Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

If she hadn't done the radio interview Varadkar may have been able to save her political skin. But now she's fooked. He must have wanted to have rushed down to RTE to get her off the radio every second she was on. To think she had PR advice is just staggering. That's his reputation up the swanney. Let alone the Legal firm she tried to deflect blame onto. It reflects very poorly on Madigans.
    If you wrote a script for her to cause maximum damage in a radio interview I don't think you could have topped what she did herself. She machine gunned every moving target in trying to save her own ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

According to the report in the Indo, the case was before the County Registrar motions court on 20th May. Journalists often attend civil sittings as can any member of the public. Journalists attend such matters for reporting on cases in the public interest. That's not to say they didn't get a tipoff from someone, but there is nothing unusual in journalists attending court and obtaining information on cases.

Any journalist, If they are good, should be slipping someone a few quid to keep an eye out for cases that might involve politicians etc....

From everything she said on radio she never expected this to get to court and just expected a hand out from the insurance company....silly b**ch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

janfebmar wrote: »
    Leo has to fire her. Otherwise FG support will fall noticeably.

I think so too. If he lets her off the hook even slightly then the next GE he's given all the other parties a talking point they can hammer home throughout the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Actually I think Leo will be happy in one way - it makes his decision easier. She is toxic.

She said that's up for the judge to decide even though the BS case was dropped.

I must try that tactic with the wife in the coming days.

Was that you left that smell in the bathroom Johnny? That's for a judge to adjudicate on my dear.

Did you walk the dog this morning? That's for a judge to adjudicate on my dear.

Did you drink that whole bottle Johnny? Judge. Adjudicate.

And so on and so forth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

This is going to be talked about on Clare Byrne Live tonight

I wonder what's going to be discussed on the tonight show on virgin media 1 ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think so too. If he lets her off the hook even slightly then the next GE he's given all the other parties a talking point they can hammer home throughout the campaign.

Leo is a chicken poo who can’t make a decision either way. What’s the bets he make her resign so no comeback on him....just in case the working mothers come after him

Which if he had any backbone he would know they won’t because she is an embarrassment to all women, not just working mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

branie2 wrote: »

Bloody Crimecall it should have been on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

They'll be playing this in PR & Spin Clinic training classes for years.

Double Bailey's coming up on Claire Byrne.

Ian and Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The interview today, she seemed to think that the damage that she had done was minimal. I wonder if her father gave her advice to do the interview, because nobody else in FG knew about it. She waited until after the local election results to give the interview.
    SOR: Coming right up to yesterday, the Taoiseach said on The This Week programme, Leo Varadkar, your party leader, that you had done the party reputational damage as a result of the publicity surrounding this case in the run up to the election. What do you say to that?

MB: I think yesterday was a big day for a lot of people and a very tough day for people who weren’t elected. I stand firm in the belief that I take responsibility in the sense that my name was on this case.

I don’t take responsibility that three weeks prior this being leaked that this wasn’t a deliberate attempt to have massive impact in the last week of the election on this party.

Yesterday and the day before, the Greens did absolutely well, a clear message was sent to us to act faster on this issue [climate change]. In my own constituency we retained the seats that we have.

SOR: So you’re saying you didn’t do the party reputational damage?

MB: No, I didn’t say that. What he said was it would be hard to quantify. Sean I am a long time in politics. I looked at the exit polls, and the main reason that people vote for local politicians in local elections, not normally national issues, but in this case partially it was, it was on meeting the candidate.

It was on their work ethic, it was on what they were going to deliver for their community. They were the main reason why people voted for their local candidates.

If it was minimal before the interview, surely she has blown all of her chances out of the water now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Leo is a chicken poo who can’t make a decision either way. What’s the bets he make her resign so no comeback on him....just in case the working mothers come after him

Which if he had any backbone he would know they won’t because she is an embarrassment to all women, not just working mothers

From what I understand, Leo can't make her resign, and she clearly has previous when it comes to going legal with employers etc so can't see him booting her out either.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she's paid off on the Q.T.

money seems to be the centre of her world after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

branie2 wrote: »

Just stuck it on now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any journalist, If they are good, should be slipping someone a few quid to keep an eye out for cases that might involve politicians etc....

From everything she said on radio she never expected this to get to court and just expected a hand out from the insurance company....silly b**ch

Circuit Court lists are published online prior to any civil sittings, again nothing stopping journalists particularly court reporters perusing the lists in advance to check of any cases of interest involving public figures - so nothing to see here.

The media aren't always correct but fair play to the Indo for highlighting this case from the start and it is an excellent example as to why we need to keep supporting traditional journalism to ensure that facts are reported and dishonourable conduct by public figures is highlighted when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Christ just listened there, that was a class interview. I love the way she kept shoehorning integrity into everything and then when talking about Leo she tried say it again and switched to integral.

€7,000 worth of medical expenses and able to run 10km 3 weeks later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

That interview was insane.

SOR: Just clarify one thing, did you have something in each hand when this happened?

MB: That would have been a case for the judge to adjudicate on ...

Insane. She couldn’t answer a simple question,was the victim throughout and even seemed to imply that the legal team somehow managed to coerce her into the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just stuck it on now. Cheers.

Just listening to her again..........definitely intoxicated........she was slurring her words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Just listening to her again..........definitely intoxicated........she was slurring her words.

'Humanity has been crossed', no sober person would say that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 whistlebl0wer

'Humanity has been crossed', no sober person would say that :D

Ah there's no doubt, you can hear her pouring a glass at the start sure!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

It's quite astonishing that this is the biggest story right in the middle of a Local and European election.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wonder if her father was the person advising her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

She's made the boss and his organisation look real bad.

That should be the end of her.

From what I understand, Leo can't make her resign, and she clearly has previous when it comes to going legal with employers etc so can't see him booting her out either.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she's paid off on the Q.T.

money seems to be the centre of her world after all.

He can dump her from FG, he can’t get rid of her as a politician as she has been voted in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

Her Lordship has her say:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-fall-gal-maria-bailey-sees-dark-forces-at-play-1.3906328

(nice picture of Maria too!)

".................... Watching Maria and PR man Paul Allen on the news leaving RTÉ, the words of Fr Ted after the disastrous visit of three bishops to Craggy Island came to mind: “Went pretty well, I thought.”"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

She wasn't far off margaret cash levels of hysteria at times hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Suckit wrote: »
    I wonder if her father was the person advising her.

Himself and Padraig "three housekeepers, try it sometime" Flynn.

Ivan Yates has the jokes to open the tonight show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Did i hear that she took out a previous compo claim against Aer Lingus for getting headaches while she was working there??
    She's a nasty piece of work.

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Did i hear that she took out a previous compo claim against Aer Lingus for getting headaches while she was working there??
    She's a nasty piece of work.
    No idea I’ve never heard that story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement