Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I guess/hope there is another announcement to come from the other position that she holds.

Is that real?

I am now wondering the same after reading it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Comic Sans is hilarious. I'd put that down to her apparent stupidity and lack of relevant real world experience. Either that or it's a lovely touch from somebody else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

mike_cork wrote: »

That both of these positions carried no payment I'm sure helped her to make the decision. Now if she had any principles she would resign the seat in the Dail she holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That both of these positions carried no payment I'm sure helped her to make the decision. Now if she had any principles she would resign the seat in the Dail she holds.

As I’ve said before if she had principles we wouldn’t have this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

These are CV filler roles TBF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

salmocab wrote: »
    As I’ve said before if she had principles we wouldn’t have this thread.

True....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

mike_cork wrote: »

2nd paragraphof above link says: Ms. Baileyresigned as chair of the Select Committee on members interests, which provides TD’s on ethical matters

One can only laugh at this lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Looks like shes being pushed aside by the party. I would be very surprised if she even runs at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This bit
    Ms Bailey resigned as chair of the Select Committee on Members Interests, which provides TDs with guidelines on ethical matters, and also stepped down as chair of the Working Group of Committee Chairs.

She's only resigning now? Leo clearly thought it perfectly acceptable to allow her to lecture other TDs on ethics :rolleyes:

boombang wrote: »
    Comic Sans is hilarious. I'd put that down to her apparent stupidity and lack of relevant real world experience. Either that or it's a lovely touch from somebody else.

She couldnt even proof read her own three paragraph letter to spot the grammatical error
    “Therefore, as I will not longer be a Committee Chairperson I would like to formally resign as Chair of Working Group of Committee Chairs,”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

2nd paragraphof above link says: Ms. Baileyresigned as chair of the Select Committee on members interests, which provides TD’s on ethical matters

One can only laugh at this lol

Was just going to post about the same thing,

A TD who basically tried to extract a handy 20k from a business, and when they didn't flinch, take them to the court where she might have got 60k for falling off a swing stone cold sober with both her hands occupied, and only dropped the case when she was exposed.....

Yeah, that's a lack of ethics.

you couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ahh just when it was about to die off it comes back again :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh just when it was about to die off it comes back again :-)

Are the Indo preparing to ratchet it up again ?

The very last sentence.
    Mr Varadkar said he demoted the TD because she made “numerous errors of judgment” in her handling of the case and insisted her approach to the legal action jarred with the Government’s action on the cost of insurance.

He said Ms Bailey overstated the impact of her injuries and said there were inconsistencies in her account of the case.

Ms Bailey said she now regretted taking the case but insisted she acted on legal advice throughout the process.

Josepha was tweeting from her holidays today.

A draft?
    Dear Charles,

As you are aware the Taoiseach made a decision to demote me and remove me as Chair
    of the Join Oireachtas Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government, which
    came with a €9,500 salary bonus and other benefits. I now feel that in the interest
    of the smooth running of The Select Committee on Members Interest (Dáil Éireann) it
    would be best for me to resign as Chair of the Committee, as I have zero interest
    in keeping an unpaid seat while I am being removed from a paid one.

Therefore, as I will not longer be a Committee Chairperson I would like to formally
    resign of as Chair of the Working Group of Committee Chairs. Another unpaid useless
    seat that I only took while I sat on the paid Committee.

I apologise for any inconvenience I have caused, and I would like to thank you and your
    staff most sincerely for all your assistance over the past three years. I would also be
    very grateful if you would consider me for any of the paid seats that may be available
    in the future as I am currently working with a loss of income.

Wishing you all the best.

Yours sincerely,
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

God I hate the lazy journalism of sticking gate after a word to name a controversy.

Should rename the article to "Maria Bailey refuses to do any more unpaid work" :

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Comic Sans font on the letter. She's trolling at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Should rename the article to "Maria Bailey refuses to do any more unpaid work" :

I genuinely believe she's throwing her toys out of the pram at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This story never fails to provide amusement.
    She said that, as a result of this and her removal as housing committee chair last month, she is now no longer a committee chair and as such must also step down as chair of the working group of committee chairs.

Stepping down from a chair is fraught with danger Maria!!

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Underground

The fcucking grammatical error in the letter coupled with the font... A young fella just starting out on a graduate programme after college would do better than that. What an idiot.

The fcucking grammatical error in the letter coupled with the font... A young fella just starting out on a graduate programme after college would do better than that. What an idiot.

TBF, maybe she's wine in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TBF, maybe she's wine in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other?

so what did she type the letter with? actually, I probably dont want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

so what did she type the letter with? actually, I probably dont want to know.

Boobies :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kingstevii

Has the same amount of boobies as she does ethics, so not them!

That's Fine Gael alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It's absolutely shocking English for a professional. Badly structured, lacking commas. Very little effort put into it.

• Advertisement

I met one of the ladies today that I was talking to a few weeks ago, first thing she did when she saw me was pick up the paper on the counter and point to the Maria Bailey story and said it to me :D
    She went on to say that it didn't matter what MB did now, the way FG dealt with (or didn't) the whole thing was enough for her. It has been a poor display all round. I could only agree with her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement