Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭jmreire

Oh and for those who said this thread would die during the summer? Summer's nearly over, 633,394 views and 8,731 messages.

One get's the feeling there is so much more to be revealed over this charade, and I think this government might even fall over this.

I don't think so...as a matter of fact, it may even encourage them to extend ( if that's possible) the present arrangement...No matter what happen's now, the Baileygate damage has been done, and when there is an election, the Voter's will have their say. So nothing to be gained by having an election now, unless FF decide to pull the plug, but they don't seem to want an election any time soon either. Both side's know very well the risk's they run in the next General election, and no one is in a particular hurry for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dammo

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Issue statements and tell the world she was demoted but keep her on the payroll.

I'd be interested to know if her replacement had been updated on the payroll systems from the offset.

Great point. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest way if they were. I’d love to see someone check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

When Kenny came into power one of the first things he spouted was doing away with excess jobs in the government.

Yet reading this article makes me wonder just how many bloody committees/tribunals etc there are? This ( afaiaa ) all FUNDED BY THE TAXPAYER.

Totally crazy stuff!!!:confused:

Do you even understand the purpose of committees? They are not just for government TDs.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/committees/about-committees/

jmreire wrote: »
    I don't think so...as a matter of fact, it may even encourage them to extend ( if that's possible) the present arrangement...No matter what happen's now, the Baileygate damage has been done, and when there is an election, the Voter's will have their say. So nothing to be gained by having an election now, unless FF decide to pull the plug, but they don't seem to want an election any time soon either. Both side's know very well the risk's they run in the next General election, and no one is in a particular hurry for it to happen.
    There will be no election until the Brexit nonsense takes some type of actual form in the real world. Feb/March of next year at the earliest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This Bailey inaction story has reignited this story with the Dail coming back soon. Madigan will have to face questions very soon. Most people are sick and tired of Brexit and will pay little heed. However most voters pay insurance and will be reminded of Bailey/Madigan/Farrell/Leo very often. The insurance fraud party has utterly failed to address anything related to Swing-gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

This Bailey inaction story has reignited this story with the Dail coming back soon. Madigan will have to face questions very soon. Most people are sick and tired of Brexit and will pay little heed. However most voters pay insurance and will be reminded of Bailey/Madigan/Farrell/Leo very often. The insurance fraud party has utterly failed to address anything related to Swing-gate.

Well said Snow Garden. The word ‘anything’ in your last sentence? Never a truer word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I'm so glad this thread is still going. I agree with so many on here. People are not going to forget insurance fraud when it's one of their biggest costs every month if not the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Let's not forget that she attempted gouge the Dean and it went spectacularly wrong, some would say that's Karma for you.

SwingFall.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

njZMSnr.gif

https://i.imgur.com/njZMSnr.mp4

It looks like Maria Bailey met someone on her holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

inforfun wrote: »
    njZMSnr.gif

https://i.imgur.com/njZMSnr.mp4

Oh my God !!!
    Is that the Fall Guy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

inforfun wrote: »

No way is that Maria Bailey ............................ as there's no bottles of booze in her hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Ridiculous legal case for today, 2 women taking separate case for being hit by a ball while attending rugby games at Lansdowne Road
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/aug/24/50000-for-being-hit-by-a-rugby-ball-when-compensation-culture-goes-mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Jaysus. I see you lads are still going round in circles in here. Fecking hell. Give it a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jaysus. I see you lads are still going round in circles in here. Fecking hell. Give it a rest.

Keeps your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

In fairness Paddy you kept it ticking along nicely yourself as well with your "Nothing to see here,'til all be forgotten about soon" delusion.:rolleyes:

ps ,you even have me posting and I've barely 10 posts this year.

Seems that You are also still reading the thread Paddy. Wonder where Flash Johnny has disappeared to? Maybe trying to work out how to get to Shenzhen after next month?

Let me reassure You Paddy, this thread won't be disappearing anytime soon. As said above, JM and AF AND LV are also still under the radar - & thats an aside from MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm not 100% certain that's how things work.

"Ah here Maria, you barely bruised your arse. Fecking hell, give it a rest." - The Dean 4 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

And I thought the Maria Bailey case was bad......
    Last year the State Claims Agency paid out €350 MILLION!
    Their payouts have almost tripled since 2014.
    Claims lodged last year topped €3.1 BILLION.
    Of the total €820m outstanding in claims, the HSE tops the list with €409m, followed by the Irish Prison Service (€133m), the Defence Forces (€61m), Tusla (€50m), and An Garda Síochána (€39m).
    Other agencies facing claims for millions of euro include the Office of Public Works, day schools, the Departments of Education, Transport, and Justice, the Courts Service, and child detention schools.
    Judging be these figures, the SCA is an easy touch compared to insurance companies.
    Linky: https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/state-agencies-fail-to-learn-from-compo-culture-mistakes-as-payouts-treble-to-350m-946423.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

deandean wrote: »
    Of the total €820m outstanding in claims, the HSE tops the list with €409m, followed by the Irish Prison Service (€133m), the Defence Forces (€61m), Tusla (€50m), and An Garda Síochána (€39m).
    Other agencies facing claims for millions of euro include the Office of Public Works, day schools, the Departments of Education, Transport, and Justice, the Courts Service, and child detention schools.
    Judging be these figures, the SCA is an easy touch compared to insurance companies.
    Linky: https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/state-agencies-fail-to-learn-from-compo-culture-mistakes-as-payouts-treble-to-350m-946423.html

The Irish Prison Service (€133m)? That's crazy.
    Be curious to see who's making the claims? Prison staff or inmates?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’ve never heard of this woman but it simply looks like everyone involved is always suing people
    And lawyers getting rich. Brian Kennedy sc. why is that name familiar
    https://twitter.com/newstalkfm/status/1166232631278788608?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Front page news on 1 Sunday newpaper on 25th of August ;)
    Everyone looking at the paper stand would have seen it too.

I’ve never heard of this woman but it simply looks like everyone involved is always suing people
    And lawyers getting rich. Brian Kennedy sc. why is that name familiar
    https://twitter.com/newstalkfm/status/1166232631278788608?s=21

Actually it was the PAC(Public Accounts Committee) acting outside their remit that caused the case to be brought in the first place, as the SC found. The CPP( Committee on Procedures and Privileges ) had already reached that conclusion anyway.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-rehab-ceo-angela-kerins-wins-supreme-court-appeal-over-treatment-by-pac-37860419.html

Kivaro wrote: »

They are talking about al of those cases right now on Radio 1 (Miriam O'Callaghan).

I couldn't hear properly because of the noise in here, but I think he said 16 main cases by prison officers, and then a load of smaller cases that all add up.
    I'm sure it'll be possible to listen back. He may go into more detail now in a minute, I think they were glossing over them first.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/

Edited - It may have ended when I left the main area where the radio is, to come in to this room.

- Yep she's moving on to talk about Sharring..

deandean wrote: »

The worst thing about this is it has me thinking how handy it would be to make my years salary in a dubious claim

Future kids ambitions. Work for a state agency (preferably one where you are much more likely to get any injuries) and make a large claim. Then retire with their 4 houses and live off the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone else think the Indo may leak another nugget of info relating to this saga come Sunday?

That would keep the story trundling on into the month of September, just in time for the parasites returning from summer recess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suckit wrote: »
    They are talking about al of those cases right now on Radio 1 (Miriam O'Callaghan).

I couldn't hear properly because of the noise in here, but I think he said 16 main cases by prison officers, and then a load of smaller cases that all add up.
    I'm sure it'll be possible to listen back. He may go into more detail now in a minute, I think they were glossing over them first.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/

Edited - It may have ended when I left the main area where the radio is, to come in to this room.

- Yep she's moving on to talk about Sharring..
    I recall reading about attacks on prison officers by violent prisoners so I’d say these are as a result of claims for injury, hospitalization, loss of wages etc. Same with Garda and teachers . Probably many genuine cases in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Kivaro wrote: »

Was listening to the show and it seems that a huge amount of the claims are by prisoners looking for payouts over slopping out/no in cell sanitation. Anyway that's off topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement