough fricking tax anyway to deserve a 2nd.

Local election result may be challenged amid electoral fraud allegations

Ironic.

Someone openly admits to shilling for the FG party, admits to electoral fraud, and the blueshirts complaining about electoral fraud.

This thread keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like this story has just entered yet another phase with the revelation that she ran a 10k race just a few weeks after she claimed to be badly injured. The Indo are in drip-drip mode with the details of the case and the rest of the Sunday papers are going to go to town on it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

KaneToad wrote:
    Ireland is a relatively affluent, first world country. We have high literacy, high employment and decent health outcomes. Sure, we have monumental cock ups in each of these areas. These cock ups, despite their media coverage (if it bleeds, it leads!), are not universally felt by the population. Consequently, we will continue to return centrist governments. As long as most people in Ireland are "ok", we will not see any massive change in our political landscape.

I think fear can sometimes result in similar election outcomes, I suspect external factors such as brexit are gonna maintain the status quo for some time. I do get the sense many are fed up with the status quo, but the alternatives are also lacking, I don't expect much to change in the coming ge, western democracy seems to be getting stuck in a rut

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Looks like this story has just entered yet another phase with the revelation that she ran a 10k race just a few weeks after she claimed to be badly injured. The Indo are in drip-drip mode with the details of the case and the rest of the Sunday papers are going to go to town on it tomorrow.

There's a bit in that article. Including going to the Longitude festival the following week.

Even ignoring that, the one big thing that throws everything into question, is that she says she couldn't run at all for three MONTHS after the incident. Yet she ran 10k after three weeks.

I never took this claim seriously from the early days. But now she's caught up in her own account of things, and has lost all credibility. (Not that there was much credibility to begin with, but at least have your ducks in a row if you are going to be a chancer)

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-swing-fall-38146778.html

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Wow, this has really shifted from ill-advised attempt at getting a payout to a full-scale fraudulent claim. She really needs to just drop it and move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The wiki page on her father John Bailey is pretty damming in terms of character lessons

CageWager wrote: »
    Wow, this has really shifted from ill-advised attempt at getting a payout to a full-scale fraudulent claim. She really needs to just drop it and move on

She has the culture Minister caught up in it too, knowingly, or unknowingly (irrelevant imo)

walterscott1-2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

spurious wrote: »
    And can her solicitor/barrister and all who enabled this nonsense be fined/struck off?

Yet another case that should have been greeted with with a quick 'would you ever feck off with your nonsense' the first visit to a solicitor, not a salivating slobber at the thoughts of money all round for the trough snufflers.
    But they were only acting on what they honestly believed their client was truthfully telling them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/td-bailey-ran-10km-race-three-weeks-after-swing-fall-38146778.html

At longitude the following week and had great laugh... Also made a TV appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I saw in recent pictures (I think taken during his campaign for local election), that her father is in a wheelchair.
    Anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Suckit wrote: »
    I saw in recent pictures (I think taken during his campaign for local election), that her father is in a wheelchair.
    Anyone know why?

He fell off a see saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

listermint wrote: »
    The wiki page on her father John Bailey is pretty damming in terms of character lessons

According to the radio, this hasn't damaged him at all - he'll be elected.
    (Plus bloody Mary Hanafin)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

At longitude the following week and had great laugh... Also made a TV appearance

We've all done it. Woke up with a headache after a night drinking and blamed a swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

You lot are all being really nasty to poor old Maria. :mad:

It's pretty clear to me that the poor woman not only sustained serious damage to her running and sitting bits after plunging 60 feet off the back of that lethal swing, but also suffered a really bad bout of selective amnesia. Hence she simply couldn't remember running the 10K or going to Longitude with her pals!

EDIT - her selective amnesia probably helps to explain why "It has also emerged that the dates recorded in her court submission are inaccurate. The papers indicate Ms Bailey was in the hotel with friends around 9pm on Monday, July 13, 2015 [but] sources close to the TD say the incident actually took place on the previous Friday evening."

I am really, REALLY, looking forward to her cross examination! Standing room only in court, I predict - although obviously poor Maria will have to stand all the time due to her damaged coccyx! I wonder will she cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Whatever her morals, she mustn’t have a brain in her head, judging by her social media posts. I mean how did she not think running in a race was a bad idea?

Suckit wrote: »
    Anyone know why?

We'll probably have to wait for his damages case to come to court before we find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

What a moron. Going on a 10k run and posting about having such a great time at a festival when she claims to be injured.

I would love to be that Judge.

"Gavel !" "Gavel !" **** off outta my court ya dopey cow ! "Gavel" NEXT !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Leo-Cheats.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

This story doesn’t seem to be going away. I’d imagine they thought it would blow over after a few days. It seems to be gaining momentum if anything. Surely FG will have to acknowledge and deal with it now that it’s factually proven that she has lied in her affidavit. (3 months unable to run- yet ran a 10k week and after).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    Whatever her morals, she mustn’t have a brain in her head, judging by her social media posts. I mean how did she not think running in a race was a bad idea?

Especially after sustaining such serious injuries....

What a trooper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

Will she get elected? Any feedback yet on voting for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

She wasn't up for election. The poll was for local and European election. She's a TD.

Maybe her father was on the ballot for the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

boombang wrote: »
    She wasn't up for election. The poll was for local and European election. She's a TD.

Maybe her father was on the ballot for the locals.

Saw some early tallies say he’ll be getting back in.

This story doesn’t seem to be going away. I’d imagine they thought it would blow over after a few days. It seems to be gaining momentum if anything. Surely FG will have to acknowledge and deal with it now that it’s factually proven that she has lied in her affidavit. (3 months unable to run- yet ran a 10k week and after).

She specifically claimed she was unable to run "at all", yet did a 10k a few days after she claimed she was injured.

The "at all" bit is pertinent, because quite clearly she lied, she should be expelled from the party for insurance fraud.

If the law and order party do not act, they're effectively endorsing it.

Madigans need to cease representing a client who has obviously been lying too.

This is epic. :D

I imagine that FG will let the court case run its course. Then if she loses the case AND decides not to appeal, they can take action against her.

They'd be wrong to do anything before the legal process is complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

She's a complete disgrace and should be dismissed from the Dáil immediately. Won't happen of course but it would set a good example going forward.

If you're in politics and are supposed to leading the people of this country I expect higher standards of behaviour from you than the average joe on the street.

Baileygraph.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

God they’re all connected. She’s Simon Harris cousin ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Get Real wrote: »
    I never took this claim seriously from the early days. But now she's caught up in her own account of things, and has lost all credibility. (Not that there was much credibility to begin with, but at least have your ducks in a row if you are going to be a chancer)

Its laughable. Leo can't just shrug this off now by saying its before the courts, blah de blah like he did during the week. This has moved onto what looks like insurance fraud by a parliamentarian.

She is a TD so not up for election this weekend. Her dad is though for the local council.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement