Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Don't think anyone in FG can laugh at the H Raes after the way this fool carried on.

Talk about a car crash interview.

The HRs, unlike this twit, don't shyte on their own doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/05/28/always-looking-for-someones-manager/
    From left Maria Bailey TD, Kate O’Connell TD and Simon Coveney at an event in the Dean Hotel (cough) in Dublin during Mr Coveney’s Fine Gael leadership bid, May 21, 2017

5723-Simon-Coveney._90512503.jpg

Worth the read.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

jon1981 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to see the CCTV footage released, I think she's suffered enough and her faith is probably already sealed.

Ballicks, I want to know how drunk she was, and what exactly happened. I want the truth,Sean, Sean Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

They're only short of blowing him in that pic...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

that cctv is going to be leaked. poor girl is at home bricking it right now. this nightmare never ends for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ivan Yates queried Micheál Martin as to whither the house should bring forward a motion of censure similar to Ray Burke and Liam Lawlor.

He agreed same was an option.

Impressed with Heather Humphries's performance in the Dáil today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

emo72 wrote: »
    that cctv is going to be leaked. poor girl is at home bricking it right now. this nightmare never ends for her.

I dont think it will be released if it features another FG TD. McKillens can make the government dance to their tune and get development plans approved. It may be very powerful footage to have no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Developers influencing politicians

We’ve been there before :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

ChikiChiki wrote:
    I dont think it will be released if it features another FG TD. McKillens can make the government dance to their tune and get their development plans approved.

That would be blackmail and as much as the McKillens dislike politicians they are not stupid enough to engage in that behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

kingstevii wrote: »

Three hotties to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Just listened back to the Maria Bailey situation being discussed on NT with Pat Kenny. He and David Davin Power kept pointing out that they were not accusing MB of making a false claim. They seemed terrified of liable. They also were very generous to her in their observations. In that sense they are out of kilter with the public mood on this. However all spectrums of opinions are entitled to be aired.

Someone earlier was talking about how softly softly Regina Doherty and Simon Harris reacted to the Maria Bailey interview with Sean O'Rourke. In fairness to them the last thing they wanted to do was to give media more headlines given what MB had done on the radio earlier. You can bet privately they are p*ssed with her. Plus they were never going to public admonish her other than to say she was unwise to do the interview and what she said. Her story had more holes than a knitted jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

kingstevii wrote: »

Three hotties to be fair.
    In all the analysis I think an important point has been forgotten. Maria Bailey is a ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s sad it took a bad interview to make the fg party react and not her actions prior to it. Typical of the ship Leo is running style over substance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"I'm the victim in all of this"

A line which will should haunt her for the rest of her political career.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was she off her rocker to take this case..?.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Could businesses pay into a fund that employs legal people to fight cases like that and pursues the claimant for costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Thargor wrote: »
    120k now lol.

Hollywood stars would kill for those types of figures for a radio interview. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If they don't throw her out of FG then everyone should demand a general election ASAP......vote these gobsh*ts out.

But the problem is we don't vote them out. Look at Michael Lowrey, The three councillors off Prime Time, one of them even topped the poll. Even Mick Wallace looks like getting a promotion. At least it will be european money he'll be paying his revenue settlement with rather than our own money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

emo72 wrote: »

Dont think the cctv will be leaked as that would give Bailey a chance to sue them, it is the hotels property and they are in possession of it so any leak can only have come from one place.

But if Joespha Madigan was there on the night in question then that will come out via a journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

JeffKenna wrote:
    Maria Bailey is a ride!

Probably fall off and sue you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s sad it took a bad interview to make the fg party react and not her actions prior to it. Typical of the ship Leo is running style over substance

I'd never heard of her before the incident was reported in the independent so would most people have even known about the previous issues ?

It was an embarrassing story and if she'd kept the head down it would have gone away as the case I saw being dropped. Maria bailey is to blame for it being the talk of the parish yesterday with an poor interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The Guardian went to town on her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Could businesses pay into a fund that employs legal people to fight cases like that and pursues the claimant for costs?

You would expect when you purchase an insurance policy that they will do all that on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,355 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pablo128 wrote: »

You would expect when you purchase an insurance policy that they will do all that on your behalf.
    Well no because insurers assume the right to settle how they see fit so they can settle even the dodgiest claim if they think it will be cheaper than fighting it.
    That is a big problem in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wheety wrote: »
    The Guardian went to town on her :D

Yeah not great. In the same article they link to our fearless leader from Offaly(sarcasm klaxon btw) and his interview on morning Ireland. I can't remember which FF atop brass who tried to explain away the issue and being a sinus issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dont think the cctv will be leaked as that would give Bailey a chance to sue them, it is the hotels property and they are in possession of it so any leak can only have come from one place.

But if Joespha Madigan was there on the night in question then that will come out via a journalist.

I would say bailey's solicitor have the footage as part of disclosure. That's two legal firms, an insurance company and a hotel that might have the footage. With all staff in these places you could never trace a leak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement