Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not in the middle of summer. Even Paschal gets holidays. If that's the line they decide to take, it's more likely to be New Year or a point a lot closer to a GE.

I've read the next round is due within the next 2 to 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Be careful! I got on a Christmas card list for years after writing to a TD!

Paid for by the poor taxpayer no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I've read the next round is due within the next 2 to 3 weeks
    Where did you see it? September at the earliest, I would have thought - which is only a further 3 weeks out. I suppose it makes sense to take a look, regardless of MB, as some of them were picked nearly two years ago. They may now see better alternatives but post-Budget and closer to an election makes more sense to me for any party to look at it. Most will need to take stock of how many they can run and where they might add or remove people.

janfebmar wrote: »
    Think they have to use their own stuff now but open to correction on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Think they have to use their own stuff now but open to correction on it.

Don't think so, I think they can order cards and calender's to be printed up at no cost to themselves.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Don't think so, I think they can order cards and calender's to be printed up at no cost to themselves.
    AFAIK they can't use Dail stationery for personal use and it's the expenses that cover all that but they do get a stash of pre-paid envelopes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

janfebmar wrote: »

Bloody catholics

AFAIK they can't use Dail stationery for personal use and it's the expenses that cover all that but they do get a stash of pre-paid envelopes.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politicians-spend-4000-printing-calendars-and-cards-37650779.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Where did all the spin droids go!?

Seriously worried about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Be careful! I got on a Christmas card list for years after writing to a TD!
    Did you happen to get a paper-cut from one of these cards?
    Could be worth a fortune.

• Advertisement

Where did all the spin droids go!?

Seriously worried about them

I can guess where one of them is.....

https://www.facebook.com/asirishasitgets/videos/the-great-pintman-paddy-losty45-pints-in-two-hours-and-hell-take-the-shirt-of-an/1952338554995267/

Kivaro wrote: »
    Did you happen to get a paper-cut from one of these cards?
    Could be worth a fortune.
    No thick card from what I recall. Just mild irritation they kept coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

https://m.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/popular-festival-oktoberfest-cancelled-in-dublin-due-to-increase-in-insurance-premium-and-irelands-claim-culture-38343037.html

Oktoberfest 2019 cancelled in Dublin due to insurance claims culture . This story is going nowhere despite what FG and several posters on here want to believe
    F

On the day the Ryder Cup was announced to be coming back, this is also announced.

One can only hope the powers that be gettheir act together in the next 7 years.

Hate to say this but our beautiful country is being turned into.a kip.

And yes MB& AF, you both are a HUGE part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    What age was Leo when a certain Mr. Albert Reynolds said, “You cross the big hurdles, and when you get to the small ones, you get tripped up.”

Paraphrasing Albert I think he also said "its the little things that get you" in referring to the collapse of a government. Think it was in reference to a 1980's government falling all over the small issue of VAT on childrens shoes. Up until then the economy had been collapsing around them and there was mass scale emigration and unemployment. But it was VAT on childrens shoes that brought the government down.

Anyway just for posterity heres a nice picture of the three girlos on their first day in the new Dail being led across the road by former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

14%20NEWS%20II%20GM%20Fine%205.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

What Varadkar doesn't seem to understand is that what Bailey did has touched a nerve with the public. Her two main crimes are to bring a spurious claim. Subsequently her interview with SOR showed her to have a tenuous grip on reality and completely lacking in humility or self awareness. It is downright cheek for Varadkar to say that Bailey should get off lightly because she has suffered in the court of public opinion. Bailey brought this on herself.
    Businesses the length and breadth of the country are suffering due to rising premiums. Fraudulent claims are a contributing factor in such rises.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Paraphrasing Albert I think he also said "its the little things that get you" in referring to the collapse of a government. Think it was in reference to a 1980's government falling all over the small issue of VAT on childrens shoes. Up until then the economy had been collapsing around them and there was mass scale emigration and unemployment. But it was VAT on childrens shoes that brought the government down.

Anyway just for posterity heres a nice picture of the three girlos on their first day in the new Dail being led across the road by former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

Albert said that about his government in 1994. It was actually a FG government that fell over VAT. McMillan said it was "Events dear boy, events" decades earlier.

Sent a calm measured email to Leo explaining why I’ll never vote FG again because of all of this, wishing him the best in brexit (as i think they’re doing a far better job of that than any of the piss poor alternatives available to us) but letting him know how clearly and transparently contemptuous of us all it was to attempt to bury this under Boris.

I managed to stay polite.

I got an automated response.

Will never vote Fine Gael again. Or fianna failure.

Sent a calm measured email to Leo explaining why I’ll never vote FG again because of all of this, wishing him the best in brexit (as i think they’re doing a far better job of that than any of the piss poor alternatives available to us) but letting him know how clearly and transparently contemptuous of us all it was to attempt to bury this under Boris.

I managed to stay polite.

I got an automated response.

Will never vote Fine Gael again. Or fianna failure.

Me neither, nor will I ever vote for liebour ever again, this after voting them for over 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Me neither, nor will I ever vote for liebour ever again, this after voting them for over 40 years.

Who would you vote for then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Is this available online anywhere muh, or do I have to wait until the morning to get a hardcopy?
    Here ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Muahahaha wrote: »

Ah yes. The strong, confident, competent, intelligent women of 21st century Ireland who’s ethical and social morals are beyond reproach.

Fernando has a lovely bottom.

Edit: They all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

What sort of banana replyblic is this?! She was clearly attempting to commit fraud... And the gardai just turn a blind eye? !!!

Haul her ass down to the local Garda station for questioning !

I’m surprised the other fg moron who drove down the steps , didn’t try suing the government as there weren’t signs on the steps warning you not to drive down them. Absolute top notch comedy , near full employment etc. but fg performance has been so pathetic, that ff , will probably win more seats next election, despite the fact that the only matrix fg think is important , the economy , is booming. It’s comedy, varadkar is a fraud, spineless , joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Idbatterim wrote: »
    What sort of banana replyblic is this?! She was clearly attempting to commit fraud... And the gardai just turn a blind eye? !!!

Haul her ass down to the local Garda station for questioning !

I could picture her in the Garda station. "I'm just going to call my solicitor. Josepha! JOSEPHA!!!". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The question is who do you vote for? And the answer is, there is no one to vote for.

No one here I know would vote ff or fg ever again. They jokingly say they’ll for for sf but of course don’t. They vote independent. But with Ireland’s voting system which creates coalitions. Fg or ff end up in power anyway.

mad muffin wrote: »
    The question is who do you vote for? And the answer is, there is no one to vote for.

No one here I know would vote ff or fg ever again. They jokingly say they’ll for for sf but of course don’t. They vote independent. But with Ireland’s voting system which creates coalitions. Fg or ff end up in power anyway.

I said I would never vote ff again. It was inconceivable. Voted fg the last two elections. I’ll give ff a vote next election. There are only two parties of any scale , if u don’t vote ff , you are handing those fg wasters seats. I’m not saying ff will be any better, but there has to be consequences for the joke fg are presiding over , from health , housing , infrastructure, insurance etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Idbatterim wrote: »
    mad muffin wrote: »

I said I would never vote ff again. It was inconceivable. Voted fg the last two elections. I’ll give ff a vote next election. There are only two parties of any scale , if u don’t vote ff , you are handing those fg wasters seats. I’m not saying ff will be any better, but there has to be consequences for the joke fg are presiding over , from health , housing , infrastructure, insurance etc etc

I really don't get this. Why would you vote FF or FG if you are any way principled? I can see why FF have picked up some of the vote but I will NEVER forget the damage they have done to the country further compounded by the current plebs. Other options need support. I'm going with Soc Dems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I really don't get this. Why would you vote FF or FG if you are any way principled? I can see why FF have picked up some of the vote but I will NEVER forget the damage they have done to the country further compounded by the current plebs. Other options need support. I'm going with Soc Dems.

Agreed. I'm going with SF and holding my nose. FG and FF have both shown they are utterly incapable of running our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    On a side note. Anyone see 'Grandmaster Flash and the furious spin-monkeys' recently?
    I think they're in Glenties assuring everyone that he/they have it under control.:pac:

Maybe they have copped on, like a lot of other FG'rs and realised that defending/deflecting from this stuff is not what they signed up for.

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Who would you vote for then?!

SD, and independents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement