Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That would be a bit brazen even for Leo.
    The public wouldn’t like that at all.

Tbf Enda (nor the FG party) had no hassle with Maira Cahill, a known dissident republican being plonked into the Seanad.

Unless I missed the outrage from him or the party, but I don't think I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The Greens and Labour solution for everything is to throw taxpayers money at it.

Would never vote for either. It would cost me a lot more hard earned money.

How are they any different to FF. They bankrupted us!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/compo-claim-fine-gael-mep-16538293

Like Alan Farrell she saw the hire car company as an easy target.

Seriously? How did McGuinness being in court 15 years ago affect your current insurance policy? Just go find yourself a cheaper insurance quote and stop blaming people other than who is to blame - your insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Or we'll more likely have Senator Bailey

Only within Leo's gift if he returns as taoiseach AFAIK? Maybe he'll make it a condition of supporting a minority FF government...

is_that_so wrote: »
    Seriously? How did McGuinness being in court 15 years ago affect your current insurance policy? Just go find yourself a cheaper insurance quote and stop blaming people other than who is to blame - your insurance company.

Not sure if you're being serious, or on the wind up.

Why does McGuiness' soft claim being lodged 15 years ago matter? These things have a knock on affect to us all.

It would be like turning a blind eye to someone who played the welfare system 15 years ago to bag themselves a "free 4 bed semi-detached" nice top up each week/month by way of a payment from mummy SW cheque, and maybe even a little runaround thrown in for the bad back......sure just they cheated it 15 years ago.....blame the lax checks in the sw systems....

Insurance, just like Leo's welfare cheats campaign, cheats us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How are they any different to FF. They bankrupted us!

There was no difference when the wee bit of power was offered. They soon forgot their own policies to rubber stamp FF and FG policies.

Tbf Enda (nor the FG party) had no hassle with Maira Cahill, a known dissident republican being plonked into the Seanad.

Unless I missed the outrage from him or the party, but I don't think I did.

Bailey comes from within and can damage them.
    Maria was treated the way she was because she was abused and could be used also to put other parties down and throw stuff back at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just had a girl call to the door with a list of the local candidates and asking who my top 3 would be if an election was called in the morning.

Crazy weather here at the moment so fair play to her being out in it, but interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just had a girl call to the door with a list of the local candidates and asking who my top 3 would be if an election was called in the morning.

Crazy weather here at the moment so fair play to her being out in it, but interesting..

FF 1 and 2, and your gombeen Independent 3rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Good point. Gerry Adams being in the IRA 40 years ago has had no effect on my home insurance policy.

Surely my Insurance could be the only reason I would point out his past :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

If he does, he'll only do it once though.
    FG 1 and 2, Labour 3 and Greens 4. Don’t bother with the rest of the alphabet. Voted at quarter past 7 this morning

I’ll vote the exact same later when I head down to the home place.

Hero. Leo be proud.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fine , except that the insurance company's are using these claims to justify price increases.....Claim scammers are loved by the insurance company's,,,and that's the reality, They do not give a damn about how much is awarded...it's passed on in multiples to the customer....us, in other words's :mad: Total claims payouts over the years have not increased dramatically as have the cost of premium's, in the 100's%, but insurance profit's have increased,,,,make the connection.

It certainly won't be FG Johnny. I won't be the only one to skip right over them either I'd say.
    If he does, he'll only do it once though.
    FG 1 and 2, Labour 3 and Greens 4. Don’t bother with the rest of the alphabet. Voted at quarter past 7 this morning

I’ll vote the exact same later when I head down to the home place.

Hero. Leo be proud.:D

Ah electoral fraud. Another fine advocacy for the Law and Order party :rolleyes:

I think Johnny needs to stop digging, before he really DOES hit China!

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Dean Hotel co-owner on Radio 1 now

Missed this... anything new come to light?

Missed this... anything new come to light?

From 0:09:00
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/items/70?date=2019-09-21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

For someone who said there are more interesting threads on Boards than this ( or words to that effect ), you sure as hell are contradicting yourself. Also why don’t you kop yourself on and realize the longer this thread goes on, the more names from FG are sucked in, and it is now appearing insurance fraud is endemic and totally acceptable within the FG ranks.

She know something we don’t? Who is she canvassing on behalf of? What area you in Kaiser?

Gee Johnny, name calling again?

FYI: My 123 would be:

SD
    Ind
    Ind

And that’s it.

And Johnny, Some of these ‘gombeen’ independents are keeping FG in power.

And Johnny, Some of these ‘gombeen’ independents are keeping FG in power.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t gombeens though,
    Pops. Independents are about as much use to the running of the State as a cock flavoured lollipop.

• Advertisement

Gee Johnny, name calling again?

FYI: My 123 would be:

SD
    Ind
    Ind

And that’s it.

Social Democrats. Lovely bunch - all warm and fussy and promising everything. Very earnest sorts. Wait until they are power and at least one of them is a minister, and having to deal with big problems with limited budgets. You’ll all turn on them, as most of you haven’t a clue about politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In that scenario you'd expect HQ will make the call. Given that they are going to be down three TDs now, including one in DL they'll probably look for a way to encourage her to go quietly - for the party.

The problem is she is refusing to go quietly. Lets not forget her huge sense of entitlement, as far as Maria is concerned thats 'her' seat. She doesnt have the emotional intelligence to realise that she talked herself out of retaining the seat when she did that disastrous radio interview.

The local FG party members will try to remove her from the ticket but thats not a fait accompli either as she has many supporters within that group. Personally I want to see her on the ticket, if only for the sh1ts and giggles of the election campaign :D

Social Democrats. Lovely bunch - all warm and fussy and promising everything. Very earnest sorts. Wait until they are power and at least one of them is a minister, and having to deal with big problems with limited budgets. You’ll all turn on them, as most of you haven’t a clue about politics.

SD’s promising everything? Sure that’s what we the gulible electorate had to put up with for years.

If nothing else, it will be nice to hear empty promises from another angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Suckit wrote: »

This is worth a listen. Must say it was a bit surreal listening to an interview with a multi millionaire businessman discussing a swing at length.

He said he has seen the report that Leo commissioned by the barrister and more or less called it a nothing burger, he said it doesnt make any conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So months after we reliably informed by some 'experts' here that this would be yesterday's news before the summer, seems they were incredibly wrong. Bailey still making it to the air waves and news print five months after the story broke. Looking forward to the footage leaking......

Doesn’t mean they aren’t gombeens though,
    Pops. Independents are about as much use to the running of the State as a cock flavoured lollipop.

Cock flavored lollipop? Sorry, I won’t be lowering Myself to your gombeen level.

Is a cock flavoured Lollipop a good thing or a bad thing?

We could ask the leaders of each party, and see what they say. Or does anyone else know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It’s clear she wanted money but didn’t foresee it getting into the public domain.
    Backfired spectacularly on her and thus on her party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jmreire wrote: »
    Fine , except that the insurance company's are using these claims to justify price increases.....Claim scammers are loved by the insurance company's,,,and that's the reality, They do not give a damn about how much is awarded...it's passed on in multiples to the customer....us, in other words's :mad: Total claims payouts over the years have not increased dramatically as have the cost of premium's, in the 100's%, but insurance profit's have increased,,,,make the connection.
    The connection is that they can increase with the same company. Only had three real increases (more than 10% increase) over 20 years through changing so some posters are clearly doing something wrong. Some people change everything every year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement