Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

is_that_so wrote: »
    Calm, consistently emphasising our positions, faced down any UK nonsense and challenged them to provide alternatives and at least given the impression he is at the core of our own planning. That's a good job from me. In the Brexit classroom that is top of the class!

There is very little evidence of any planning. Just talk about planning.

Coveney is consistently spouting out the broken record that he has been told to say. He shows no skills for critical thinking or visionary thinking. He is Enda Mark II. Completely and constantly coached.

Faced down any UK nonsense? :D I would say 99% of UK MPs don't know his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is very little evidence of any planning. Just talk about planning.

Coveney is consistently spouting out the broken record that he has been told to say. He shows no skills for critical thinking or visionary thinking. He is Enda Mark II.

Faced down any UK nonsense? :D I doubt most of the MPs know his name!
    Most MPs don't even know what they're voting for so hardly a standard. What visionary stuff are you looking for? As for the planning thing, not seeming to have a plan is actually a good bargaining chip. Really don't want to give Boris any excuse to claim we don't need the backstop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Calm, consistently emphasising our positions, faced down any UK nonsense and challenged them to provide alternatives and at least given the impression he is at the core of our own planning. That's a good job from me. In the Brexit classroom that is top of the class!

So he memorized a script and stuck to it. Basically nothing so. Thanks for the clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Outsourcing in its own right did not cause the situation. Lack of proper oversight of the labs doing work cost people's lives.

Screening isn't infallible and there hasn't been the sort of blinded testing to show that the labs were performing suboptimally. It's too strong a claim to say women have lost their lives due to the current arrangements. I'm not going to defend everything within CervicalCheck by any means, but we shouldn't throw claims around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fair enough. What rock are you looking under?

Ahh little insults

None of the Irish government are coming out of this with any positives

What exactly have they done for Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh little insults

It's the Fine Gael way around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I see FG top the poll yet again in the latest Red C poll. Wonderful stuff. The doom and gloom predictions here from "former FG supporters" are obviously nonsense.

Also heartening to see SF failing miserably at the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My understanding is that there was a huge backlog of smear tests in a disorganised and disjointed screening system before CervicalCheck was set up in 2008. Outsourcing was therefore necessary to clear that backlog. Given the year on year reduction in cervical cancer deaths since then, it is arguable that outsourcing actually saved lives as part of the new programme - it is undeniable that CervicalCheck has saved lives. The independent reviews and reports to date have given no reason to believe that the Irish system does not produce results in line with international norms.

I believe Harney also introduced the HPV vaccine programme in Ireland.

It’s really unfortunate that what should be one of her proudest achievements is being used as a stick to beat her with

The vaccine is made here too for the world market

I see FG top the poll yet again in the latest Red C poll. Wonderful stuff. The doom and gloom predictions here from "former FG supporters" are obviously nonsense.

You miss the bit where FF have gone up 4 points and are nearly level with FG

If you see that as a win then things are really gone to s**t in FG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fine Gael is up a point in the latest Sunday Business Post / Red C poll to 29%.

But Fianna Fail has shot up 4 points - to 28% support overall.

Just for clarity Paddy, and bear in mind that when an election campaign is officially launched, that CCTV footage, and further details of Jospepha Madigans involvement will most likely get dropped into the mix by a very eager indo.

Also, I guess the irony of constantly telling people the story is finished while simultaneously keeping the story alive by contributing to the thread is lost on you.

Not the fizziest tin in the fridge, are we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Plucking at straws again Paddy. As hilighted elsewhere, you forgot to mention that FF are right behind you. And let place this on record, I have never, nor will I ever vote FG. Their TD down here in South Kildare is a Houdini, never to be seen - oh he’ on the tv right now. That’s what’s thought of him here, anywhere else but Kildare.

Heavens help the country though if that is all we have to persevere with!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Plucking at straws again Paddy. As hilighted elsewhere, you forgot to mention that FF are right behind you.

Heavens help the country though if that is all we have to persevere with!

He also doesn’t like the inconvenient fact that RedC has a heavy FG bias and what worse for him and FG it has a negative bias to FF.

I expect him to run away from facts but
    Local Elections (last before election)
    RedC FG- 28
    Actual FG- 25

RedC FF- 24
    Actual FF- 27

The last general election was even worse (this is broken down as SBP / Paddy Power since RedC did separate polls for each)
    RedC FG- 30 / 30
    Actual FG- 25.5

The Paddy Power one was closest to the election.

RedC FF- 18 / 20
    Actual FF- 24

Given RedC performance to date I’d say that this would be FF- 32 and FG- 26 in the general election. Obviously a lot can change from now til then, but if I’m in the FG backroom right now, I’m getting a bit worried.

Now I do agree with him that the election will not be won or lost solely on Maria Bailey, but this is an own goal that gets added to all their other woeful handlings. If someone is going between FF/FG this could push them over the edge to FF.

Quite frankly if FG were doing a good job, this wouldn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Varadkar is looking for excuses for his poor performance instead of looking in the mirror at the main culprit for it.

FG won't lose on the Maria Bailey mess

They will lose because of it and.....
    Children Hospital
    Broadband
    Brexit
    Lack of action on Climate
    Farmer issues
    RTE and television license
    The total HSE mess
    Insurance issues
    and
    Maria Bailey

I am sure I can think of more but that's off top of head

What do you think about that Paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

Cheek of Leo to come out yesterday as well and say he doesn't think the whole Maria Bailey thing will have any impact on the election. It's death by a thousand cuts, FG surely are internally bracing themselves for annihilation at the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Homelander wrote: »
    Cheek of Leo to come out yesterday as well and say he doesn't think the whole Maria Bailey thing will have any impact on the election. It's death by a thousand cuts, FG surely are internally bracing themselves for annihilation at the polls.
    FG and FF now neck and neck according to the latest poll

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1172903980739043328

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

FG are not doing a bad job by irish standards. I don't see why they would be annihilated.

People have a very short memory if they are OK with FF being in control

bilbot79 wrote: »
    FG are not doing a bad job by irish standards. I don't see why they would be annihilated.

People have a short memory? It seems the collective memory of FG is shorter still. The current arrangement is contingent on FF's support which FG are happy to accept. Leo is on record as saying he will support a minority FF government if it arises .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FG won't lose on the Maria Bailey mess

They will lose because of it and.....
    Children Hospital
    Broadband
    Brexit
    Lack of action on Climate
    Farmer issues
    RTE and television license
    The total HSE mess
    Insurance issues
    and
    Maria Bailey

I am sure I can think of more but that's off top of head

What do you think about that Paddy?

Irish Water and the jobs for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭bilbot79

People have a short memory? It seems the collective memory of FG is shorter still. The current arrangement is contingent on FF's support which FG are happy to accept. Leo is on record as saying he will support a minority FF government if it arises .

FF shouldn't still exist. I'll never forget how they all bailed out with their fat pensions when the s*** hit the fan rather than stay and help clean up their mess. FG cleaned up their mess.

FF shouldn't still exist. I'll never forget how they all bailed out with their fat pensions when the s*** hit the fan rather than stay and help clean up their mess. FG cleaned up their mess.

FG cleaned up their mess? Thanks for the attempt at rewriting history. Btw it's FG's fault that FF are on the rise .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'll never forget how FGbots told us pretty much the exact same thing right up to the time where they then decided to forget about FF being any thing other than good enough to enter a partnership with.

Prob pretty much the exact same thing will happen this next election too, except perhaps the roles will be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'll have 2 pints of whatever your drinking

Edit;; one for each hand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Short memory? You are having a laugh, eh? I think everyone contributing to this thread except for Paddy & his aliases, will make sure not to forget what’s happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

You can add certain members of the medical profession, who sign off on all sorts of spurious claims by claimants and submit medical reports to court supporting the claims that are being submitted on a daily basis at the moment.

I am fairly sure they wont accept a physios opinion it must be from a doctor which is mental. A physio would surely be best place to determine the extent of soft tissue injuries.

The legal profession and Injuries Board are the main problem with large payouts, it should be Injuries Board book of quantum or **** off barring really complex or serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Short memory? You are having a laugh, eh? I think everyone contributing to this thread except for Paddy & his aliases, will make sure not to forget what’s happened.
    Elections are rarely single issues save when a party is about to be unceremoniously dumped and that has only happened once. Polls, for what they are worth, suggest it will be very tight. Health, education, finance, the future all come into play. Sure there will be some who'll never forget and will "never again" vote for a party but it is quite absurd to think the fate of the current government rests on the actions of a probable ex-TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well the tainiste at the time lives near me, shes the same age as me and her pension is twice what i earn ................

(I've over 10 years until whatever the new retirement age will be )

she hasnt bothered working since

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not sure how relevant this is but Maria, on a good day, and with a a friendly camera, can look very nice.

Sure there will be some who'll never forget and will "never again" vote for a party but it is quite absurd to think the fate of the current government rests on the actions of a probable ex-TD.

The inaction of Leo Varadkar on the possible expulsion of Maria Bailey will be influential on the fate of the current government. Weak leadership doesn't inspire confidence. Voting public don't live in a goldfish bowl, the ballot box is the proverbial nail.

Not sure how relevant this is but Maria, on a good day, and with a a friendly camera, can look very nice.

She looks like a walking corpse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Voting public don't live in a goldfish bowl, the ballot box is the proverbial nail.

This sentence makes no sense. Try writing in plain English. Metaphors obviously aren't your forte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement