Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice needed please

Options
  • 21-05-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Next door moved back to USA and bloke asked me to sell this for him and send him on the proceeds.

I'll stick it up on adverts but have no idea of what it's worth and before I get roasted on there, would like an opinion from the experts here as to what it is worth as I have no idea of computer parts?

It's a graphics card PNY Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 XLR8 Performance edition.
    1536mb GDDR5
    Looks like it has never been used.
    Box has a couple of slight marks from another box left on top of it but only on outside, guessing it is old as box says "compatible with Windows 7".

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably only worth about €35.

Not much. The card is nearly 10 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would say it's almost worthless. It's an ancient and extremely power hungry card, would serve no real purpose in any modern machine. Maybe as a stop-gap to replace a broken card or something, but not much else. €20 would be about the height of it I would imagine realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

I wouldn't waste my time selling this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thx for comments lads.

I said I'd try and sell it for him so will stick it up so then at least I can send something over for it if it sells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Should probably plug it in & see what it is, since that appears to be a Quadro card - might be of use to someone with a Photoshop machine I guess.

Might even be a Quadro FX 5800 4Gb, which are worth around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yea the box is from a different card. I just looked at description saying 480 but from pics it appears to be a quadro but not real use for gaming though. It may be a more modern quadro than a 480.

As was said above you would have to plug it in and see what it is or see if there are any stickers on card and not the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I sold a gtx430 I had lying around to someone on the Facebook market a few months ago for 25 euro. You might as well stick it up for 25-35 and see if you get lucky eventually.

I took me over 6 months to sell mine but its not like it takes any effort :)

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro-fx-5800.c1319
    Launched in November 2008.
    Its price at launch was 3499 US Dollars.

:eek:

It might also "just" be a Quadro FX 4800.

I stuck an ad up on adverts, sold it, then the buyer contacted me to say the box and card were different!
    Guess the guy took the card out and put another one in the box.
    I probably should have checked first, refunded him the money and now have a box and a Nvidia Quadro FX 5800 graphic card.

It looks new but no idea tbh, any idea what that card would be worth?
    Tx

• Advertisement

Not a big loss if he did a swap-a-roo tbh, GTX 480 isn't great for anything in this day.

Quadro FX 4800 & 5800 still seem to sell on eBay so just price it similarly & hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The FX5800 would be worth more than the GTX480 anyway. I'd just flog it for €50 for a straight-forward hassle free sale and be done with it.

A good gauge of price on Ebay is find ads which have multiple watchers, that usually indicates the price is generally around true market value or reasonably priced.

I'll stick it up on adverts for €50 based on Ebay prices around £70+ might be okay.
    Cheers (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

probably swapped it because it was dead

Advertisement