Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Underground

Oops, mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I think Maria Bailey's position in the FG party is going to serve as a handy barometer of their commitment to improving the common good. As long as she's in the party I'll know not to vote for them.

boombang wrote: »
    I think Maria Bailey's position in the FG party is going to serve as a handy barometer of their commitment to improving the common good. As long as she's in the party I'll know not to vote for them.

It's largely reflective of the sense of entitlement that permeates through the party. But look over there, 'Shinner alert' and other kites flown to deflect from these controversies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Ten Pin wrote: »
    As unbelievable as this seems...she'll brazen it out until the end, that's how it goes in the circles they swing in.

Ah will you stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »

Dublin on ice have insisted Maria dress appropriately before donning a pair of skates.

D7-Hms-Ws-Xo-AIFuo-W.gif[

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Sure look at the local elections, all FF & FG. They could do anything to the country and we'd vote them back in, why would Maria Bailey withdraw her claim? There are no negative consequences whatsoever and that's the way we like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭golfball37

FF are on 40% and over on tallies in clare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

She's obviously someone that genuinely needs to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

She should have resigned by now.

It is people like her that cause businesses to close due to insurance costs. Fell off a swing as she had no adult supervision...claims injury and then a few weeks later, runs a 10km race...
    This is the type of thing that really pisses off a lot of people. She is ok, she should look in a mirror and sue that person for their stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RobertKK wrote: »
    She should have resigned by now.

It is people like her that cause businesses to close due to insurance costs. Fell off a swing as she had no adult supervision...claims injury and then a few weeks later, runs a 10km race...
    This is the type of thing that really pisses off a lot of people. She is ok, she should look in a mirror and sue that person for their stupidity.
    The longer she stays on, the bigger her pension. Besides, she is hoping it will blow over, and by next GE everyone will have forgotten.

How did her father do in local elections?
    She's obviously someone that genuinely needs to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
    Looks like she's in Labour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

She has dropped her claim finally.

Essentially an admission of fraud. Should resign as a TD.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/swing-case-td-maria-bailey-drops-compensation-claim-against-hotel-38147952.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/swing-case-td-maria-bailey-drops-compensation-claim-against-hotel-38147952.html
    Carefully timed to coincide with the local election results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Carefully timed to coincide with the local election results

Well, today is a bit late for that! Should have been during the week for any affect
    Her da appears to be made of teflon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

she is one of my local TD's , I sent her tweet outlining my disgust - Unsurprisingly no reply - she is earning more than the majority of people she serves and wants more - ****ing greed , thats what ruins this country , expected more from an elected represantive , already I'm cynical for the new lot elected .

By the sheer weight of public disapproval. A slow clap is in order. If she has any integrity remaining, her resignation will soon follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Took her time withdrawing the case. She should be hoofed out of the party if they had any morals.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Well, today is a bit late for that! Should have been during the week for any affect
    Her da appears to be made of teflon.
    What I mean by well-timed is that, if she had dropped the case during the week, there would have been wall-to-wall coverage across TV, radio and print; commentators would eventually have raised further questions about her suitability for office.

There will be very little coverage of this decision now, and by Monday it will be old news.

So it was a clever manouver from the point-of-view of minimising pressure on her position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

I wonder more there more revelations on the way that caused her to finally stop digging?

The level of stupidity and cupidity shown by this woman is hard to believe, but I guess it's a sign of the times we live in. I'd like to think that her lawyers tried to talk her out of taking the case, but I fear that the opposite might actually apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

"The past week was incredibly hard on her family"- watch her morph into a victim after she was caught trying to defraud a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

A difficult time for her family? That's her own fault! Doubt she has many difficult days like the rest of us, on a cushy €95,000 salary plus expenses and had the nerve to claim €60k for falling off a swing as if it's anyone's fault but her own.

Glad she was called out for this BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

She should be hoofed out of the party if they had any morals.

She'll play the victim card then and more than likely succeed knowing the Irish voter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Essentially an admission of fraud.

Weeeeel, thats stretching it a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

blinding wrote: »
    Do Fine Gael specifically look “ For Dumb as Fook “ in their Candidates ?

No. And no need for the gratuitous personal comments. Overall, they probably have the best candidates, but it does take voters who look beyond looks, when voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Weeeeel, thats stretching it a little.

Not really. If her claim was genuine, she'd pursue it to the hilt. Any common sense would dictate that dropping the claim after bringing it so far is an admission that your claim is knackered, deeply flawed and when it comes after publication of her lies, indicates a fraudulent claim to some degree.

No. And no need for the gratuitous personal comments. Overall, they probably have the best candidates, but it does take voters who look beyond looks, when voting.

Your parody is running out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

smurgen wrote: »
    "The past week was incredibly hard on her family"- watch her morph into a victim after she was caught trying to defraud a business.

Yep. In time to come she’ll be complaining about the online trolls. Trolls my arse, they’re people demanding answers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Has she resigned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I don't often sign petitions but if someone starts one to oust this money-grubbing fraudster, I'll happily put my name to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It was on newstalk that she is withdrawing the claim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement