Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I grew up on the gaa sidelines and I play fair and not OFFSIDE a ha ha ha ha

She also made Madigan a centre point of this issue... Could be the end of both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

jon1981 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is, she said "the hotel agreed to pay my medical expenses" and also said "i only wanted my medical expenses covered"

Why did this have to go to court then?

The silence was deafining when he asked did her insurance not cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Funniest moment was when SOR asked "Do you believe the hotel should have a supervisor beside the swing?". He was about to start laughing.

She sets a record in how many different ways she's a victim. Keyboard warriors, deliberate leaks, being brought up in the seanad, medial records, her families stress and abuse, the media crossing the line of humanity (she actually said that), intense physio, she deserves due process, journalists accountable, solicitors made mistakes, trial by media, she was hurt, working parent who's a victim of sexism and bullying, she couldn't leave the house.

Literally everyone at fault except for the person who was actually responsible for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Peatys wrote: »
    The silence was deafining when he asked did her insurance not cover it.

I noticed she deflected at that point. Brought it back to her family and character assassination or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

"As someone who grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, i play fair and dont play offside!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As they say when you're explaining, you're losing. You can tell she is genuinely shocked at the world right now, how beastly it is for decent honest public representatives ;) At least while invoking motherhood and children a few times she didn't say they were terrified of going online or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Have the 7K medical bills been broken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

buried wrote: »
    Somebody please record it to a soundcloud link or something, the blue oyster cult will end up getting it taken off RTE for sure

Ah c'mon. That level of paranoia can't be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

buried wrote: »
    Somebody please record it to a soundcloud link or something, the blue oyster cult will end up getting it taken off RTE for sure
    https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/maria-bailey-1?fbclid=IwAR2ifjqtkIClDj63-qWtkc2mI8fObB_ryPBFh7GuR_RDsBZitnw6gagE_b8

Shooter McGavin

pew

pew pew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Look, she, no less than anyone of us has a right to bring a case if she feels wronged by negligence. She think's we have an issue with the case itself been brought when in fact it's the details of the case with the lack of integrity and blatant lies she put forward.

She's missing the point, yes you were hurt, yes you're entitled to pursue a case, however, remember your position, your job is to be a public representative and lead by example. Being dishonest about a claim is not leading by example.

Yes there may have been leaks and a direct attack on her, but i'm sorry that's the game you're in. You got caught.

jon1981 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is, she said "the hotel agreed to pay my medical expenses" and also said "i only wanted my medical expenses covered"

Why did this have to go to court then?

SOR posted out that her medical insurance would surely cover some of them. However, at the Swiftcare Clinics VHI ask to to sign a form (can’t recall exactly) if the injury is to form part of a legal claim. I suspect the medical insurers would be asking to have medical expenses claim against them compensated out of a successful court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Her claims as well that they were going to correct the part about her having run a 10k three weeks after the incident where they had said she wasn't able to run for three months... That's the nail in the coffin. That specificity doesn't get put into the court documents unless you choose to say it regardless of whether or not you're able to correct it before it goes before an actual judge, especially if it's being used as a point regarding arbitration or mediation for settlement.

It's why her entire argument of "That's for a judge to decide" is bullsh*t if there have already been negotiations or mediation regarding a settlement which has been based on false claims and an accusation of culpability which she has made, and she has made these claims off her own back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I thought the interviewer let her off very lightly to be honest, some of the things she said were clearly bollocks and he should have pulled her up on them more. For example he allowed her to repeat her claim that this was all a witchhunt without really pointing out that being a witchhunt doesn't change the material facts of the case...

Regardless, she reminded me a lot of a girl I know from the Terenure area, somebody who is completely self absorbed and convinced she is the centre of the world in defiance of all reality. I bet she completely and utterly believes that she was hurt and that she deserved money and that everything being said against her is completely unfair. Its not brazen, its deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1132950765033725953

She's the collateral damage !!! Classic

Jesus, the lying and contorting in that interview was embarrassing tbh.

Had to pull in and listen to it. Few things I noted.

Said she never denied running in the days afterwards, not true, she said she couldn't run "at all"

Stressed that it was supposed to be kept private, the public weren't supposed to be made aware of her claim, no sh1t Sherlock, I wonder why?

When challenged about her running claim, insisted that she was going to amend that "as it's a plaintiffs right to do" (after they're caught out lying presumably)

Kept going on about how she felt completely entitled to pursue the claim after taking legal advice to do so, refused point blank to confirm that it was on Josepha Madigans instructions (I'll take that as a yes so if it's all the same to you Maria)

When challenged about making a compensations claim, insisted that she wasn't claiming for her injuries, only get medical expenses, but was completely dumbfounded when SOR threw the curve ball at her about private health insurance would have already reimbursed her for that. :confused::confused: - admitted they had, but then went on to say she had already absorbed the 7k cost. (Snake oil salesman)

Went for the old victim card of her being a mammy and a female and people don't like that, bollocks.

When mentioned that Leo was intending to speak with her, and rumours about party expulsions, countered that by saying after the week that was in it, "she was minded not to read to much into what it says in the paper" but had absolutely zero comeback when SOR asked her to clarify what, if anything has been contradicted - **tumbleweeds**

The interview finished with her speaking about Josepha Madigans involvement in her case, and how it was irrelevant if she had any involvement in it, personally I took it as a shot across the bow to the higher echelons in the party, "if I go down, I'll spill the beans lads"

Absolutely car crash interview. Not a shred of integrity has she got.

Like Leo, she's only sorry it got exposed, I get the impression Maria didn't like her dirty knickers aired in public.

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Who was the journo that broke the story? Was it the same guy who torpedoed John Delaney and Ellie Kisyombe? If so, that guy is on a serious hot streak. Pound for pound the most feared journalist in public life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

golfball37 wrote: »
    There would be only 10-20 TDs left in the Dáil if we applied that criteria !

What does that tell us about the intelligence of the people who voted to put them there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

lawred2 wrote: »
    Have the 7K medical bills been broken down?
    She was initially looking for €60k. Would have been nice if SOR brought that up.

https://www.herald.ie/news/courts/td-had-items-in-both-hands-when-she-fell-off-swing-hotel-claims-38131916.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

meeeeh wrote: »
    Listening to it. It's a disaster. Did she actually ask anyone in FG if she should go on radio?
    It appears she didn’t because you’d assume they’d tell her to not do it. I’ve listened to the interview back and I can see why Regina Doherty seems to have not been able to defend what she said. I think P Flynn and Brian Cowan can rest easy over their interview balls ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

5449865.jpg?w968h681

A penny for Malcolm Tucker's reaction to this

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    Typical Fine Gael yet people keep voting for them.

They still have the best quality candidates, and accurately reflect the political view of a great part of the electorate.
    It isn't the quality of the main political parties that is at fault here, its the quality of Irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

They still have the best quality candidates, and accurately reflect the political view of a great part of the electorate.
    It isn't the quality of the main political parties that is at fault here, its the quality of Irish people.

Obvious troll. Poor attempt 1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

are you not bored yet?

If everywhere smells like shít, time to check your own shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Over 7,000 listens on Soundcloud by the time I started listening to it. Only 12 minutes in and I can't believe what I'm hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭headtheball14

I have a liking for Simon Coveney and Kate o Connell . Don't agree on all their policies but I think they work hard and are decent people. Due to her support of them I have given Maria Bailey a preference previously.
    After that interview I'm questioning my judgement on them. Needless to say no chance she will feature in my future votes.
    We've all been hurt Maria. It's called life and falling off a swing after a couple of drinks is called being an eejit. Trying to get someone else to pay your bills is called brass neck.

Sure, ha even went to the trouble of spelling it out for us dumb dumbs with his initials.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Ah FFS, give it a rest. Many TDs are honest and hard working and deserve to be in Dail Eirean.
    But many are complete idiots and these slip into the Dail almost unnoticed or on the coat-tails of a strong constituency colleague.

When Bailey was elected, her case against the hotel was not common knowledge, so you can hardly blame those who voted for her.

kingstevii wrote: »
    "As someone who grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, i play fair and dont play offside!!!!"

Not my game, but is there 'offside' in GAA?

• Advertisement

The pat personal response suggests you don't actually have a response to the point itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement