Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    At the rate Leo is going he will end up been one of the worst Taoiseach Ireland ever had

He has achieved nothing so far, his big plays, children hospital and broadband, are a disaster. FG have done nothing since they got into power
    Why should this change just cos he's taoiseach? He has always achieved fcuk all in any capacity in government.

Dr Dolittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

boombang wrote: »
    The Rape of Lucretia's comments on this are as deluded as Maria Bailey's sense of entitlement or Leo's lack of judgement to make her walk the plank.

tRoLl

• Registered Users Posts: 19,559 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You don't!!

You can affirm.

Affidavit of verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,559 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

smurgen wrote: »
    She's on the front of the Sunday indo claiming she just wanted her 7k medical bills paid,yet her claim was for 53000 more.she's lying again.

Why didn't she proceed in the District court then? She can get up to 15k there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Is it really? It was a chancer with zero morals who has gotten found out but in the greater scheme of things, what do you think will happen? Rule changes? Eviction from the party?
    RTE did a program on 3 councillors who were offering their services for money and all 3 look set to be returned...

People should be focusing on the likes of that or any of the national topics which deserve serious attention rather than getting invested in something like this.
    i see what youre saying but yes i think it is important to demand high standards of integrity from those in public office...even if we dont get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Q: What's her brother's favourite band?

A: Swing out Sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

:confused:
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    There is serious questions over how Mother Superior Madigan was running her solicitors practice. She is being sued by not one but five different banks over solicitors undertakings she gave them but didnt fulfill. A solicitors undertaking is basically like a bond, it is their word that they will preform what it says on the undertaking so to break it immediately all other solicitors would see her as untrustworthy.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/high-court-proceedings-josepha-madigan-4445170-Jan2019/

So thats Ulster Bank, KBC, AIB, Bank of Ireland and Bank of Scotland all suing her. All she needs now is for Permanent TSB to sue too and then she has the clean sweep of Irish banks and can call out bingo.

To be fair she was practising family law

The undertakings given by the firm would relate to conveyancing work which as I understand was not her area.. But I take the point that she was a partner in the firm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

i would encourage everyone to stick with this case (its too important to be allowed fizzle out) but also to moderate your tone and play the ball not the man otherwise as sure as eggs is eggs she will be in the paper crying about internet trolls

She deserves every bit of ridicule coming her way. My heart bleeds for her.
    Pity others can't be publicly shamed in the same way, then we might not have the numbers of chancers that we do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This lady is a joke. She also said that she was a keen runner and this accident impacted her running abilities.
    However it turns out she did a 53 min 10k just 3 weeks after the fall. Fine Gael will be damaged by this for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

This lady is a joke. She also said that she was a keen runner and this accident impacted her running abilities. However it turns out she did a 53 min 10k just 3 weeks after the fall.

We know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

She has withdrawn her claim. She was entitled to make it. She was entitled to withdraw it. The law is the same for everyone. If it has weaknesses, legislation should rectify it. The were some inadvertent errors in her submission - that happens at times, even with the best care and will in the world. Don't read too much into that.
    The press hounding and jump to conclusions was very stressful - and people should consider how they have contributed to someone having to reverse on their legal rights as a result.
    As Maria says, the matter is now closed. No further comment will be made.

"Very stressful". What about the stress caused to the business she was trying to screw? As someone who works for a medium sized business, I've dealt with greedy lying cnuts like her before. All they see is euro signs and they don't a fcuk about the consequences. Investigative journalism isn't "hounding". It was in the public interest to have this story published. Maybe it will make others like her think twice before pursuing these ridiculous and damaging claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

She failed to perform a cost-benefit analysis.

(a) Earn €60k from a compensation claim.

Versus

(b) Forfeit €90k per annum in salary for many years to come.

The local electorate will remember this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

I really hope you're right, but I'm not so sure. As others have pointed out there have been so sorts of proven terrible people who are repeatedly returned by electorates. It's tempting to say this is a tendency of rural constituencies that feel my marginalised. However, Maria Bailey's father's success at council level indicates that middle class south side voters seem to be suckers/cretins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    She failed to perform a cost-benefit analysis.

(a) Earn €60k from a compensation claim.

Versus

She just got caught out because she was so obviously inept. her own lies were shown using easily verifiable timelines by way of her own social media posts. Imagine the stuff other,more cute politicians in the fine gael party are getting away with in secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Story in the Sunday times today is interesting.

Looks like she also sued Aer Lingus in 2004. She used to work for them back then.
    Case did not make it to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Ey she claimed the nature of the job ie shift work caused health problems...more like problems to her social life.

On a side note after the week that passed this is another example of why we need to support the newspaper industry. We need journalist doing work like this for the good of society.. you don't have to buy a newspaper everyday but every now and then at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Our old friend Senator Michelle Mulhearn is also in the news again.
    This time she was claiming 2k expenses for advertising clinics in her constituency in mayo.
    But as a senator who was nominated for the job she has no constituency. So she is in dispute.

She is the same one who was trying to claim expenses for calling her friend in Kenya a few years ago.
    Rotten to the core!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

everlast75 wrote:
    Why didn't she proceed in the District court then? She can get up to 15k there.

Excellent point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

This time she was claiming 2k expenses for advertising clinics in her constituency in mayo.
    But as a senator who was nominated for the job she has no constituency. So she is in dispute.

She is the same one who was trying to claim expenses for calling her friend in Kenya a few years ago.
    Rotten to the core!

Our own fault for not abolishing the place when we had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

boombang wrote: »
    I really hope you're right, but I'm not so sure. As others have pointed out there have been so sorts of proven terrible people who are repeatedly returned by electorates. It's tempting to say this is a tendency of rural constituencies that feel my marginalised. However, Maria Bailey's father's success at council level indicates that middle class south side voters seem to be suckers/cretins too.

Think of core FG voters! Many will be small business owners suffering the scourge of rampant out of control insurance premia.

And then they see one of their law and order party representatives engaging in the exact type of fradulent claim that is causing increased premia..

She isn't a 'gets things done' independent or 'his daddy fixed the roadsh' type FFer... I can't see how she'll hold her seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

She has withdrawn her claim. She was entitled to make it. She was entitled to withdraw it. The law is the same for everyone. If it has weaknesses, legislation should rectify it. The were some inadvertent errors in her submission - that happens at times, even with the best care and will in the world. Don't read too much into that. The press hounding and jump to conclusions was very stressful - and people should consider how they have contributed to someone having to reverse on their legal rights as a result. As Maria says, the matter is now closed. No further comment will be made.

She has withdrawn her claim. She was entitled to make it. She was entitled to withdraw it. The law is the same for everyone. If it has weaknesses, legislation should rectify it. The were some inadvertent errors in her submission - that happens at times, even with the best care and will in the world. Don't read too much into that. The press hounding and jump to conclusions was very stressful - and people should consider how they have contributed to someone having to reverse on their legal rights as a result. As Maria says, the matter is now closed. No further comment will be made.

Obviously you have the same warped moral compass as she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

I hope someone points out to Maria Bailey that just because she says that the matter is now closed doesn't mean it is. Although, I guess she probably knows that by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Leo will not know which way to Swing Politically from Now On .

Well Without Supervision !

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I dunno what the case was but know that Aer Lingus was her employer and it was in the High Court so mega moolah. Theres not much other details available online about it.

20k says the Mail on Sunday, that should soften her cough. Shes gonna have to ask her buddy Madigan for a dig out. Strangely her other pal Kate o'Connell TD who is a small business owner has been awfully quiet on this one.
    Hmm, you're not wrong, but calling Kate O'Connell a small-business owner is like saying that she dabbles in politics.

The O'Connells (she and her husband) are multi-millionaires. They're not some doddery old couple with a corner shop in Kimmage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

abff wrote: »
    He has just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Does that mean you thought he had any credibility up until yesterday afternoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

She now considers the issue closed. Says her family have had a tough week. Poor Maria the victim. Issue is far from bloody closed. She now has to suffer all the consequences of dishonest claim attempt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

She now considers the issue closed. Says her family have had a tough week. Poor Maria the victim. Issue is far from bloody closed. She now has to suffer all the consequences of dishonest claim attempt
    She probably thinks she can sue the Public for finding out the Truth about her .

I could swing for the likes of her .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also known as Fraud

Has the Aer Lingus thing come up thus far? Rumour is she either withdrew or settled a case against her former employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Happy4all wrote: »
    Maybe it sounds small minded, but I was so annoyed with the lack if any condemnation from FG on this matter and the blasé response to the children's hospital cost overspend, that I blanked them on the ballot papers. Maybe time for Leo to spend less time in the gym preening himself and actually show some leadership.

It does sound small minded.

The childrens hospital debacle is a valid reason to vote against FG. I don't think, however, FG have any role in interfering with legal cases taken by their members.

Very petty comment, with not so subtle undertones, about time spent in the gym. How long, exactly, do you think he spends in the gym relative to in his office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭golfball37

Rotten to the core!

After last night at least we’ll be spared her saying she should be entitled to All Ireland final tickets this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement