Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So the past social media updates indicated that she’s just not an intelligent person. The latest move has solidified that she’s actually thick as sh!t!

Add in her complete lack of morals and self awareness, she cannot continue in a position of public trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

theteal wrote: »
    So the past social media updates indicated that she’s just not an intelligent person. The latest move has solidified that she’s actually thick as sh!t!

Add in her complete lack of morals and self awareness, she cannot continue in a position of public trust.

There would be only 10-20 TDs left in the Dáil if we applied that criteria !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Cheers for this, hoping for a good long self serving justificating car-crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Listening back to the whole thing now.. the arrogance and indignation out of her is incredible! The way she's talking to the interviewer is shocking, and the ranting about the media and social media is just icing on the cake

Lots of victim-hood nonsense too, and tries to deflect every question put to her with: that's for a judge to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

In the last few years there have been countless publicised cases of claimants being found out to be lying or exaggerating injuries when their social media pages were examined. Surely anyone with an iota of sense reading those stories and aware they have a claim based on lies themselves would withdraw their case for fear of being discovered? Or is she so arrogant and up her own hole that she thought no one would ever question a politicians claim??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yurt! wrote: »
    That's when you know a snakey female politician has been utterly wrecked and completely boxed into a corner by their own hand, the 'strong female' defense comes out.

I watched austin powers at the weekend and that reminds me of a fembot malfunctioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Peatys wrote: »
    It'll be on the rte player after 12 when the show finishes

I'll be listening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

theteal wrote: »

Typical Fine Gael yet people keep voting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'll be listening :D
    It's live now, someone posted a tweet with the soundcloud link.

OMG, just listening. It's car crash. She admitted holding a bottle holding in one hand and reaching for a friends phone with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

she has no internal filter, painful listening to her lack of awareness

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thanks for the laugh. She is away with the fairies. Bit disappointed that SOR didn’t bring up how big the insurance issue is now in Ireland and how the public’s opinion is huge on this matter.

Hope she gets sacked and then never elected again. A disgrace of a representative

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Listening to it. It's a disaster. Did she actually ask anyone in FG if she should go on radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If what she is saying is correct (and I have reason to doubt anything that she says is true) that her kids were affected and there was personal abuse directed at them, I would have a problem with that.

By all means, haul her over the coals online, complain to FG etc are all fair game.

I just have an uneasy feeling when there the kids are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Claiming it would have been for a judge to decide if the hotel was at fault for her falling off a swing with a bottle of alcohol in one hand and reaching to take something from her friend with her other hand...

She's done. After their losses in the elections, there's no way Leo can stand by her now. FG can't afford to lose any more swing voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

everlast75 wrote: »
    If what she is saying is correct (and I have reason to doubt anything that she says is true) that her kids were affected and there was personal abuse directed at them, I would have a problem with that.

By all means, haul her over the coals online, complain to FG etc are all fair game.

I just have an uneasy feeling when there the kids are involved.

I wouldn’t believe daylight from that woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

Somebody please record it to a soundcloud link or something, the blue oyster cult will end up getting it taken off RTE for sure

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

What I don't understand is, she said "the hotel agreed to pay my medical expenses" and also said "i only wanted my medical expenses covered"

Why did this have to go to court then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Penn wrote: »
    Claiming it would have been for a judge to decide if the hotel was at fault for her falling off a swing with a bottle of alcohol in one hand and reaching to take something from her friend with her other hand...

She's done. After their losses in the elections, there's no way Leo can stand by her now. FG can't afford to lose any more swing voters.

i-see-what-5c39e1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's live now, someone posted a tweet with the soundcloud link.

Yep just listened to it all there. Car crash sums it up. The arrogance and entitlement out of her, complete with the condescending attitude in how she dealt with the interviewer.

Total disaster. Far from drawing a line in the sand, she has probably just dug her own political grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

jon1981 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is, she said "the hotel agreed to pay my medical expenses" and also said "i only wanted my medical expenses covered"

That’s what I’m slightly confused about. I did read that they offered 600 euro but she was obviously looking for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I guess the Hotel and their Insurers looked at the €7,500 bill and said to themselves. "She can't be serious"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I guess the Hotel and their Insurers looked at the €7,500 bill and said to themselves. "She can't be serious"

Well given she has private health insurance i find it difficult to believe she could rack up 7.5k in personal medical expenses. VHI or equivalent insurers would cover the bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Give someone enough rope to hang themselves is my reaction to the SOR interview. You've lost the battle, trying to defend yourself afterwards will only make it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dear god such a load of bollocks - "I had to come off all social media and lock myself in my home".

I AM AN HONEST PERSON YOU KNOW ME SEAN etc :D (thankfully he let that lie)

That interview will go down in the annals of RTE’s broadcasting history. It is the radio equivalent of P Flynn’s LLS appearance with Gaybo. Never even heard of/noticed this woman until she went out on a limb to further damage her reputation this morning. Idiot of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

7500 euro seems steep...

would her health insurance not cover this? I assume someone on 94k would have health insurance maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think hotel offered 600 Euro or something like that, she wasn't happy with that amount. Not to mention that part of her medical expenses would be covered by her private health insurance. It was an insurance shake down and with claims they put on affidavit she dragged in also Madigan Solicitors. So instead of being congratulated on her divorce amendment passing with huge majority Josepha Madigan will be answering the questions about the case.

It's an unmitigated disaster for FG at the time when they are being accused they are not doing anything regarding insurance cost raise or even issues businesses are having getting the insurance.

Xcellor wrote: »
    7500 euro seems steep...

would her health insurance not cover this? I assume someone on 94k would have health insurance maybe not.

Agreed but she was a councillor at the time, whats the salary of a councillor these days?

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think hotel offered 600 Euro or something like that, she wasn't happy with that amount. Not to mention that part of her medical expenses would be covered by her private health insurance. It was an insurance shake down and with claims they put on affidavit she dragged in also Madigan Solicitors. So instead of being congratulated on her divorce amendment passing with huge majority Josepha Madigan will be answering the questions about the case.

It's an unmitigated disaster for FG at the time when they are being accused they are not doing anything regarding insurance cost raise or even issues businesses are having getting the insurance.

Ok that's it, shes done. She can't stand over the medical expenses claim only argument. With hotel willing to cover some and private health insurance....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Agreed but she was a councillor at the time, whats the salary of a councillor these days?

What does it matter, how on earth could she rack up those costs for injuries she didn't suffer?! Was she getting x-rays in every hospital?! And if she didn't have private medical insurance at the time, why wasn't she going through the public system instead of racking up massive bills. Oh wait...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement