Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's now been relegated to click bait articles on Joe.ie's "Teenage sister" evoke.ie

LOL.

Must say, my prediction of an announcement before the summer recess which allowed the story to go round in circles for a month, followed by it being forgetten come September when brexit is back on the agenda was pretty faking spot on, if I do say so myself.

Great tactics. Kudos to the FG PR team on that one.

Look Paddy, thanks and all but we don't need the help. The story is there for the ages. With McElvaney and his loadsa money and Bailey the character of FG is set, but thanks for trying to keep the pilot light lit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

It's the FG arrogance that will eventually be their downfall....just like delusional paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

tototoe wrote: »
    It's the FG arrogance that will eventually be their downfall....just like delusional paddy

I have my suspicion that the FG PR machine that he was congratulating actually work for FF because it’s them that will reap the rewards of all this.

salmocab wrote: »
    I have my suspicion that the FG PR machine that he was congratulating actually work for FF because it’s them that will reap the rewards of all this.

Yeah he's certainly not helping FG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0904/1073755-hugh-mcelvaney-court/

Another ex-FG politician trying to block SIPO investigating him for corruption.
    A county councillor has lost his High Court bid aimed at preventing an ethics inquiry being conducted over comments he made while being secretly filmed by RTÉ Investigates.

The action was brought by Monaghan Councillor Hugh McElvaney, who is the subject of a Standards in Public Office (SIPO) Commission investigation into whether he breached ethics when he was one of the subjects of the programme, which was aired in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0904/1073755-hugh-mcelvaney-court/

Another ex-FG politician trying to block SIPO investigating him for corruption.

And failing! And, presumably, will have (hopefully significant) costs awarded against him!

Happy days, well done the judiciary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It's now been relegated to click bait articles on Joe.ie's "Teenage sister" evoke.ie

LOL.

Must say, my prediction of an announcement before the summer recess which allowed the story to go round in circles for a month, followed by it being forgetten come September when brexit is back on the agenda was pretty faking spot on, if I do say so myself.

The issue is that it is not resolved

So anytime anything come up it can be fired back in FG face......some people might have forgot but then everyone in Meath and surround area hasn't when a local attraction got closed at weekend because of insurance

Don't you worry, every single time and insurance topic comes up it will be brought back to Maria and Leo.....

Brexit is top story, but below that is insurance and insurance and insurance story.....

Also must get to work on the signs for the election here.....

What excuse will Leo come up with once Brexit is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Thanks for that. However after listening to her voice again, I won’t be replaying this piece any time soon.

LOL.

I wonder what buzz you can possibly get ‘thanking’ yourself, Paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/co-meath-adventure-park-closes-due-to-rising-insurance-costs-28-jobs-lost-947998.html

Yeah, Brexit is going to make everyone forget about this.. :rolleyes:
    The owner of a family adventure centre who was forced to close his 21-year old business because of soaring insurance costs, has now vowed to spend his 'free time' lobbying for change.

Dave Robinson reluctantly had to shut the gates on Rathbeggan Lakes Family Adventure Park, near Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath last Sunday because the only insurance quote he could obtain was from a Slovakian company who wanted €40,000 to cover the facilities for the year - a 100% hike on what he had paid in 2018.

The excess on his premiums also jumped from €300 to €10,000.

The closure has led to the loss of 28 jobs........

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/another-adventure-centre-closes-over-100-insurance-premium-hike-948305.html
    Rising insurance costs have closed yet another Irish centre but owners are determined to make the best of the situation by diversifying.

Loughcrew Adventure Centre, outside Oldcastle, Co Meath, was forced to close earlier today because of a 100% insurance premium hike from €20,000 to €40,000.

An estimated 150,000 people have enjoyed activities such as wall-climbing, zip-lining and archery at the 15-year old centre, which employs 20 seasonal jobs.

A last-minute threat to also close the Loughcrew Estate, house and manicured gardens was averted when owner Emily Napier managed to secure public liability insurance for those facilities through an Irish broker.

• Advertisement

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Will this thread reach 10,000 replies?

YES......unless Leo wakes up & smells the roses.

Suckit wrote: »

Fair play to him as well he is bombarding Facebook with posts about it.....

Would love to see Maria or Leo try and come around this area in the next 2 years.

All the spin in the World doesn't change people opinion when everyone kids have nowhere to go at the weekend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Fair play to him as well he is bombarding Facebook with posts about it.....

Would love to see Maria or Leo try and come around this area in the next 2 years.

All the spin in the World doesn't change people opinion when everyone kids have nowhere to go at the weekend.....

Spent a few days off and on at Rathbeggan Lakes with my grandchildren.
    It’s a great place. They thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Shame to see it close, especially for insurance reasons. They actually had very few claims yet their insurance was hiked up out of all proportion. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

This thread is definitely going to go over 10k posts. Sorry Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Spent a few days off and on at Rathbeggan Lakes with my grandchildren.
    It’s a great place. They thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Shame to see it close, especially for insurance reasons. They actually had very few claims yet their insurance was hiked up out of all proportion. Shame.

Remember that come election time !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Look Paddy, thanks and all but we don't need the help. The story is there for the ages. With McElvaney and his loadsa money and Bailey the character of FG is set, but thanks for trying to keep the pilot light lit.

Don't forget about "false foto Farrell" and his roaring at the two women.

ABFG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Living in Meath with kids, this year we've had the following closers all of which we've visited in the past few years:
    Rathbeggan Lakes,
    Loughcrew Adventure centre
    Lo Lo Town

Had been to Loughcrew Estate and was waiting for the kids to be a bit older before using the Adventure centre. It's a real pity.

I hate to focus on one single point when it comes to a General Election but this issue will score heavily enough when I'm weighing up the options.

FG have displayed arrogance on a number of other issues and it is this arrogance I'm afraid that also irks me quite a bit. So here's a examples -
    1. Water Charges (remember Phil)
    2. Public Services card
    3. Apple Tax rebate
    4. National Children's Hospital
    5. Allowing the Legal profession take a shredder to the recommended reforms from the Troika
    6. National Broadband plan

(1) Without getting into the whole paying for water debate, they wasted money on PR costs, consultancy, metering and billing when flat charges would have sufficed to just pick the infrastructure off the ground to begin with. Working on the roof before the foundations comes to mind.
    (2) Pouring more money into the court trough for their friends as they appeal the DPC decision
    (3) More money into the tough. Why don't Apple pay for the appeal themselves?
    (4) Arrogance begets arrogance. They have to justify the massive overspend already by spending more. "How can you expect us to stop the hole is already dug?"
    (5) In the back pockets of legal profession and looks like they always will be unfortunately.
    (6) 1 bidder. No problem, sure we'll pay whatever you want.

If it was an ordinary company, off they go, but it's taxpayers money that they are so nonchalantly throwing away. I could go on with where they have failed to deliver and make in roads such as the cost of living and the housing crisis but they are more about policy. The above list is only to focus on their arrogance.

FG have displayed arrogance on a number of other issues and it is this arrogance I'm afraid that also irks me quite a bit. So here's a examples -
    2. Public Services card
    3. Apple Tax rebate
    5. Allowing the Legal profession take a shredder to the recommended reforms from the Troika
    They also wasted money last week or two weeks ago but I can't remember on what exactly. There have been so many.
    There was also the talk of councillors doubling or almost doubling their wages. :eek::mad::mad:
    If you can't do it for the current wage - F**k off. Corrupt Monkeys.
    TD's pay rise
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tds-wages-jump-to-over-96000-after-pay-hike-heres-what-the-political-parties-have-said-about-it-so-far-38456577.html
    This lot just seem to find ways to waste money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

2. Public Services card
    3. Apple Tax rebate

Don't forget the ongoing Cervical Check scandal. The women involved and their families have been treated appallingly.

Living in Meath with kids, this year we've had the following closers all of which we've visited in the past few years:
    Rathbeggan Lakes,
    Loughcrew Adventure centre
    Lo Lo Town

Had been to Loughcrew Estate and was waiting for the kids to be a bit older before using the Adventure centre. It's a real pity.

I hate to focus on one single point when it comes to a General Election but this issue will score heavily enough when I'm weighing up the options.

2. Public Services card
    3. Apple Tax rebate

(1) Without getting into the whole paying for water debate, they wasted money on PR costs, consultancy, metering and billing when flat charges would have sufficed to just pick the infrastructure off the ground to begin with. Working on the roof before the foundations comes to mind.
    (2) Pouring more money into the court trough for their friends as they appeal the DPC decision
    (3) More money into the tough. Why don't Apple pay for the appeal themselves?
    (4) Arrogance begets arrogance. They have to justify the massive overspend already by spending more. "How can you expect us to stop the hole is already dug?"
    (5) In the back pockets of legal profession and looks like they always will be unfortunately.
    (6) 1 bidder. No problem, sure we'll pay whatever you want.

If it was an ordinary company, off they go, but it's taxpayers money that they are so nonchalantly throwing away. I could go on with where they have failed to deliver and make in roads such as the cost of living and the housing crisis but they are more about policy. The above list is only to focus on their arrogance.

You forgot record breaking numbers of children homeless. More than any other time ever.
    Also the housing crisis and hospital trolley crisis. Sitserv sweet deal still under investigation. Noonan's 'inappropriate behaviour' re vulture fund/project eagle. Reilly's clinic allocations.

• Advertisement

Don’t forget, for the national broadband plan...they had a number of bidders including Vodafone etc....outside the process the government handed a load of the high profit locations to Eir.....meaning all that was left was the Hugh cost low profit locations

Once they done this then all the bidders dropped out....hence the mess we are in now

People seem to have forgot that part....referring to FF as brown envelope, they have nothing on FG

Don't forget about "false foto Farrell" and his roaring at the two women.

ABFG

We certainly won’ Forget the Boulder Farrell, also not forgetting Madigan, and then bring on Leoooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I do accounts for a nursing home and they're having terrible trouble getting people in at the moment because there's a freeze on interim funding.

An example is a patient who is close to end of life at the moment, hospital can do no more for this patient and they should be in a nursing home but no funding is available for another 3 weeks. Why? Because they only release a certain amount each week.

When I pointed out to a Director of Nursing that it costs 1000 per week in a nursing home vs 5000 per week in a hospital the reply is that the way the government look at it is that the bed in the hospital would be full anyway. Never mind all the people on trollies waiting for those beds. That's the kind of **** we're putting up with from that 12 year old Harris.

I will never ever vote FG again.

It's disappointing we keep giving these fiscal charlatans credit for being firm but fair. They talk a good game, (maybe not Leo) but the housing crisis alone should have brought them down, but FF of course look after their own, FG.
    Sadly Brexit will over shadow many things and excuse away many more. This Bailey swing fraud is a great milestone for the public as it will never go away and serve as a reminder to the real caliber of the FG party.

I just visited Maria Baileys twitter page to see if she has been active.
    Twitter recommends following, Madigan, Farrell and Yer Wan who went for the sympathy vote. I believe Ende told her if she didn't get in, he'd make her a Senator anyway, because God love her.
    dbaKYrz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Suckit wrote: »
    I just visited Maria Baileys twitter page to see if she has been active.
    Twitter recommends following, Madigan, Farrell and Yer Wan who went for the sympathy vote. I believe Ende told her if she didn't get in, he'd make her a Senator anyway, because God love her.
    dbaKYrz.png

Have you nothing better to be doing than creeping on twitter pages like a ghoul.

Helen McEntee has proven to be one of the most capable representatives in this country. He work on brexit and ensuring irelands position is firm and clear has been complimented throughout the EU. The fact that she became a TD after her father's tragic passing is a very cheap shot and says an awful lot about you. And the rest of the cranks here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

And the rest of the cranks here.
    His post doesn't reflect on anyone but him. Any excuse to undermine critics of the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can't make up my mind if losty is a low level troll - on the wind up, or he's taking up the baton wheelie dropped, and he's openly challenging his reign as the buck eejit on boards who defended everything the fg party did, no matter how indefensible it was.

Has me stumped so it has. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Can't make up my mind if losty is a low level troll - on the wind up, or he's taking up the baton wheelie dropped, and he's openly challenging his reign as the buck eejit on boards who defended everything the fg party did, no matter how indefensible it was.

Has me stumped so it has. :D

He's right about mcentee though she's great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He's right about mcentee though she's great

Tbh I didn't even get that far to see what he had written about her, I stopped reading and was in convulsions laughing at him giving out about someone "creeping like a ghoul" in reference to a public representatives Twitter account.

How dare a pleb look at their public reps Twitter page FFS. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement