Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Mr Bruton said: “I have great confidence in Maria Bailey. She may have made a mistake - what one of us have not made a mistake?

She has admitted her mistake and she is offering herself for election by the electorate...

“The electorate will make this decision but Maria Bailey is someone that I strongly support to be on the ticket.”

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/bruton-backs-swinggate-td-bailey-to-run-for-fine-gael-in-next-election-38447871.html

Ha brilliant from Bruton lol

She admitted her mistake lol

She only admitted it after being found out and having her own social media posts used against her

Next time I get caught robbing the local bank sure I’ll just admit my mistake to the guards and that will be that...

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Can FG not see that this whole episode is an example of extremely poor judgement. If Ms. Bailey had just quietly withdrawn her claim after the initial coverage by the Indo, I suspect the story would have gone away. But Ms. Bailey insisted on putting herself first and displayed her extremely poor judgement for a sitting TD with words like “humanity has been crossed”. Has she any idea what struggle some of her constituents have in the real world and she is moaning on national radio about falling off a swing.

And then it transpires that Josepha Madigan is involved with apparently assisting MB with completing the PIAB form. Why didn’t JM pull the plug at that stage and point MB in the direction of some ambulance chasing firm instead of getting her piece of the silver for the family firm, again poor judgement. And finally, even though this story won’t go away, Richard Bruton, again displaying poor judgement backs MB to be on the ticket for the next election.

I am not one for lambasting politicians at every opportunity but this episode is unbelievable and it keeps growing legs.

I sincerely hope the constituents in Dun Laoghaire do the honourable thing and send MB packing.

Don’t we all know the constituents of DLR will be all gushing sympathy, what with her father, whom they elected so recently, having died even more recently, and what she’s gone through with the public haranguing and bereavement all together. She’s walk right back in and all will be “forgotten”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don’t we all know the constituents of DLR will be all gushing sympathy, what with her father, whom they elected so recently, having died even more recently, and what she’s gone through with the public haranguing and bereavement all together. She’s walk right back in and all will be “forgotten”.

Wouldn’t be too sure, she was elected on something like the 7th count last time so she only needs to lose a few hundred transfers and she will have lost FG a solid seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Next time I get caught robbing the local bank sure I’ll just admit my mistake to the guards and that will be that...

No, deny it to the hilt and have a friend tell the Guards you came clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Doubtful. Ive spoken to a few couples (middle aged) from there over the last couple months and they all reckon she will get destroyed if she runs again. She's not popular at all, which isn't actually surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Shemale wrote: »
    I was a big fan of Bruton until I read he is supporting Bailey, he must be rotten to core too.

His brother, former Taoiseach and FG man, John has been to Bilderberg.

He basically said FG are above the law. They cannot understand why the peasants will not let it go.

I absolutely detest them for their attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He basically said FG are above the law. They cannot understand why the peasants will not let it go.

I absolutely detest them for their attitude.
    They are completely detached from reality. They remind me of European aristocracy. What does it matter if a pleb's car insurance goes up a further €250 for no valid reason?
    Yep, Fine Gael are completed detached ............ just like the Romanovs in 1917/18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

She is a goner, she dosnt stand a chance in the next election if she runs. You are totally wrong about this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

She is a goner, she dosnt stand a chance in the next election if she runs. You are totally wrong about this one.

I think it would be very very foolish of her to stand again. It would be humiliating.

I actually think Farrell and Madigan will be biting their nails too if the opposition get their act together and go after them.

Then why are FG going to run her? Surely focus groups and the public reaction is screaming at them not too. It's utterly bizarre. What does she have on them is my question now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Then why are FG going to run her? Surely focus groups and the public reaction is screaming at them not too. It's utterly bizarre. What does she have on them is my question now?

She is FG royalty. Divine right and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

V
    Why are FG protecting her in this way, what is their reasoning for this which is sure to backfire. Could they not come down hard on her even for the PR value if they don't care about what she did. I don't really understand

I think MB has some damning info on frau Madigan. Leo is aware of this and is sh1t scared darling Maria will spill the beans if she doesn’t get what SHE wants.

Purely my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

It's called Democracy in Action!

The worthy voters of DL-R put her into the Dáil, so its the worthy voters of DL-R who should be allowed to decide whether or not they want her back in the Dail to represent them.

And maybe she'll get back! - after all, the voters of Tipperary simply adore re-electing convicted tax cheat Mick Lowry to the Dáil. And the voters of Wexford were happy to send tax thief Mick Wallace back to the Dáil to represent them! So being a dodgy candidate is no bar to being re-elected.

Also, FG need to run 40% female candidates in the GE or they'll lose 50% portion of their State Funding. Hence they will persist in running appallingly inept female candidates, including Maria the Swinger!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The funny thing about wexford is a vote for Wallace was a vote for sending a lad off to eyrope6on his jollies

The funny thing about wexford is a vote for Wallace was a vote for sending a lad off to europe on his jollies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Because they don't have the balls to do anything else.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fg-may-add-two-councillors-to-ticket-in-maria-bailey-constituency-1.4001785

They will feel out every single possible other option and exhaust them all, and still not be rid of her unless she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

salmocab wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be too sure, she was elected on something like the 7th count last time so she only needs to lose a few hundred transfers and she will have lost FG a solid seat.
    Some first seats are not won until the 6th-7th counts and it depends on where the FPV go. DL does tend to attract a lot of no-hopers at election time so it takes a few counts just to eliminate them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fg-may-add-two-councillors-to-ticket-in-maria-bailey-constituency-1.4001785
    TD mired in controversy over swing incident under pressure not to run in Dún Laoghaire.

Fine Gael strategists are considering adding two councillors to the ticket in the Dún Laoghaire constituency where one of the party’s sitting TDs, Maria Bailey, is under pressure not to stand again.

Ms MacNeill, the head of corporate and public affairs at Wilson Hartnell PR, is understood to be planning to leave her job at the end of September in order to focus on serving as a councillor on a full-time basis, a move which has further fuelled speculation about the party’s plans for the constituency.

The end is nigh I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Too little too late imo, stable door after the horse has bolted and all that jazz.

Leo's lack of decisive action earlier will most likely (read hopefully) cost them dearly in the next election, the FG Party proved with the welfare cheat campaign v Madigan and Baileys claim that theirs not a fcuk given for anyone or anything but themselves and the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Minister for skills no less. !
    Disgusted at RTE, no less
    Junket to Russia ,no less.

They really have no fookin shame.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/rt-have-disgraced-the-nation-minister-hits-out-at-broadcaster-38453804.html

• Advertisement

I worked with a skills champion...electrician, went on to be an automation engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭This is it

If she doesn't run for FG I presume she'll run independent? Either way I hope she falls flat on her face. I won't be voting FG whatever the case is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This is it wrote: »
    If she doesn't run for FG I presume she'll run independent? Either way I hope she falls flat on her face. I won't be voting FG whatever the case is

Wont be the first time she fell flat on her face. Wonder who she'll try to sue ? ;)

Madigan is my local TD, I cannot wait till the day she stops by canvassing so I can bring this up.

Have already written her a letter stating I won’t be supporting her or FG in any capacity over this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Madigan is my local TD, I cannot wait till the day she stops by canvassing so I can bring this up.
    Jebus, I hope you have no steps on your property .....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

This is it wrote: »

If she remains a FG candidate then the party needs a new leader. Disgusted with Bruton's comments during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Look whos back

MARIA-BAILEY-758A8889_90578869.jpg

MARIA-BAILEY-II2A9284_90578866.jpg
    Fine Gael TD, Maria Bailey (above right and pic 2 with Catherine Byrne TD)) joined, top from left: Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe and Minister for Health Simon Harris at the launch of the government’s publication of the HSE Capital Plan in the National Rehabilitation Hospital, in Ms Bailey’s constituency.

They write themselves.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/09/02/swing-by-anytime/#comments

Yes
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Look whos back

MARIA-BAILEY-758A8889_90578869.jpg

MARIA-BAILEY-II2A9284_90578866.jpg
    Fine Gael TD, Maria Bailey (above right and pic 2 with Catherine Byrne TD)) joined, top from left: Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe and Minister for Health Simon Harris at the launch of the government’s publication of the HSE Capital Plan in the National Rehabilitation Hospital, in Ms Bailey’s constituency.

They write themselves.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/09/02/swing-by-anytime/#comments

That's a very unfortunate picture.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Leo’s back off his holliers

Some journalist this week is going to ask him about the Bailey report an he’s going to say the matter is closed or some version of that.

I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but FF members have ramped up the admittedly hypocritical attack’s on the government past few weeks. Including and most noticeably their Brexit spokeswoman taking shots at them st no outlining of plans for brexit.

We’re getting an election for sure. Maybe sooner than thought?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement