Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Permanently looking for someone's manager" :D Apt description of her and her kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

mickdw wrote: »
    Well no because insurers assume the right to settle how they see fit so they can settle even the dodgiest claim if they think it will be cheaper than fighting it.
    That is a big problem in the system.

I realise that. I was being a little bit sarcastic in my previous post. It didn't come across very well!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This isnt going away, lets see how the chat with Leo goes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Aravo

Shefwedfan wrote:
    In reality insurance fraud is big business

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Solicitor Judges Doctor Chiropractor Physios Etc Etc

Yes indeed it's big business. And all you need is the start of the claim, a visit to a solicitor and everyone has to tool up. The cards are always stacked in the favour of the claimant/plaintiff.

Solicitor for plaintiff
    Junior counsel for plaintiff
    Senior counsel for plaintiff
    Expert witness/es for plaintiff
    Doctor for plaintiff
    Medical expert for plaintiff

Solicitor for defendant
    Junior counsel for defendant
    Senior counsel for defendant
    Expert witness/es for defendant
    Medical expert for defendant

Thargor wrote: »
    This isnt going away, lets see how the chat with Leo goes tomorrow.

he is clueless. he was asked today and just paraphrased other comments and said most people would agree.. he added **** all of his own view, political speak 101, I cannot stand the sight of the little trudeau/macron wannabe hipster prince of a millennial generation...

It's gas he questions the science on his biological age test live on TV, but ask him about this on the spot and he's a marcel marceau tribute act!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I think this whole episode plus the fact that Varadkar is more useless than a chocolate teapot is enough to ensure FG are gone from government after the next GE.
    The only problem is there's nobody competent to replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I think this whole episode plus the fact that Varadkar is more useless than a chocolate teapot is enough to ensure FG are gone from government after the next GE.

Never ever underestimate the stupidity and gombeenism of the Irish electorate.

Case in point - Hugh McElvaney, Joe Queenan and John O'Donnell all reelected the weekend. Fine Gael will poll strongly, no doubt about it. Thats just something I have come to accept and its horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

yaboya1 wrote: »

Yes, they are the best on offer at the moment. Radser, us a capable guy though, and many are dazzled by the trendy, good looking image, and do see that there is a lot of substance to the man as well. Every night isnt a Kylie or Spice Girls night for him you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will Leo have the power to ask her to step down?
    Does he even want her to step down?

Leo doesn't strike me as a guy who could give you a telling off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

NIMAN wrote: »

Hello from Denis Naughten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wheety wrote: »
    The Guardian went to town on her :D
    jesus that's a scathing article

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Leo will be afraid to ask her to step down for fear she might miss the step and sprain her ankle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

A fair and accurate summary.

Interesting to compare "the interview a fiasco on par with a stumbling performance by Brian Cowen in 2010 when he was taoiseach. He denied being drunk."

I know one thing, my insurance has gone up a hell of a lot, and I am never voting FG again. Never. Not after Varadkars performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Dun Laoghaire voters will be forced to vote her in next election for fear they will be sued if she loses her seat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

He'll say something smarmy behind her back instead though, and then de-invite her from his next lavish birthday bash. Social death for a blueshirt these days.

Saw an article on the front page of the Indo today indicating that the nightclub had planned to use cctv to challenge Bailey's claims in court.

How long until that gets leaked? This story hasn't yet run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Could there be substance to the claims by Maria Bailey that [the leak] "... was methodical. It was well orchestrated, it was pre-planned to cause maximum damage and I am the collateral damage in in the interim of that."

Or is it more smoke and mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,355 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You dont become taoiseach by being a nice guy.
    He will have her gone immediately if it suits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

STB. wrote: »
    Could there be substance to the claims by Maria Bailey that [the leak] "... was methodical. It was well orchestrated, it was pre-planned to cause maximum damage and I am the collateral damage in in the interim of that."

Or is it more smoke and mirrors.

If it was leaked for a purpose, they couldn't have found a better subject matter. A story with legs that could go anywhere.

• Advertisement

Saw an article on the front page of the Indo today indicating that the nightclub had planned to use cctv to challenge Bailey's claims in court.

How long until that gets leaked? This story hasn't yet run its course.

I'd say the FG fixers have that well locked down by now, in return for some substantial political favours no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'd say that CCTV footage will be released. They said that they were waiting until they received in writing, that the court case had been dropped before they released any details from their side. They hadn't received anything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Suckit wrote: »
    I'd say that CCTV footage will be released. They said that they were waiting until they received in writing, that the court case had been dropped before they released any details from their side. They hadn't received anything today.
    How long before it becomes a meme I wonder?

To thine own self be true

Nobelium wrote: »
    I'd say the FG fixers have that well locked down by now, in return for some substantial political favours no doubt.
    That doesn't make any sense.

It's Fox News (Ireland) sort of rhetoric. FG have no real local council powers, which are divorced from councillors anyway, which are in a different landscape to parliamentary politics and...

Why am I bothering explaining this?

That doesn't make any sense.

It's Fox News (Ireland) sort of rhetoric. FG have no real local council powers, which are divorced from councillors anyway, which are in a different landscape to parliamentary politics and...

Why am I bothering explaining this?

Some pretend Fox news dog whistle fantasy . . really that's the best you can do ? And if you think it's about local authority level, you haven't a clue.

Some pretend Fox news dog whistle fantasy . . really that's the best you can do ? And if you think it's about local authority level, you haven't a clue.

You're starting to sound like Gemma O'D.

I don't believe the whole system is rigged, if that's what you're getting at. Most national politicians don't deem it worthwhile to engage in corruption, and certainly not a Dáil majority.

You're starting to sound like Gemma O'D.

Again, this seem to be the best that you do.

I don't believe the whole system is rigged, if that's what you're getting at. Most national politicians don't deem it worthwhile to engage in corruption, and certainly not a Dáil majority.

Again, if pretending what someone posted is the best you can do, it says more about you than me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Careful she doesn’t sue Leinster House when she comes off her seat in the dail

• Advertisement

Again, this seem to be the best that you do.
    And you, also, have done your best.

Bailey is a fool and is in the process of being hung out to dry by her own party. Quite rightly. But to see people use this as a wedge to demonstrate widespread political corruption is frankly, pitiable. Good evening to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement